Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Beds Hilton Garden Inn

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Originally Posted by BobH
I'm just the opposite -- I stay at HGI's because of them --- but they're getting fewer and farther between and we had one recently that was about worn out.

Bob H
And that is my chief complaint. I like the bed when it's in good shape but I really do prefer the regular Hilton bed in general. I've had a few HGIs recently where the bed was not working right and it makes sleeping there very difficult.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 2:33 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I too didn't like the old beds - unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the new ones either.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
User adjustable firmness = easy to please lots of road warriors. New mattress = too soft/too hard and no ability to adjust.

Bad move, in my opinion.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Cool

New to Hilton and glad to hear the inflatable beds are being phased out. Many Radissons have them and to be honest, if I wanted to sleep on an air mattress, I'd go visit my dad in FL.

At Radisson, they were horrible. Not sure if there's a different model/type at HGIs.

Love the Hampton bed - enough in fact to book away from Marriott and IHG in order to get a great night's sleep. ^
Old Jul 31, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Any word on mattresses getting replaces? Just finished 4 nights in Valdosta, GA at a HGI and my bed was broken. Woke up in a sink hole every morning and driving home with a aching back.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: HH D
I think this is the very reason they are replacing them. I was avoiding HGI because of the poor beds - compared to Doubletree and Hilton. Then I read someone say on FlyerTalk in a previous forum thread he was ending up in a sink hole, just like you. Thought it was quite laughable but not very serious. Until, on a next stay, I ended up in a hole myself with a sore back the next morning. I'm thinking about getting me a Serta Perfect Sleeper for the home. Must save me a lot on hotel stays.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:22 am

Confirmed Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown just got the new beds.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:53 am

Was told earlier this year that the HGI in Columbus, GA would have new beds. Returned this week and still same broken sleep number beds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.