FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1657454-parc-55-san-francisco-hilton-hotel-us-ca.html)

sethb Feb 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Parc 55 San Francisco - A Hilton Hotel {US-CA}

Anybody stay there since it turned into a Hilton? I have a stay booked for next month, and I'm just wondering if there's anything it would be helpful to know in advance.

GoAmtrak Feb 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Might help this thread's visibility to include "San Francisco" in the title. Not only is this an SF property, it's the closest hotel to the tourist-thronged cable car turnaround at the foot of Powell and all the other Market/Powell transportation and shopping attractions.

drivechip Feb 28, 2015 7:36 am

I'll be there in a couple of days. Changed my booking from Hilton Financial District to Parc 55 to checkout this new property in the Hilton group.

MissJ Feb 28, 2015 5:40 pm

I'll be there next weekend and will report back.

ptownca Feb 28, 2015 10:24 pm

I did stay there about a year ago and it was fine. Parking was expensive even by SF standards, but the rest was great.

sethb Feb 28, 2015 10:57 pm

It wasn't a Hilton then.

I'm arriving Tuesday night, with a challenge for them (back to back stays, points + cash; not a biggie).

sethb Mar 4, 2015 1:32 am

I'm here now. I notified them Monday about the back to back stays; they handled it before I checked in.

I won't say the room needs remodeling per se (sometimes I even prefer older furniture) but it does. Dresser drawer space is somewhere between nonexistent and inadequate (2 drawers about 1' wide). Lots of outlets, at least. The front desk was telling someone else they plan to upgrade their Internet now that they're a Hilton; it seems rather slow (but speedtest.net says down 2.93, up 0.39 Mbps). I got breakfast coupons for the cold buffet. No executive lounge (but they might build one).

dw Mar 4, 2015 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by sethb (Post 24451129)
I won't say the room needs remodeling per se (sometimes I even prefer older furniture) but it does.

In the last 10 years, this property has gone from being a Renaissance to being independent to being a Wyndham, so I don't think the property owner was interested in investing too much into capital improvements. Hopefully now that it has been sold and is under the Hilton flag, something will be done. (Unfortunately, I don't recall any mention in any of the press releases of upcoming renovations, which are often the case in conjunction with a reflagging.)

bacook Mar 4, 2015 2:41 pm

For the nights I'm looking at, this property is the same rate as st Union Square property. Location seems slightly better at the Parc 55 but given it's over Christmas maybe a better chance of an upgrade (I'm Diamond) at US given it's often described as a convention hotel.

Any strong opinions on one versus the other? I've previously stayed at the FD and while I was happy there, for the same price I'd try out the more central location.

sethb Mar 4, 2015 2:59 pm

They are, literally, across the street (diagonally) from each other. If the windows opened, I could throw a baseball (if I had a baseball) from my room at the Parc 55 and hit the Hilton. (The front entrances are further apart, they don't face each other.)

All else (e.g. cost) being equal, I'd stay at the Hilton.

bacook Mar 4, 2015 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by sethb (Post 24455127)
They are, literally, across the street (diagonally) from each other. If the windows opened, I could throw a baseball (if I had a baseball) from my room at the Parc 55 and hit the Hilton. (The front entrances are further apart, they don't face each other.)

All else (e.g. cost) being equal, I'd stay at the Hilton.

Thanks for the input. Better rooms?

sethb Mar 4, 2015 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by bacook (Post 24455315)
Thanks for the input. Better rooms?

They're both old enough to have many different types of rooms. I suspect that overall, the Hilton is better. (Much of the Hilton has been renovated, I don't know how much.)

sethb Mar 7, 2015 11:33 am

In the last few days, the Parc 55's wireless network was renamed HHONORS. (The login page says Parc 55, so it's not the network from the Hilton. That one seems to be hhonors.)

drivechip Mar 10, 2015 8:35 pm

I recently stayed at the Parc 55 for two nights. The furniture are quite outdated and it is very loud even on the high floors. If you get the Hilton for a similar price take not the Parc 55.

MissJ Mar 10, 2015 10:21 pm

I was there this past weekend and enjoyed my stay. There must be a lot of different room decor styles because mine wasn't outdated at all. Not a huge room, but the furnishings were modern and the decor up to date. I am trying to find a photo like my room online, but the furniture in my room was definitely newer than what I'm seeing in pics. No noise issues on 27 and the views were nice. Location is great, just be careful which way you go at night.