Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold (1mm) , Hilton Diamond, Aer Lingus Newbie
Price point : EWR to Millenium by Uber-X (Acura MDX) 12:45PM on Monday 12/05 = $48

Ride time was 30 mins

There was an even cheaper option for around $29 but I'm an Uber newbie so took the option I knew.

I went back to EWR via Path train/NJ transit/Airtrain and that took just over an hour (including a 15 minute delay at Newark Penn station). Lots of stairs though!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by NYScot
Price point : EWR to Millenium by Uber-X (Acura MDX) 12:45PM on Monday 12/05 = $48

Ride time was 30 mins

There was an even cheaper option for around $29 but I'm an Uber newbie so took the option I knew.

I went back to EWR via Path train/NJ transit/Airtrain and that took just over an hour (including a 15 minute delay at Newark Penn station). Lots of stairs though!
I can't imagine $29 from EWR includes the $15 toll at the Holland Tunnel.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
I can't imagine $29 from EWR includes the $15 toll at the Holland Tunnel.
If it was UberPool and that toll was split across several riders then it could have.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by arlflyer
If it was UberPool and that toll was split across several riders then it could have.
agreed....i normally end up taking uber pool from the different ny airports to my hotel in manhattan....i end up paying anywhere between $22-$35....
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:59 pm

Does anyone know when this hotel will be bookable past 7/9/2017?
It's weird that the latest date that's bookable is 7/8 night at this time , which is only 7 months away.

Or is this hotel going to be sold and transitioned to another hotel group after 7/9/2017???
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
There's lot of discussion on transportation so I'll ask too.

I'll be arriving from Doha at 8am. I'll have a large suitcase, a rollaboard and a shoulder bag. From what I can gather from this thread the Airtrain to Howard Beach and then the A train to WTC station seems the best bet. It looks like it will take about 75 minutes. I assume the cost will be about $10. Is that about right?

As for the hotel I can get an AP rate for $99. I see it's a four diamond property and the reviews tend to be quite good. So, a good bet for a one nighter?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by danger
There's lot of discussion on transportation so I'll ask too.

I'll be arriving from Doha at 8am. I'll have a large suitcase, a rollaboard and a shoulder bag. From what I can gather from this thread the Airtrain to Howard Beach and then the A train to WTC station seems the best bet. It looks like it will take about 75 minutes. I assume the cost will be about $10. Is that about right?

As for the hotel I can get an AP rate for $99. I see it's a four diamond property and the reviews tend to be quite good. So, a good bet for a one nighter?
You have two contradicting things here. A good bit of luggage but during a busy time to drive. I would still take the train. As you described and get off at Fulton Street. When you arrive at Howard beach on the Air Train there will be machines to buy metro card. It $5 for the card and then $2.25 or $2.75 for the journey. I forgot as mine Is loaded up already. All the subway stations have elevators so you are OK, in that regard.

$99 is a very good rate for here, so presume this is at the weekend. The hotel is FINE. It is nothing special and whenever I have been service has been pretty poor. The thing it has going for it is good views and if you need to be downtown the location is good. If you are planning on spending most of your time in midtown or uptown I would look at somewhere else unless you don't mind a lot of walking or subway trips.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
You have two contradicting things here. A good bit of luggage but during a busy time to drive. I would still take the train. As you described and get off at Fulton Street. When you arrive at Howard beach on the Air Train there will be machines to buy metro card. It $5 for the card and then $2.25 or $2.75 for the journey. I forgot as mine Is loaded up already. All the subway stations have elevators so you are OK, in that regard.

$99 is a very good rate for here, so presume this is at the weekend. The hotel is FINE. It is nothing special and whenever I have been service has been pretty poor. The thing it has going for it is good views and if you need to be downtown the location is good. If you are planning on spending most of your time in midtown or uptown I would look at somewhere else unless you don't mind a lot of walking or subway trips.
Many thanks for this. I'll have gotten off the long flight in J and I will have arrived in NYC so best to lug the luggage at that end of the journey.

The $99 rate is Wednesday 4 January.

I'll have one night here and do the downtown things then I'm heading to the Andaz 5th for three nights. Strangely, when I look at the journey from the Hilton to Grand Central, it takes me only about 20-odd minutes. But if I check going from GCT to the Hilton it takes me up to Harlem first, then down, for a total of almost an hour.

