FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Maison Astor Paris, Curio Collection (Paris) {FRA} (France) (was Astor-Saint Honore) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1673068-maison-astor-paris-curio-collection-paris-fra-france-astor-saint-honore.html)

Ed Size Apr 18, 2015 10:09 am

Maison Astor Paris, Curio Collection (Paris) {FRA} (France) (was Astor-Saint Honore)

I just did a search for an upcoming trip to Paris, and now it shows a new hotel, the Hotel Astor - Saint Honore - it looks like they will join Hilton by May - does anyone knows something about the hotel?

pauleeepaul Apr 18, 2015 11:13 am

^^^!!

treppenlaeufer Apr 19, 2015 9:59 am

multiple media reports on this, e.g. http://www.eturbonews.com/57645/hilt...st-curio-paris

oranjemakker Apr 20, 2015 3:29 am

Confused, the article says the following:
The hotel, owned by Maranatha Group, will undergo a substantial refurbishment prior to welcoming its first guests under the Curio brand in 2016

The Hilton website says
This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in May 2015.

Since May is two weeks away and cannot book online, presume website typo and they meant to say May 2016?

Portolan Apr 23, 2015 7:00 am

I've stayed at the Astor St. Honoré several times...

It's an old hotel, reasonably maintained. Stayed there several times 4-5 years ago based on price and location. With the scope of the refurbishment unknown, the result could range from OK to very nice. The location is nice...near St. Augustin (Metro and restaurants), shopping and easy walking distance to the Louvre, etc.

It's on a side street so it's not noisy.

I see this as my likely go-to Hilton property in Paris when it reopens as a Curio.

FlyinDutchman May 1, 2015 2:08 pm

Hotel Astor - Saint Honore (Paris) {FRA} (France)

Now bookable. I booked nights in June.

NJUPINTHEAIR May 9, 2015 4:48 am

Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman (Post 24751807)
Now bookable. I booked nights in June.

When I was looking, it indicated that it does not participate in HHonors -- just wanted you to know!

GrjApp May 15, 2015 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR (Post 24789314)
When I was looking, it indicated that it does not participate in HHonors -- just wanted you to know!

Today, the blurb about that said they are joining Curio sometime in the fall and until then one would not earn points, at least through August anyway. I don't recall the exact details. So it sounds like eventually it will participate, just not yet.

stimpy May 31, 2015 4:02 pm

The text on the website says "This is affiliate hotel that is currently not participating in HHonors. HHonors points will not be accrued for any stays prior to August 2015. This hotel will be joining the Curio, A Collection by Hilton in Autumn 2016."

As they wanted over €500 per night in June I decided to skip it anyways. ;)

Calcifer May 31, 2015 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 24897697)
The text on the website says "This is affiliate hotel that is currently not participating in HHonors. HHonors points will not be accrued for any stays prior to August 2015. This hotel will be joining the Curio, A Collection by Hilton in Autumn 2016."

As they wanted over €500 per night in June I decided to skip it anyways. ;)

Interesting, wondering if 2016 is a typo or it really takes that long... Right now I've got a booking for December as the rate was right.

Quinlanty Jun 1, 2015 4:03 am

With a BRG I can get a fantastic rate in October 2015. Anyone know if I will earn Honors points or get gold benefits? TIA

ncSam Jul 10, 2015 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Quinlanty (Post 24899703)
With a BRG I can get a fantastic rate in October 2015. Anyone know if I will earn Honors points or get gold benefits? TIA

I have the same question. Were you able to get an answer?

raji Jul 15, 2015 2:08 am

I booked this hotel for oct this year with hilton website. using gold medal rates. Got around 200 euro per night.^^

ncSam Jul 15, 2015 10:31 am

Originally Posted by raji (Post 25119431)
I booked this hotel for oct this year with hilton website. using gold medal rates. Got around 200 euro per night.^^

This hotel has been cheaper (~150 euro) on a few OTAs recently. You may be able to file a BRG claim and get for that lower rate, less $50.

raji Jul 16, 2015 1:19 am

Originally Posted by ncSam (Post 25121140)
This hotel has been cheaper (~150 euro) on a few OTAs recently. You may be able to file a BRG claim and get for that lower rate, less $50.

Thank You. May I request you to inform which OTA offering this rate.