Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Maison Astor Paris, Curio Collection (Paris) {FRA} (France) (was Astor-Saint Honore)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Maison Astor Paris, Curio Collection (Paris) {FRA} (France) (was Astor-Saint Honore)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Arrow Maison Astor Paris, Curio Collection (Paris) {FRA} (France) (was Astor-Saint Honore)

I just did a search for an upcoming trip to Paris, and now it shows a new hotel, the Hotel Astor - Saint Honore - it looks like they will join Hilton by May - does anyone knows something about the hotel?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
^^^!!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
multiple media reports on this, e.g. http://www.eturbonews.com/57645/hilt...st-curio-paris
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Confused, the article says the following:
The hotel, owned by Maranatha Group, will undergo a substantial refurbishment prior to welcoming its first guests under the Curio brand in 2016

The Hilton website says
This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in May 2015.

Since May is two weeks away and cannot book online, presume website typo and they meant to say May 2016?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've stayed at the Astor St. Honoré several times...

It's an old hotel, reasonably maintained. Stayed there several times 4-5 years ago based on price and location. With the scope of the refurbishment unknown, the result could range from OK to very nice. The location is nice...near St. Augustin (Metro and restaurants), shopping and easy walking distance to the Louvre, etc.

It's on a side street so it's not noisy.

I see this as my likely go-to Hilton property in Paris when it reopens as a Curio.
Old May 1, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Hotel Astor - Saint Honore (Paris) {FRA} (France)

Now bookable. I booked nights in June.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
Now bookable. I booked nights in June.
When I was looking, it indicated that it does not participate in HHonors -- just wanted you to know!
Old May 15, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
When I was looking, it indicated that it does not participate in HHonors -- just wanted you to know!
Today, the blurb about that said they are joining Curio sometime in the fall and until then one would not earn points, at least through August anyway. I don't recall the exact details. So it sounds like eventually it will participate, just not yet.
Old May 31, 2015, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The text on the website says "This is affiliate hotel that is currently not participating in HHonors. HHonors points will not be accrued for any stays prior to August 2015. This hotel will be joining the Curio, A Collection by Hilton in Autumn 2016."

As they wanted over €500 per night in June I decided to skip it anyways.
Old May 31, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
The text on the website says "This is affiliate hotel that is currently not participating in HHonors. HHonors points will not be accrued for any stays prior to August 2015. This hotel will be joining the Curio, A Collection by Hilton in Autumn 2016."

As they wanted over €500 per night in June I decided to skip it anyways.
Interesting, wondering if 2016 is a typo or it really takes that long... Right now I've got a booking for December as the rate was right.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:03 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
With a BRG I can get a fantastic rate in October 2015. Anyone know if I will earn Honors points or get gold benefits? TIA
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
With a BRG I can get a fantastic rate in October 2015. Anyone know if I will earn Honors points or get gold benefits? TIA
I have the same question. Were you able to get an answer?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
I booked this hotel for oct this year with hilton website. using gold medal rates. Got around 200 euro per night.^^
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by raji
I booked this hotel for oct this year with hilton website. using gold medal rates. Got around 200 euro per night.^^
This hotel has been cheaper (~150 euro) on a few OTAs recently. You may be able to file a BRG claim and get for that lower rate, less $50.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
Originally Posted by ncSam
This hotel has been cheaper (~150 euro) on a few OTAs recently. You may be able to file a BRG claim and get for that lower rate, less $50.
Thank You. May I request you to inform which OTA offering this rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.