Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by sethb
No executive lounge (but they might build one).
This is interesting - because when I last stayed in this property, some time before it transitioned to Hilton, it certainly did have an executive lounge, and exec floors. This would have been late 2013, perhaps?

The lounge was in a top floor corner position, plenty of windows - they did a continental breakfast in the mornings and a cocktail/drinks/snacks deal in the evenings. The drinks were on the honour system - you were supposed to fill in a chit if you took things, and they'd be applied to your room.

Did this die sometime before the Hilton acquisition, or is its death new?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by opalfruit
This is interesting - because when I last stayed in this property, some time before it transitioned to Hilton, it certainly did have an executive lounge, and exec floors. This would have been late 2013, perhaps?

The lounge was in a top floor corner position, plenty of windows - they did a continental breakfast in the mornings and a cocktail/drinks/snacks deal in the evenings. The drinks were on the honour system - you were supposed to fill in a chit if you took things, and they'd be applied to your room.

Meant to say; enquiring as I have an upcoming stay here - I usually stay at the Union Sq or FD HHs, or either of the two ICs when staying in SF - but the Parc55 slipping under Hilton's wing piqued my interest when booking. Well, that and some exorbitant pricing at the ICs!

Any reports from Diamonds since the changeover? I guess I shouldn't be expecting much from the Parc55.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Stayed here and the SF Hilton a couple weeks ago.

Great location. At the top of the escalator from the Powel Muni/Bart. Even though it only a block or so from the SF Hilton, safer area at night. I would be nervous making a left turn at night out of the SF Hilton.

Breakfast for Diamonds is vouchers for the breakfast buffet that has some hot items and for gold's it's a grab and go bag with an option to upgrade to the buffet for a charge (I believe it's $10).

No exec lounge. I was told that when it was a Marriott property there was a lounge.

Received a nice upgrade but my room wasn't ready at check in, housekeeping was running behind so not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. They also gave me a voucher since the room wasn't ready for the bar that was enogh covered a couple drinks, an appetizer and the tip.

If you can get the server at the SF Hilton to comp you the full buffet, the SF Hilton buffet is definitely better, but if it's the cont. buffet, the Parc buffet is better. Location is better at Parc, especially if relying on Bart from OAK or SFO. If both hotels were the same I would chose Parc, but if there was a difference in rate, I would go with whichever is cheapest.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))

I was told there was a lounge when it was under the Marriott family. It was most recently a Wyndham and IIRC under no brand for a while between Marriott and Wyndham and I don't know of any Wyndham with a lounge. Wyndham took over before 2013 though, are you thinking of a regular bar that was in that area? This would be a great property for a lounge.

I prefer the free breakfast they give diamond's over a lounge breakfast, but the lounge would be nice for pre theater appetizers and snacks.
Old May 9, 2015, 10:01 pm

At the Parc55 now, been here a couple days. Very little has changed since my last stay.

Room technically upgraded from a 'Contemporary City View' to a 'Skyline View'. No suite upgrade. Given hot buffet breakfast coupons. Also the check-in person said something about a point bonus for staying with them or somesuch?

Rooms are unchanged from the Wyndham/Marriott days - everything's a little bit beige and insipid. The lobby bar is being rebranded 'Cable55' from the previous 'Cityhouse'.

Doubt I'll be back in a hurry and will stick to the Hilton across the road, the FD Hilton, or the SOMA IC for my future SF visits.
Old May 10, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
I was there in March for two nights. I didn't pay that much attention to the furniture.

As A Diamond, the hot breakfast is much more better than the $10 Starbucks coupon at the SF Hilton.

They seem to have problems handling the free internet charges.

I liked its location.

