Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort {US-SC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort {US-SC}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2002, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort {US-SC}

I was thinking of using points for a stay here. It sure looks good on paper, and is categorized as a "premium" hilton property (which is rare for an Embassy). I would really appreciate a report from anyone who has stayed here. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 10, 2002, 8:24 pm

It's a wonderful property! It's definitely the nicest place to stay in Myrtle Beach. They have a great breakfast buffet. My husband and I have stayed there many times - not in the hotel itself but in the condos. The hotel rooms are supposed to be very nice. Hope this helps!
Old Mar 8, 2002, 5:31 pm

Myrtle Beach Embassy Suites Resort

Any reports on this property? I read they have a water park on the property.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by spstx
Any reports on this property? I read they have a water park on the property.
My family of 4 just stayed at this location for the 4th year in a row. We have stayed at the ES and at condos, this year we stayed at the ES again as a reward stay. My 2 daughters (4,7) love this place.

This year they gave me an option to sign up for all sorts of various upgrades for a fee that ranged for $19/night for a larger room to $89/night for an oceanview 2BR condo. We jumped at the chance for the condos. These are based on availability only at the time of check-in. Unfortunately, none of our upgrades were available.

Has anyone had any success?
Old Aug 7, 2009, 8:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Gold
Heading here soon on an Award Stay as HH Gold. I'll be travelling with family of 5 with 2 Doubles with an oceanview. Any recommendations for staying there would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
Embassy Suites Kingston Plantation Myrtle Beach

Having great time at the ES at Myrtle Beach. Was checking in yesterday, very busy at the HHonors line when the Assistant General Manager, Robert, came over and directed me to another counter. Checked in within 3 minutes, baggage delivered to room within 10 minutes from pulling up. Had two requests and both delivered during breakfast today. Great service, Great staff, beautiful weather.

Jimbo
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Originally Posted by jwhite4304
Having great time at the ES at Myrtle Beach. Was checking in yesterday, very busy at the HHonors line when the Assistant General Manager, Robert, came over and directed me to another counter. Checked in within 3 minutes, baggage delivered to room within 10 minutes from pulling up. Had two requests and both delivered during breakfast today. Great service, Great staff, beautiful weather.

Jimbo
I think I'll stay there in Sept for a trade show at Kingston. Did the Royal Palm last time.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
That looks like a nice place, and it looks like a lot of fun for kids since they have those splash pools and the water park.

Let us know what you think of that area. Even if you're traveling alone, let us know how it looks.

thanks
Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
That looks like a nice place, and it looks like a lot of fun for kids since they have those splash pools and the water park.

Let us know what you think of that area. Even if you're traveling alone, let us know how it looks.

thanks
The fact that you have access to the water park and ALL the hotel pools on the property is a HUGE plus. You can't go wrong with Kingston Plantation. So many options, plus beach, plus golf, plus Omaha Steakhouse all inside the boundaries of the property.

I'm curious though, and this question is for the OP - did they offer you an upgrade (paid or otherwise) to move over to the Royal Palms?

I'm going on a golf trip to Myrtle in October and they're offering Royale Palms for 35,000 points per night. Only thing that irritates me about this is that they absolutely will not allow the use of Q3FN certs for Royale Palms, and I have 12 of them. To use the Q3FN's, I have to stay at Hilton or ES on property.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Ravenboy2001
The fact that you have access to the water park and ALL the hotel pools on the property is a HUGE plus. You can't go wrong with Kingston Plantation. So many options, plus beach, plus golf, plus Omaha Steakhouse all inside the boundaries of the property.

I'm curious though, and this question is for the OP - did they offer you an upgrade (paid or otherwise) to move over to the Royal Palms?

I'm going on a golf trip to Myrtle in October and they're offering Royale Palms for 35,000 points per night. Only thing that irritates me about this is that they absolutely will not allow the use of Q3FN certs for Royale Palms, and I have 12 of them. To use the Q3FN's, I have to stay at Hilton or ES on property.
No mention of the Royal Palms on this trip - hotels (Hilton and ES) are fully booked. Still a great deal as the facilities are outstanding - Water park, gym, bars, breakfast (of course) and the Beach!
Jimbo
Old Jul 7, 2010, 6:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jwhite4304
Was checking in yesterday, very busy at the HHonors line when the Assistant General Manager, Robert, came over and directed me to another counter. Checked in within 3 minutes ....

Jimbo
You were pulled out of a busy line to check-in quicker, or did you switch counters when it was your turn to check-in? If the former, how/why were you identified to be pulled out of the line?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by fligster
You were pulled out of a busy line to check-in quicker, or did you switch counters when it was your turn to check-in? If the former, how/why were you identified to be pulled out of the line?
Pulled out of line by the Assistant General Manager as I was standing in a line for HHonors members.

Jimbo
Old Oct 10, 2010, 7:37 am

Very disappointed with hotel this trip. Numerous problems with suite and no response, from staff, until I contacted GM. Cockroach in kitchen area, sofa. Toilet that keeps on flushing and flushing. Sofa bed had dirty sheets and took over an hour for a new set to be delivered due to "shift" change! And no one said sorry!

We are comped for one night but still can't believe this property has fallen so far since July visit..
Old Oct 10, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Unless the elevator issues are fixed in this hotel, I am not going back. Waiting for the limited number of elevators that were built for condo-speed/limited number of guests (the building was originally built to be condos but then converted to hotel), not hotel speed, was a bad experience at this hotel.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Just to let you know that the Hilton next door is much worse, so don't try it read the reviews on Trip Advisor. If you don't mind the traffic and busy area the HI on Ocean Blvd isn't to bad, stay in the new tower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.