Anyway, thank you. I'll go the Airtrain to Howard Beach then the A to WTC.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:49 am

Strangely, when I look at the journey from the Hilton to Grand Central, it takes me only about 20-odd minutes. But if I check going from GCT to the Hilton it takes me up to Harlem first, then down, for a total of almost an hour.
It's a glitch in google maps. For some reason there are two entries for "Grand Central Terminal" that come up in Google Maps. If you choose the first one it shows the ridiculous routing that you describe. If you choose the second one, it shows the logical thing, which is taking the 4/5 train down - 15 minutes. All I can think of is that the entries are for two different levels or something and the algorithm doesn't think to have the person go out to the main station, but rather defaults to the Harlem Line.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by arlflyer
It's a glitch in google maps. For some reason there are two entries for "Grand Central Terminal" that come up in Google Maps. If you choose the first one it shows the ridiculous routing that you describe. If you choose the second one, it shows the logical thing, which is taking the 4/5 train down - 15 minutes. All I can think of is that the entries are for two different levels or something and the algorithm doesn't think to have the person go out to the main station, but rather defaults to the Harlem Line.
Wow. Thanks for that. I'll probably take that option then, I think. Take a shuttle into GCT and then the train down. I'm guessing it may take a similar amount of time (roughly an hour) but probably more comfortable and less luggage lugging.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: Independent
So as a follow-up, I took the A train in from JFK. Besides being a very long ride with far too many stops, the Fulton St station is not terribly user friendly. It is a big maze, I was able to find the elevator from the A train level up to a concourse but still ended up having to navigate stairs. And both the Howard Beach and Fulton st stations have turnstiles so you have to navigate those with a roller. Apparently New Yorkers know how to do this as I saw a umber of people with luggage, but for me it was a pain.

I had to leave Saturday, and with the snow I was not up for lots of walking around, so I took a cab to Penn Station. Lyft and Uber were both at %75 or %100 peak pricing, so I did a yellow cab. Cost me $18.50 (that included tip) so not bad. $7.50 for the LIRR to Jamaica, which was much faster and more comfortable, and $5 for the Air Train. So over all $31, and not having to sit in a cab for the whole journey.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cloudship
So as a follow-up, I took the A train in from JFK. Besides being a very long ride with far too many stops, the Fulton St station is not terribly user friendly. It is a big maze, I was able to find the elevator from the A train level up to a concourse but still ended up having to navigate stairs. And both the Howard Beach and Fulton st stations have turnstiles so you have to navigate those with a roller. Apparently New Yorkers know how to do this as I saw a umber of people with luggage, but for me it was a pain.
I don't like the sound of that.

I will have a large suitcase (in addition to a rollaboard) and plan on alighting at Fulton St (although I am thinking I will take a shuttle from JFK and then the A train to Fulton).

Do you recall how long the journey was from Howard Beach to Fulton?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

I had to leave Saturday, and with the snow I was not up for lots of walking around, so I took a cab to Penn Station. Lyft and Uber were both at %75 or %100 peak pricing, so I did a yellow cab. Cost me $18.50 (that included tip) so not bad. $7.50 for the LIRR to Jamaica, which was much faster and more comfortable, and $5 for the Air Train. So over all $31, and not having to sit in a cab for the whole journey.
Another question...when you got to Fulton, it sounds huge now that it's finished...do you recall what exit to take to be closest to the Hilton?

And how was the hotel BTW?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: Independent
I don't like the sound of that.

I will have a large suitcase (in addition to a rollaboard) and plan on alighting at Fulton St (although I am thinking I will take a shuttle from JFK and then the A train to Fulton).

Do you recall how long the journey was from Howard Beach to Fulton?
I would say at least 45 minutes, maybe a bit longer. There were a number of stations, and we sometimes waited at a station. I would just take the airtrain instead of a shuttle - the airtrain part was quick and easy. Costs $5 on teh way out, but a) you can use a metro card, and b) is still cheaper than a shuttle.

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Another question...when you got to Fulton, it sounds huge now that it's finished...do you recall what exit to take to be closest to the Hilton?

And how was the hotel BTW?
Coming from the A train uptown (that's the one you will arrive on) you take an elevator - I think I only saw one from that platform - up to the concourse level. Look for the colored lights along the wall. Follow that a short distance and it opens up to the main station. The main station is in a kind of mall like place. you have to go down a short flight of stairs, then arund a corner and a nother short flight. Then there are elevators that take you up to ground level - it's a big open area so you can see clearly where you need to go. When you come out onto the street across from you diagonally is a church. Just walk along that street towards One World Trade Center, which you obviously cant miss, and the Millennium is down a block on your left. the hotel is across from the "Occulus", this white funky looking spikey building.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I would say at least 45 minutes, maybe a bit longer. There were a number of stations, and we sometimes waited at a station. I would just take the airtrain instead of a shuttle - the airtrain part was quick and easy. Costs $5 on teh way out, but a) you can use a metro card, and b) is still cheaper than a shuttle.

Coming from the A train uptown (that's the one you will arrive on) you take an elevator - I think I only saw one from that platform - up to the concourse level. Look for the colored lights along the wall. Follow that a short distance and it opens up to the main station. The main station is in a kind of mall like place. you have to go down a short flight of stairs, then arund a corner and a nother short flight. Then there are elevators that take you up to ground level - it's a big open area so you can see clearly where you need to go. When you come out onto the street across from you diagonally is a church. Just walk along that street towards One World Trade Center, which you obviously cant miss, and the Millennium is down a block on your left. the hotel is across from the "Occulus", this white funky looking spikey building.
I thought the occulus was part of the Fulton Station, what do I know?

We aren't actually coming from JFK, but we will be going back and forth to the theater district to see a play once while we are there, and will be taking the A or C trains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.