Wiki Posts
Search

No Android Honors App?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond,PC Plat,MR Lifetme Titanium,Ex-CO Plat,UA 1K
No Android Honors App?

I just tried to download the app but got a message that my phone isn't compatible?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It depends on your version of Android. I have 5.1 running HHonors 2.0.0
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: Yes please
Had the same problem. Remedy; delete app and download old version from the Amazon app store.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
There was another thread on this issue and I've posted a solution too.

You can try downloading the HH app apk from a third party website and install it manually on your android device.

If you need the download link, please PM me as I'm not sure if I can post it here on FT.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, AAdvantage, SPG Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, BOFA Accolades
Try to search for the app again. Hilton posted a newly designed app that works with Android 5.x Lollipop. No need to go to any 3rd party app store.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:48 pm

If you intend to make reservations or log into your HHonors account through the APP, I would suggest that you do not download an older version from a 3rd party site no less. If it is just to search hotels, then by all means. Currently the official HHonors Android app requires your Android to be 4.1 and up.

Last edited by PayItForward; Apr 27, 2015 at 5:46 pm
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:38 am

Does anyone know the version progression from version 1.6? Did it go straight from 1.6 to 2.0 or were there versions (1.7, 1.8 etc) in between? TIA.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
I wish they made a Blackberry version. The android one requires Google Services so I can't run it on my Z10.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond,PC Plat,MR Lifetme Titanium,Ex-CO Plat,UA 1K
Thanks for all the replies! My android won't be updated (work phone) so I guess I'm out of luck.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by afCAMEO
Thanks for all the replies! My android won't be updated (work phone) so I guess I'm out of luck.
Not really.
Have you tried using the browser on your Android phone to surf to HHonors site?
It renders a Mobile version of the web.
Not as "beautiful" as the app but still functional and not too much as the desktop site.
You can bookmark it and then save the bookmark to your home screen.
Kind of a work around in your circumstances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.