Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Posts older than 2015 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 24, 2017 at 3:44 am
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: HH D
Netherlands
Hilton The Hague+
Hilton Garden Inn Leiden+

The Hague: you must be able to endure the rhytm of cars-nocars-cars-nocars-cars-etc going on 24/7, or ask for an inside room with a garden view (never had one of those).
Leiden: freeway location, but it has got a quiet side, area can be pretty windy though.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Netherlands
Hilton The Hague+
Hilton Garden Inn Leiden+

The Hague: you must be able to endure the rhytm of cars-nocars-cars-nocars-cars-etc going on 24/7, or ask for an inside room with a garden view (never had one of those).
Leiden: freeway location, but it has got a quiet side, area can be pretty windy though.
Thank you for the addition to my list.
Yes, noise is the downside of having your windows open.
I have also added Hilton Tel Aviv, Hilton Strassbourg and Hilton Athens to my plus list.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: HH D
An update about Hilton The Hague: the inner rooms are indeed quiet, without the sound of traffic. So if you need to sleep with windows opened, try to get one of those rooms. Still they are a bit of a waste of the floor to ceiling windows - while some of the outside rooms offer a reasonably nice view of The Hague city and nigthlife.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by helosc
Have just been in contact with the reservation office of the two Hilton Mainz hotels, Germany and was informed that the windows in the river property does not open, only the city property has opening windows.
This must be new.
So I have changed it on the list in the first post.
I stayed at the river property back in Nov and my windows opened - river facing room, high floor.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Sisosig
An update about Hilton The Hague: the inner rooms are indeed quiet, without the sound of traffic. So if you need to sleep with windows opened, try to get one of those rooms. Still they are a bit of a waste of the floor to ceiling windows - while some of the outside rooms offer a reasonably nice view of The Hague city and nigthlife.
Thank you for the tip. I mostly ask for quiet room except when I want a special view. It also helps to be on a high floor, I find.

Originally Posted by GrjApp
I stayed at the river property back in Nov and my windows opened - river facing room, high floor.
Thank you. What a shame the Mainz hotels told me otherwise, I would have preferred to stay at the river property when I was there.
I have now put it back on the plus list.
I have also added Hilton Garden Inn Stuttgart Neckarpark to the plus list.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Best Value for Points in Europe

Wonder which Hotels anywhere in Europe offer good value in points or even Cash and Points.

Looking to burn some points before they get devalued again!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:32 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Hi, hoping others will be able to comment on Southern European properties, however, for my part I would suggest:

P + C excellent value for:

Conrad London
Any Scandinavian Hilton

As these are all typically quite expensive on cash rates and brilliant value (most of the time) for P + C.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
London not high on my list but I checked November and no C+P for Conrad and rates ridiculous. Hilton does not appear to have many options in Scandinavia that I can find..
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
Hilton Amsterdam in april when the tulips are blooming is a nice trip. c+p rates. ride out to kukenhofff (sp) gardens for spectacular views. that trip, I flew in to fra and stayed in mainz which is on the rhine river. got a day ticket on the train for like 20 euros and explored the small towns along the rhine. then took a train up to ams. mainz is a neat little town.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:44 pm

Warsaw, with 10,000 per night.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Best Value for Points in Europe

P+C, the Newcastle Doubletree comes in at £23 and 4,000 points a night. Always get upgraded there both as a Gold and Diamond.

IMO it's the best value redemption in the UK at least. I earn and burn points rather than stockpiling them.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Any suggestions for Berlin and Paris? Have a honeymoon coming up where we are hitting Berlin, London and Paris. Got half a mil of points to spend.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: QF, HH
Not sure how these rewards nights have changed with the new devaluations, but a year or two ago these were category two hotels for 10k per night:

Several Hampton Inns in Poland, including Warsaw airport (not far from city actually).

Hilton Sibiu in Romania, Doubletree Bratislavia, Hampton Liverpool airport, Hilton Newport, Hampton Sheffield, Hampton Ordu in Turkey and Hilton Garden Inn Kutahya, again in Turkey.

There should be one or two others, if memory serves me right.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Bosphorus and Conrad Istanbul both are either 30K or 12K + 96 TRY.

Hiton Bosphorus cash rates often are ridiculous even though it is the oldest "luxury" hotel in town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.