Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

When does the elite "Complimentary access to fitness centers" matter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Gold and Platinum HHonors members are supposed to receive "Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs." Every hotel I've been in that has a fitness center, allows ALL guests to use the fitness center. In which hotels does the free fitness center benefit matter?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jsunshine301
Gold and Platinum HHonors members are supposed to receive "Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs." Every hotel I've been in that has a fitness center, allows ALL guests to use the fitness center. In which hotels does the free fitness center benefit matter?
There are any number of Hiltons, Conrads, or WAs that charge non-elite guests to use the fitness center. Often these fitness centers/spas are operated by third parties.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
There are any number of Hiltons, Conrads, or WAs that charge non-elite guests to use the fitness center. Often these fitness centers/spas are operated by third parties.
Is there a list somewhere of which hotels this benefit applies to?
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by jsunshine301
Is there a list somewhere of which hotels this benefit applies to?
No.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I know I've stayed in a few Hiltons over the years where they didn't have an onsite fitness center, but would provide a daypass to a nearby club. Presumably Gold/Diamond would get the daypass for free but everyone else would have to pay something for it.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hilton York ( UK) has access to a health club about a five min walk from the hotel......5 for hotel guests , free for golds and diamonds.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:54 pm

A lot of big-city hotels have health clubs that function in a standalone capacity. In the U.S., the Palmer House, the WA Chicago, and the Capital Hilton come immediately to mind. As an example, the latter says on its website:

MINT Health Club is complimentary for silver, gold and diamond HHonors members, and $15 per day for hotel guests.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Fee often applies at resorts also. IIRC, the old Hilton Las Vegas used to have a fee for health club/spa but waive for elites
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by arlflyer
the Palmer House
This is also, IMHO, one of the best hotel gyms/spas I've ever been to with a solid equipment selection, dedicated pool, and excellent steam rooms in each gender-specific locker room.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
This is also, IMHO, one of the best hotel gyms/spas I've ever been to with a solid equipment selection, dedicated pool, and excellent steam rooms in each gender-specific locker room.
Yeah, it's up there for sure, especially in the U.S. I think my overall favorite within Hilton properties is the Conrad BKK, but I put more weight (pun intended) on the gym equipment than on spa facilities, so I might be biased.
Dad to Rei likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Just sticking with Chicago, the Waldorf and the O'Hare Hilton also charge regular guests for use of the fitness center. The WA spa facilities are quite good, the fitness facilities have a pool several cardio machines, classes, and limited weights. The O'Hare Hilton has a pool and an extensive workout area with free weights but limited locker room facilities.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
The Hilton Waikoloa Village, on the Big Island of Hawaii, also charges for the use of their fitness/cardio facilities.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When did Hilton remove this from the Ts and Cs?

I thought I could depend on this for an upcoming stay but the benefit seems to be gone.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hilton agas bowl charges 10 for guests to use the spa facilities.
However it's free for diamond mambers .
pretzlaff likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC, Hilton Hhonors Diamond
20 at Ageas for non members two weeks ago!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.