FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Grand Vacations ClubŪ Bonus Offers, Specials and Solicitations
Old Jun 12, 2008, 4:32 pm
German Expat

Programs: UA
Phone offer from Hilton Grand Vacations club

I just got a phone call from the Hilton Grand Vacations club claiming they have my phone number from Hilton Honors.

I showed some interest in Hawaii and they offered me 4 nights at the Waikola Village for 649 or 6 nights for around 850 (can't remember the exact amount) for around February / March 2009 (the time we plan to go somewhere warm each year away from Colorado ). They claimed I can pick the actual dates when getting closer to 2009.

After I didn't bite they offered additional either 1 week free rental car for the 6 nights or 200 Hilton vacation dollars for the 4 nights. I told them to call me tomorrow since I need to talk to my wife.

I am not interested at all in a timeshare and if I ever would do one I would go resell in any case so I don't really need feedback about the value of owning a timeshares or not.

Now to my questions :

a) is this pretty much a standard deal or are there better to be had ?
b) did anybody here do it and how was their experience ?
c) did you get any hilton privilges when checking in (I am Diamond by September 2008, currently Gold)
d) they want 299$ downpayment, any issues then getting the actual vacation ?
e) any nasty hard sell (not that I care much, I got a 3 year old and he will rip their place apart after 1 hour in any case )
f) can I get hilton points or qualifying nights on this stay ?
g) anything else I should consider

My current idea is that for a 2 hour boring time share presentation and some hard sales tactics I can get a pretty decent vacation deal.

Thanks for your feedback