Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Grand Vacations ClubŪ Bonus Offers, Specials and Solicitations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Grand Vacations ClubŪ Bonus Offers, Specials and Solicitations

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
What is your time worth to you? Do you want to go to Vegas or Orlando?
I recently sat through the sales presentation, albeit in Hawaii, but found it to be fairly low pressure but the two hour estimate might be on the optimistic side. Our presentation was closer to 3.5 hours. At least we were just burning time until our departure.
Old May 4, 2008, 11:35 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I've been to several HGVC sales pitches... I think they're quite interesting. It all depends on how you personally feel about those things. I took my Dad to one and it was like the most painful thing for him ever, he couldn't stand it! I think HGVC is one of the more high-pressured (want no pressure at all? DVC!), but if you're fine with just saying "no" then you have nothing to lose but a couple hours. And if the time starts to go over (it has for me too) it's perfectly fine to tell them you have to go after the initial two-hour commitment is filled. I end up asking questions and staying longer just for the hell of it. And you might even like what you hear. I did (twice)! And I have no regrets.
Old May 4, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I didn't use the exact deal as the OP, but something similar at an HGVC in Orlando. Actually, I was able to talk down the price from $199 to only $99 for 3 nights. I also got them to extend the window of opportunity to use it.

The resort was really beautiful and luxurious. No regrets there. The time-share presentation was fairly low pressure and somewhat interesting, despite occasional lapses of logic on their part. Continental breakfast was provided. It did take 4 hours, but you can save time by not asking so many questions.
Old May 4, 2008, 5:30 pm
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Doing NYC June 2nd

Targetted: Hilton Club 57th AVE. 25K HH points + $100 Saks gift card. $339 including tax and two nights at the Hilton on Ave of the Americas.

I think it's worthwhile.
Old May 4, 2008, 7:19 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by ingy
Targetted: Hilton Club 57th AVE. 25K HH points + $100 Saks gift card. $339 including tax and two nights at the Hilton on Ave of the Americas.

I think it's worthwhile.
I'd love to hear about the new Hilton Club 57th in NYC!! Although I should be glad I haven't been invited... don't think I could afford another presentation! LoL
Old May 4, 2008, 8:30 pm

Check the resale value at ebay before you attend presentation. Tell the presenter how much you can purchase the same week for on ebay and your presentation should end quickly. I spent 91 minutes at Starwood presentation.
Old May 5, 2008, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Bring a timer or a toddler and they won't keep you past your scheduled departure.

By way of comparison, we have been offered 2 nights @ HGVC Vegas for $149 or 3 nights for $199. YMMV
Old May 5, 2008, 1:17 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Anyone aware what's the going offer once you're there? We have a two-night stay at the HGVC@LV Hilton this month and wonder if we can get something out of it...

Greetings - Dirk
Old May 5, 2008, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
This really seems like more of a Hilton HHonors forum topic (where it has already been discussed quite a lot), rather than a "hotel deal" per se. (Given that most of the "hotel deals" on this forum are pretty lame, though, maybe it really does qualify as a "deal" after all.... )
Old May 5, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by djohannw
Anyone aware what's the going offer once you're there? We have a two-night stay at the HGVC@LV Hilton this month and wonder if we can get something out of it...

Greetings - Dirk
When you get there they will probably invite you to attend a presentation. Unless you have been invited previously or are going as a result of a sales pitch the standard teaser is usually $50 but you can ask them about sweetening the offer, such as some HH points or spa credit.
Old May 7, 2008, 7:40 pm

i stayed at the hgvc in orlando. amazing resoort. no pressure at all. it is a quality timeshare. (not like many others) if you don't buy it, someone else will.

btw, re: the hilton property in manhattan. i received an invitation in the mail, but the requirement is that you are making $150,000 a year!!!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA
Phone offer from Hilton Grand Vacations club

I just got a phone call from the Hilton Grand Vacations club claiming they have my phone number from Hilton Honors.

I showed some interest in Hawaii and they offered me 4 nights at the Waikola Village for 649 or 6 nights for around 850 (can't remember the exact amount) for around February / March 2009 (the time we plan to go somewhere warm each year away from Colorado ). They claimed I can pick the actual dates when getting closer to 2009.

After I didn't bite they offered additional either 1 week free rental car for the 6 nights or 200 Hilton vacation dollars for the 4 nights. I told them to call me tomorrow since I need to talk to my wife.

I am not interested at all in a timeshare and if I ever would do one I would go resell in any case so I don't really need feedback about the value of owning a timeshares or not.

Now to my questions :

a) is this pretty much a standard deal or are there better to be had ?
b) did anybody here do it and how was their experience ?
c) did you get any hilton privilges when checking in (I am Diamond by September 2008, currently Gold)
d) they want 299$ downpayment, any issues then getting the actual vacation ?
e) any nasty hard sell (not that I care much, I got a 3 year old and he will rip their place apart after 1 hour in any case )
f) can I get hilton points or qualifying nights on this stay ?
g) anything else I should consider

My current idea is that for a 2 hour boring time share presentation and some hard sales tactics I can get a pretty decent vacation deal.

Thanks for your feedback
Old Jun 13, 2008, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Listening to any time share hard sell would give me indigestion.

MisterNice
Old Jun 13, 2008, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by German Expat
My current idea is that for a 2 hour boring time share presentation and some hard sales tactics I can get a pretty decent vacation deal.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I was at the HWV a few weeks ago and overheard some folks in the lounge talking about exactly the same sort of deal. Tolerate a timeshare presentation for two hours and get a good deal on a vacation. IIRC, most timeshare promo offers don't earn points, but for the rates you're being quoted the economics are still very much in you favor. Its probably best to simply ask directly about diamond benefits when they call you back.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
This is a good deal. Hilton's timeshare presentations generally are not hard sell; saying you'll buy only resale should cut the presentation short. Because it's booked through HGVC and not the hotel side, you won't get any honors benefits or points/credits although YMMV. The only problem might be getting the dates you want; but if you can be flexible, go for the bargain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.