Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Centre {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Centre {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:52 am

Does anyone know how much the Bomonti is charging for a limousine transfer from the airport.

Thx.beforehand.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
It is TRL 630 for Mercedes E class roundtrip airport transfer
you can email Hilton directly for the price sheet:
Koray Cagiran [email protected]

We used an excellent and inexpensive service:
Atilla Caliskan
Travel Consultant
Web:www.ataturkairporttransfer.net
Mail:[email protected]
Association of Turkish Travel Agency License No : 2617
Yeni Akbıyık Street No:30 Sultanahmet / Istanbul

Paid 25 euros for a family of 4 total. New Mercedes van. Would highly recommend this service.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by kmwjes
It is TRL 630 for Mercedes E class roundtrip airport transfer
you can email Hilton directly for the price sheet:
Koray Cagiran [email protected]

Atilla Caliskan
Travel Consultanturo

Paid 25 euros for a family of 4 total. New Mercedes van. Would highly recommend this service.
Hi kmwjes.

Thank you very much indeed for your swift response and for the link.

25 Euro for 4 Pax is a steal . Do have to pay cash or CC ?

630 TRY for an E-Class ,that equals 213 Euro !

Is there a separate CI for Diamonds at the Bomonti ?

Last edited by moeser; Apr 18, 2014 at 2:42 am
Old Apr 18, 2014, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by moeser
Hi kmwjes.

Thank you very much indeed for your swift response and for the link.

25 Euro for 4 Pax is a steal . Do have to pay cash or CC ?

630 TRY for an E-Class ,that equals 213 Euro !

Is there a separate CI for Diamonds at the Bomonti ?
You are welcome. We were surprised at the cost as well and the service exceeded our expectations. We used this service for our 4:00 a.m. return to the airport and the driver was prompt and early!
We paid 25 euros cash.

I suppose you mean CI is CL(concierge lounge) which there is an excellent and spacious concierge lounge with both outstanding food offerings and views. This would be a hotel to return to for Hilton Diamonds.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by kmwjes
You are welcome. We were surprised at the cost as well and the service exceeded our expectations. We used this service for our 4:00 a.m. return to the airport and the driver was prompt and early!
We paid 25 euros cash.

I suppose you mean CI is CL(concierge lounge) which there is an excellent and spacious concierge lounge with both outstanding food offerings and views. This would be a hotel to return to for Hilton Diamonds.
Thx again.

I meant CI as Check In.
Old May 4, 2014, 1:51 am

Atilla Caliskan
Travel Consultant
May I ask you: Did the driver already wait for you at arrival with a sign with your name on it or is there a special meeting point?

Thank you!
Old May 4, 2014, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by LH1351
May I ask you: Did the driver already wait for you at arrival with a sign with your name on it or is there a special meeting point?

Thank you!
Once you exit the customs area, we went through sliding doors where there was a representative with a sign and our name. There was not a special meeting point, we just looked for our name. The sign was not only with our name but with other customers as well.
Old May 5, 2014, 8:57 am

ok, perfect, thank you.

Does the hotel also have a security check/ scanner in the lobby? I know it's for our own safety, otherwise its a bit laborious, especially if there is a queue.

And: Are there seperate Executive Floors in the hotel?
If someone has more pictures of the hotel, they are welcome...
Old May 14, 2014, 7:54 am

Anyone have experience as a Gold here? Already booked a suite so not sure how likely an upgrade is!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:58 am

Visiting next week - anyone come across any good restaurants nearby?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by unknown786
Visiting next week - anyone come across any good restaurants nearby?
I've stayed at the Bomonti in February and can't remember seeing any good restaurants nearby - to be bluntly honest there isn't really much around the hotel. It's in a residential area that is currently developed into an up-and-coming area. Regarding you question on upgrades as Gold I can only say that I was upgraded from a standard room on points + cash to an executive room last time which is probably not much help if you are already booked into a suite. If you got any specific questions on the hotel feel free to PM me - I'm going back there on Saturday so even if it's something I can't remember I can probably check on the weekend.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by LH1351
ok, perfect, thank you.

Does the hotel also have a security check/ scanner in the lobby? I know it's for our own safety, otherwise its a bit laborious, especially if there is a queue.

And: Are there seperate Executive Floors in the hotel?
If someone has more pictures of the hotel, they are welcome...
Yes it does have a security check with a scanner in the lobby. I yet have to encounter any 4-5 Star hotel in Istanbul who doesn't. As far as I can remember the two top-floors were the executive floors.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Mora
I've stayed at the Bomonti in February and can't remember seeing any good restaurants nearby - to be bluntly honest there isn't really much around the hotel. It's in a residential area that is currently developed into an up-and-coming area. Regarding you question on upgrades as Gold I can only say that I was upgraded from a standard room on points + cash to an executive room last time which is probably not much help if you are already booked into a suite. If you got any specific questions on the hotel feel free to PM me - I'm going back there on Saturday so even if it's something I can't remember I can probably check on the weekend.
Thanks for this - I thought that was probably the case. I presume it's easy/cheap to get taxis to Sultanhamet etc?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:29 am

Taxis are definitely easy to get a hold off - there are always plenty outside the hotel. I unfortunately can't say anything on prices - I stayed there on business and had a driver provided by our company and didn't do any sightseeing.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hertz PC
Issues with airconditioning

I am just in the middle of a two weeks trip at the Hilton Bomonti.

The Hotel itself is in excellent shape: Grand in scale, modern decor and with a great executive lounge on the 34st floor this hotel has some of the best hardware I have seen in a hilton brand hotel.

I am staying in one of their mid-tier suites (Bomonti Suite) with two bedrooms and a great bosphorus view. The bathrooms are top notch.

So much for the good.

Which really annoys me is the airconditioning: The room heats up to over 25 C (78 F) in the day and stays at 22,5 C (73 F) over the night.

And this in the turkish winter with single digits outside...

The hotels management is not too helpfull about the problem: They pretend to be on the problem - but the issue persists... I am beginning to get angry when I get to the reception with the card saying "If something is wrong - We will make it right" ;-) At one point they delivered a fruit plate as an appology to my room that I could easiely have made myself in the executive lounge any time of the day. I rarely felt so cheap in a hotel...

The worst part probably is, that the whole problem is a cost saving scheme: Temperatures are quickly coming down after I complain - just to get up again in the night. The hotel seems to cut energy costs in winter on the expense of their guests...

The verdict: The hardware of the place is amongst the best I have seen in a hilton. But with no windows to open and temperatures in the room as they are I will probably not return. What a pity...

Last edited by Wolf; Dec 25, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.