Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Centre {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Centre {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2013, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Centre {TUR}

Hello friends! Husband and I are taking an anniversary trip to Istanbul in May 2014. I have a conference at the convention center, but that will only be for two of 7 days. There are incredible rates for the

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/tur...HHI/index.html

Seems like its going to be very nice once it opens, but anyone have any tips for a newbie to Istanbul on location?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
I am wondering the same thing. Will be visiting in late March. Great rates compared to the other Hilton properties, but looking at a map it seems a bit further from the old town where the stuff that tourists generally want to see is. Would love some feedback on the location though.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:04 am

Location: Silahsor Caddesi No:42 I Istanbul SISLI 34381 I Turkey
Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center

Dear mdmama and LA_FadeAway,

Thank you for your interest in the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel & Conference Center. We are delighted that you are considering us for your anniversary and travel plans.

You can find us in the heart of Istanbul - Sisli district, close to leisure attractions such as Nisantasi where you can find various shopping and dining options. The Bosphorus is only a 5 minute journey via the tunnel, while Ataturk International Airport is a 30-minute drive away. Please note that you can take a taxi which will be approximately 20 minutes drive to the Old City. You can also try the metro, interconnected with light train, which will take you to Old City within 30 minutes.

Should you require further details, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated team members on [email protected]. Looking forward to welcoming you.

Kindest Regards,
HILTON ISTANBUL BOMONTI HOTEL & CONFERENCE CENTER
t: +90 212 375 3000 I f: +90 212 375 3001
Silahsor Caddesi No:42 I Istanbul SISLI 34381 I Turkey
hilton.com I istanbulbomonti.hilton.com I facebook.com/hiltonistanbulbomonti I twitter.com/hiltonbomonti
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:20 am

Thank you for all the information HiltonIstanbulBomonti. Do you know the scheduled opening date for the hotel? Also, will this hotel have an executive lounge?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Has anybody stayed at the Hilton Bomonti in the meantime? I'll be staying there over the weekend and was wondering what to expect. There isn't much information to find on this property yet so I'll probably take more detailed pics of everything over the weekend and will provide a trip report on my return.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
Thank you for all the information HiltonIstanbulBomonti. Do you know the scheduled opening date for the hotel? Also, will this hotel have an executive lounge?
The hotel is already open and has an executive lounge.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by moeser
The hotel is already open and has an executive lounge.
Do you have any feedback on this property? How is the location?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel and Conference Center??

With regards to the location - yes it's a fair way away from Sultanahmet (the old town with Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi etc).

However the public transport in Istanbul is very good and very cheap, and runs until late. I found it safe and organised. The flat fare for a single journey is 3 lira.

The Bomonti looks like a terrific hotel. The DT on the European side is right next to Sultanahmet but is therefore far away from Taksim and many other attractions.

Istanbul is a huge place with attractions spread out, so I wouldn't obsess about being by the old town unless it really matters to you.

I visited 3 weeks ago - cracking place, have a good trip.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
Do you have any feedback on this property? How is the location?
The reviews on Trip Advisor are concurring with Paul4040.

I'll be there on beginning of May and looking forward to.

Last edited by moeser; Feb 17, 2014 at 4:51 am
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by paul4040
With regards to the location - yes it's a fair way away from Sultanahmet (the old town with Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi etc).

However the public transport in Istanbul is very good and very cheap, and runs until late. I found it safe and organised. The flat fare for a single journey is 3 lira.

The Bomonti looks like a terrific hotel. The DT on the European side is right next to Sultanahmet but is therefore far away from Taksim and many other attractions.

Istanbul is a huge place with attractions spread out, so I wouldn't obsess about being by the old town unless it really matters to you.

I visited 3 weeks ago - cracking place, have a good trip.
Thanks for the feedback! We've got a good points + cash rate at the Hilton Istanbul so will likely keep that reservation but was curious about this new property.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
How does the Hilton Istanbul Bomonti compare to the Conrad Istanbul for the amenities? We plan to visit Istanbul with our daughter then after days of sightseeing, enjoy the hotel's executive lounge, pool, workout room.
Was looking forward to the Conrad and its Bosphorus views and Executive Lounge, but then I read the tripadvisor reviews on the Bomonti and now wondering if this is a better hotel.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:27 am

Anyone stayed here recently? Looking at the King Bomonti suite - appreciate it isn't near the sights etc but is it still fairly easy/quick to get to Sultanhamet?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Just completed a 5-night stay. Cancelled our reservation at the Conrad since the Bomonti pre-upgraded us to a suite. Very glad we did! Great hotel, with an excellent concierge lounge and superb amenities. An extensive breakfast was offered in the main dining room or a smaller and quieter breakfast in the Executive lounge. The EL was open until 2300 and complimentary alcoholic drinks were offered from 1800-2000 hrs with heavy hors d'oevures and desserts.

Our suite was on the 26th floor with amazing views (floor to ceiling windows). The suite had a separate bedroom and living room. They allowed two free rollaway beds for our kids. Two separate bathrooms (heated floor) added to our comfort. Teenage son enjoyed the gym and daughter enjoyed the indoor pool. The suite, facilities and EL gave us the extra space needed after great days exploring beautiful Istanbul!

Some may consider this to be a bit far from old town but a taxi costs around 20 TL each way and we enjoyed the taxi ride. For your return, be sure to bring a Hilton street map with you (from the concierge) to show the taxi driver so that he knows which Hilton and its proper location.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 4:49 am

Seriously considering this hotel. Couple of questions for anyone who has stayed recently:

1. How long does it take to get to the tourist areas (Old Town) by taxi?
2. Are there any restaurants/shops nearby (as in walking distance)
3. Is public transport (tram?) nearby? Going to be visiting with someone elderly who cannot walk long distances so trying to work out whether it is worth it or if I should stay somewhere closer.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: etihad guest silver/ba bronze
Hilton Istanbul Bomonti Hotel and Conference Center??

Stayed here in jan
Amazing hotel
Exec lounge stunning views and great selection
Spa is to die for make sure and get a tour upstairs and downstairs as there are navy facilities
Gold/diamond take breakfast in restaurant it's very good
Public transport good and very cheap
Very impressed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.