Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort {US-SC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort {US-SC}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:49 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Companycar
Just to let you know that the Hilton next door is much worse, so don't try it read the reviews on Trip Advisor. If you don't mind the traffic and busy area the HI on Ocean Blvd isn't to bad, stay in the new tower.
The Royale Palms is by far the best property at Kingston Planation. Huge 2 BR condos, clean, well appointed and great service.

And you can get 2BR condos there between now and April for 35,000 points a night. (usually 50,000). I'm staying there next week for a little mini-vacation/golf trip.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
The Royale Palms is by far the best property at Kingston Planation. Huge 2 BR condos, clean, well appointed and great service.

And you can get 2BR condos there between now and April for 35,000 points a night. (usually 50,000). I'm staying there next week for a little mini-vacation/golf trip.
Yes it's much nicer, but It's part of that Hilton I mentioned as they are attached and I think they still share the same lobby for check etc during the off season. I vow never to stay at that Hilton again so the Royale Palms has me worried as well.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Companycar
Yes it's much nicer, but It's part of that Hilton I mentioned as they are attached and I think they still share the same lobby for check etc during the off season. I vow never to stay at that Hilton again so the Royale Palms has me worried as well.
I've heard bad stuff about the Hilton, but once you get past check-in for Royale Palms, it's an entirely different world over there.

So I really could care less if I have to spend a few minutes with the Hilton check in desk. Once I have my condo keys, I'm going to enjoy my stay at Royale Palms.

Check the Trip Advisor reviews for Royale Palms vs the Hilton.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jwhite4304
Very disappointed with hotel this trip. Numerous problems with suite and no response, from staff, until I contacted GM. Cockroach in kitchen area, sofa. Toilet that keeps on flushing and flushing. Sofa bed had dirty sheets and took over an hour for a new set to be delivered due to "shift" change! And no one said sorry!

We are comped for one night but still can't believe this property has fallen so far since July visit..
Just heard from the Hilton Honors group and they are comping the award nights by replacing the points as well. Well done Hilton!

Jimbo
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by jwhite4304
Just heard from the Hilton Honors group and they are comping the award nights by replacing the points as well. Well done Hilton!

Jimbo
- Any recent stays?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Anyone been here lately? Has it been renovated or is it in the same state as already described in the thread?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA Platinum
Bump

Just booked a 2br condo at the Kingston Plantation. Any luck on Diamond upgrades for ocean view? Also, site said breakfast was not included, but being adjacent to the ES I would think they offer that. Anyone have insights as I searched a bunch of threads, but most were dated.
Thanks
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by JimJ321
Just booked a 2br condo at the Kingston Plantation. Any luck on Diamond upgrades for ocean view? Also, site said breakfast was not included, but being adjacent to the ES I would think they offer that. Anyone have insights as I searched a bunch of threads, but most were dated.
Thanks
I have stayed here several times in the last few years-each time in a condo in different areas of this property.

You may get an upgrade if you are booked in an oceanfront building,but if you have booked a lakeview or resort view condo,they seem to honor that location.

Just a word of warning-the condos are privately owned and the quality and condition vary wildly. Some are actually in pretty poor condition and housekeeping is erratic also.

Each time we received breakfast vouchers-despite the notes that breakfast is not included.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.