Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jumpdogjump
Standard room availability shows up when you try to book 6 nights.

Need to add following

Gold benefits- Cont'l Breakfast for Elite member and 1 other in same room, buy up to full breakfast for 220 pesos/pp

Diamond benefits- Cont'l Breakfast for Elite member and 1 other in same room, buy up to full breakfast for 220 pesos/pp.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2002, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Gold; Starwood Gold; UAL Premier; Delta Silver
Humaniod and all,

I don't think you have to worry about the "Holiday Inn" thing. Hilton is VERY committed to the property or they wouldn't drop two top level VP's there for a one week tour of duty!

As for the tier 3 status, my guess is that you're correct. There trying to build a loyalty amongst guys like us! Once they do, look for a $250/nite average.

I rented a car from Alamo. No problem getting out and returning. Easy, easy. They did try the "we don't have the car you reserved but we have the next class up" stuff. They suggested I upgrade at a cost or they'd trade me out the next day for the car I reserved. I told them to come and swap cars because I wasn't paying more. They never showed up. I didn't and don't buy insurance. I did spend a great deal of time getting the attendant to mark the heck out of the condition report to cover my posterior. No problems at return.

You need to know that this hotel is very lavish. It's surely a must do. Hilton will work out the bugs. Please believe me, they're definately showing that they're in charge now!

Just go.....and enjoy! I hope to see your review upon everyones return.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Gold; Starwood Gold; UAL Premier; Delta Silver
Humaniod,

Shoot! Forgot to address the golf thing.

The greens fees at most are around $175.00 to $200.00.

Want a deal? Go to the timeshare sales office and ask for Lisa Light. Tell her you want free golf as a gift. She'll take you to the timeshare breakfast (about 200 yards from the regular resturant). Have breakfast with the rep and tell him you're there for the free golf only and you don't even want to see a unit. He'll say "ok" and you're out of there with the golf in the same amount of time it takes to eat breakfast. They're "no pressure' there.

[This message has been edited by TAVGlobal (edited 12-08-2002).]
Old Dec 9, 2002, 7:39 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
TavGlobal,
Thanks for all the information.

I wonder what would happen if Hilton pulls the plug on a hotel that you are using points for a stay?

[This message has been edited by Humaniod (edited 12-09-2002).]
Old Dec 26, 2002, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Snorkeling at Cabo

I've searched, so those that scurry to instruct "SEARCH!", can relax and back your hands away from the keyboard. Now, take a deep breath.

How is the snorkeling at the Hilton resort in Cabo? Looks like there are some rock cropings bordering the beach that might house some fish. True?

Also, any recent stays, do you like this resort?

Thanks!

------------------
"You continue to persist with the silliness"
Old Dec 28, 2002, 5:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Mrs. Frugal and I did not snorkel, but the property is TOP NOTCH!
Old Dec 30, 2002, 6:35 am

Has not stayed at the Hilton. However, I do know that many of the beaches in the Los Cabos area can be very dangerous with strong currents etc. The pacific beaches are known for regular drownings.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
This property actually sits along the Sea of Cortez. If you go about 15 miles south, you hit the point of Baja where the Pacific and the Sea of Cortez meet.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold, US Dividend Miles Silver
Mrs Anvil & I stayed in Los Cabos in '95 on our honeymoon...but hilton wasn't there yet. We were at Presidente Forum, decent all inc hotel beside the freshwater estuary/bird sanctuary....the hotel staff warned us to notify them if we went swimming so they could call PVR and let them know we were coming their way...

...actually did swim off the beach, which is quite steep and has a wicked undertow...very wicked. The week before we arrived there had been an earthquake inthe philipines and we had massive waves early in the week as a result.

Excellent and safe snorkelling at Santa Maria bay between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo...lots of boats anchor there and lots of people snorkeling.

You'll love cabo.

Cheers,
The Anvil.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 7:45 pm

Snorkeling in Los Cabo's is WONDERFUL!!! We are in Cabo every year for 2 weeks. I have not snorkled at the Hilton, but just down the road at Santa Maria Beach and at Chilano Bay the snorkeling is great! Both places you can rent equipment. If you are not renting a car, a taxi will get you there. Make sure you arrange a time for them to pick you back up as there are no taxi stands, etc... in the area. Be sure to take crushed crackers in a zipper baggie with you. If you are going in Oct. you may see a wonderful "show" put on by the Devil Rays, have seen many wonderful displays lasting as long as 10 minutes.
Have fun and be safe.

------------------
nw elite wannabe, HHonors Gold
Old Jan 19, 2003, 12:48 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
This is actually a bump!

Anyone been there recently on an award trip? I was wondering how they treated Diamonds.

Thanks for any new information.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 8:26 pm

Was there in November as a Diamond. Upgraded to junior suite and received an afternoon amenity tray or basket most days (fruit, chocolates, etc.), delivered to the room. Complimentary continental breakfast (upgrade to full breakfast is a few bucks more).
Old Jan 20, 2003, 10:22 pm

Location: Port Angeles, WA, USA Unwanted by AS, Hilton-Diamond, Starwood Platnum
Was in Cabo in November. The hotel has opened in the past year or so. It wasn't there the year before. It is half way between Cabo San Jose and Cabo San Lucas. You will definitely want to rent a car if you are going to be there for any time at all it's not walking distance to anything. The best deal we found was at Dollar. Rent before you go down as they really stick you if you rent when you get there. Also save all your pesos from change. You will want them when you buy gas. Everyone treats a dollar the same as 10 pesos except the guys in the gas station they seem to want to treat it like 7 pesos. They are basically ripping off the tourist. We found the prices in Cabo San Jose to be a little better not so much of a tourist town so you may want to make a trip up there at least once. If you rent a car we found a day trip to the Pacific side of the Baja went to Totos Santos very interesting. I'd say about an hour and a half drive from the Hilton. Don't miss the glass factory very interesting. Go in the morning if you want to see the guys working.

------------------
"A day without Points is like a day without SUNSHINE"
Old Jan 21, 2003, 7:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Punki:
Bumping this up to see if there is any current information.
I just sent my parents for 6 nights on a VIP award.
Lounge? NO
Breakfast? Yes, and its wonderful.
Upgrades?yes, and done graciously for a mere Gold.
Special Diamond treatment? I suspect that they will fall over themselves in their royal treatment of you and Hunki. GO GO GO

My highest recomendation!

Thanks for any input you might offer.
</font>
Old Feb 2, 2003, 11:19 pm

Programs: lots
flying to cabo... looked at flights and they were outrageous... is there anywhere else i can fly to within a few hours drive?
Old Feb 3, 2003, 1:13 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pitsheel:
flying to cabo... looked at flights and they were outrageous... is there anywhere else i can fly to within a few hours drive?</font>
The next closest airport of any size is La Paz, and it is even more remote and expensive to get to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.