The SF Hilton got rid of its Ex Lounge during the recession and I haven't heard anything about it coming back. This is a 2000 room hotel.
Old May 11, 2015, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Room technically upgraded from a 'Contemporary City View' to a 'Skyline View'. No suite upgrade. Given hot buffet breakfast coupons. Also the check-in person said something about a point bonus for staying with them or somesuch?
The website says 1,000 points/night through 24 August.
Old May 11, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by sethb
The website says 1,000 points/night through 24 August.
Is there anything you need to do in order to get the points? I have a stay in July I booked a while back on Hilton.com. I'm assuming this is an additional 1,000 points in addition to the bonus points diamonds get on each full service Hilton stay?
Old May 11, 2015, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Is there anything you need to do in order to get the points? I have a stay in July I booked a while back on Hilton.com. I'm assuming this is an additional 1,000 points in addition to the bonus points diamonds get on each full service Hilton stay?
The fine print says "Best Available Rate or Bed and Breakfast Package". It would be in addition to anything else.
Old May 12, 2015, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I last stayed here 15 years ago when it was still a Renaissance (I think). Does anyone know if they still have that wacky corner room? I recall it was a bit maze-like, but rather large. It became my go-to room in SF, when not at the Hyatt Embarcadero.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I was just booked here by my new employer and my reservation shows "Travel Volume Rate." Does anyone know if that earns points at this property? Appears to have been booked through Amex Travel.

Bonus question: does it qualify for the current 3x promo?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by txflyer77
I was just booked here by my new employer and my reservation shows "Travel Volume Rate." Does anyone know if that earns points at this property? Appears to have been booked through Amex Travel.

Bonus question: does it qualify for the current 3x promo?
Yes and yes. I just did a stay there and will do review soon.

Plus there was a special Parc55 bonus as well. ^
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by ptownca
Yes and yes. I just did a stay there and will do review soon.

Plus there was a special Parc55 bonus as well. ^
Thanks! Looking forward to the review. I'll be there for ten nights.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Mini Review Parc 55

I did a 2 night stay there this month for a conference down the street.

Booked a standard King and pre-arrival upgraded as a Diamond to a Skyview Corner Room on the 28th floor with superb views. (The hotel has 32 floors.) ^

On check-in asked some Hilton specific questions and it seems at least to me, the front desk is clued in about the major parts of the HHonors program. Uniformly friendly staff and you had the feeling the reflag to Hilton was a good thing to them. Asked if the room had a mini fridge and they proposed sending one up no charge, which I said yes.

The public areas are very contemporary, very new and somewhat atypical for a standard Hilton one sees in city downtowns.

The location is quite good, but keep in mind, the Tenderloin district is not far away and you need to know where are going. Two SF police are detailed from 6 pm there mostly to keep the rifraff and homeless away. I never felt unsafe, but then I am SF often so know where to go in the evening. Across the street is the the Westlake Center, the biggest downtown mall. Plenty of restaurant choices and BART is right outside the front door.

As for the room I had I would estimate it at about 400 Sq ft and never felt cramped. Overall condition: pretty good to excellent. Everything worked, save for it was a bit slow one morning getting hot water in the shower. Wifi was spotty one evening and then fine the rest. Wifi in public areas was usable.

Diamonds are given a coupon for full hot buffet, which was fine for me, including Asian options, as well as salmon and eggs benedict. You can apply this to an ala carte choice and gratuity is included with the coupon. Breakfast service was certainly above average in all cases.

I had dinner in the lounge one evening and the standard kinds of offerings were fine. Decent wine list too. Not spectacular, not awful.

In our corporate booking system it is rated 4*, over the other downtown Hiltons which are rated 3* and I would agree. I have stayed at the other two downtown and found this to be the best option for quality overall.

http://www.parc55hotel.com/ Has some good pictures which really give you the flavor of the hotel.

Nits:

Parking is obscenely expensive if you are from outside SF $58.00 a day - valet only.

The exterior windows could have been cleaner given they advertise the views.

Overall: Solid downtown 4* star hotel.

Last edited by ptownca; Jul 6, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks ptownca! Valuable info for my upcoming extended stay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.