Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort {MEX}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jumpdogjump
Standard room availability shows up when you try to book 6 nights.

Need to add following

Gold benefits- Cont'l Breakfast for Elite member and 1 other in same room, buy up to full breakfast for 220 pesos/pp

Diamond benefits- Cont'l Breakfast for Elite member and 1 other in same room, buy up to full breakfast for 220 pesos/pp.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Just returned from a 6 day stay over Easter break. I booked two rooms on points + free nights (280k each + free night) as a Diamond for 4 adults and my two kids (6 and 11). Cash rates was about $4400 for each room at the time of booking. One of the rooms was upgraded one category at check in. Was offered cash upgrade to Altamar for both rooms at $128/night per room. I opted for the full breakfast at an additional $12 each for the 4 adults plus a $6 service fee per room. My kids ate free even though I thought they were suppose to be charge half the cost of an adult's full price. The breakfast was excellent as well as the service. We had dinner twice at Vela and once at Lena. Both were excellent. I will say we did go out to eat a couple of nights in San Jose and we felt the food at the hotel was a lot better in taste and quality. Yes the food at the hotel restaurants was more expensive but reasonable considering we didn't have to travel to town and we were dining next to the ocean (taxi cost into San Jose was around $60 round trip).

As a side note, I did sign up for a tour of their Vacation Club Suites attached to the hotel. I didn't buy anything but I they get 100k points for agreeing to participate in the tour. Unlike the unscrupulous sales tactics used by many of the time share hotels in the area (snatching you from airport and then getting bullied into buying something you don't need), there was little to no pressure to buy. And we finished in under two hours since we didn't have to leave the hotel. Points posted the following day.

Definitely recommended.
kirkwoodj and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Is this hotel located far from town and the airport? Given what someone said about taxi cost into town, I'm thinking I'm better off having all my meals at the hotel.

Is the Wiki accurate? I can only get standard award pricing with a minimum of six nights? Is this allowed by Hilton?

Is this hotel relatively close to the WA? I'm thinking of staying here one night and then heading over to the Waldorf Astoria for another two nights.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 10:00 am

Which town? The town most people think of is Cabo San Lucas but the Hilton and the airport are closer to the town of San Jose Del Cabo.
The Hilton is located on in the tourist corridor (hotel zone basically) stretch of road by the sea connecting Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo.
It is a 12 min drive from San Jose Del Cabo and a 25 minute drive from Cabo San Lucas.
The airport is north of San Jose Del Cabo and a 30 min drive from the Hilton

The Waldorf is right at the bottom tip in the downtown area of Cabo San Lucas, near the marina and the famous Arch.
You can walk to things from the Waldorf you cannot from the Hilton.
The airport will further way from this property ; about 45 min drive away

The 2 hotels are about 30 min apart by car.
Worth noting, you can swim in the ocean water at the Hilton but not at the Waldorf as the Waldorf sits on the Pacific side of the tip with very dangerous rip current right at the beach.

As far as availability, I don't think there are any rules. I see some one night available at 80,000 pt's next month for the Hilton which I assume is the base rate so would say not accurate but that likely greatly improves your odds or may be the only way to book far out.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I”m here right now staying as a HGV member. Beautiful property. We were offered all inclusive for $170 a day per person. Minimum 3 days. We declined because we have a car and have plenty of favorites in the area for dining. It is expensive here, so if you like to drink and stay on property, the AI isn’t a bad deal.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
So is the Altamar level replacing the old "Club" level? The website says the Altamar rooms have transport from the airport, breakfast, a happy hour and a couple of other amenities included.

Is the all inclusive for around $170 per person, per day, totally separate for the Altamar concept, or part of it?
Old Sep 12, 2023, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Can anybody compare the Hotel to the La Pacific HGV property next door? Which would you choose and why?

Also can you hire a boat from Medano Beach (Cabo) back to the hotel or vice versa? This is something we like to do from the Villa timeshares, but of course they are walking distance from Medano.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Can anybody compare the Hotel to the La Pacific HGV property next door? Which would you choose and why?

Also can you hire a boat from Medano Beach (Cabo) back to the hotel or vice versa? This is something we like to do from the Villa timeshares, but of course they are walking distance from Medano.

They are basically the same thing (the hotel and the HGV property) ; connected and can use either pools.
Benefit to the hotel is you would get free breakfast if you are Gold or Diamond ; so that right there is reason enough to choose the hotel if giving the choice.

Highly doubt there is any such boat option. Not sure how they would dock/land at the hotel property and is a long way. There are no boats originating at the Hilton property that I recall.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: United MM, Alaska MVP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Boraxo

La Pacifica units have either mini kitchens or full kitchens depending on what you book. It is all on the same property. La Pacifica guests get offered an all inclusive rate. Not sure if hotel guests do.

You might be able to pay a water taxi to take you that far. There is a small breakwater and beach in front of the Hilton. You'd have to get out off the bow in the water as there is no dock. I have never seen a boat up there and highly doubt they would do it but $$$ talks.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Good hotel for family with teens? Beach swimmable, at least at times? Looking into this one for a Feb get away. Waldorf would be top notch but beach there no go.

Last edited by Hawkeyefan; Dec 13, 2023 at 10:11 am
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Bump, giving Cabo and this one a try for 5 nights mid Feb. Any recent stays. Diamond perks/upgrades?
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:14 pm

The hotel property is very nice. Excellent beach (sand area) with things to do so I think the teens will enjoy themselves.
There are horse rides on the beach and water sports available for rent (believe both are not part of the Hilton but are on the beach).
The beach swimmable but not a great swimming / playing in the water beach if that makes sense. Water should be warm enough for swimming mid Feb, I recall a very late wave break and gets deep fast which is why I say not a great beach for playing or swimming in the water.
Much calmer and safer than the Waldorf area of course though where the water is basically a no go and sneaker waves can make even walking on the water's edge dangerous.

Unlike the Waldorf where you can walk to a town at the Hilton you have the hotel property and nearby other resort properties that you could walk to along the beach but nothing else. The road is basically a highway that the property sits on.
Is best if you have a car I think and then you can drive into Cabo San Lucas or the closer town of San Jose Del Cabo or take frequent taxis. Both of those downtowns the teens would enjoy and have plenty of dining options in each. You can book water activities in Cabo San Lucas very easily for whale watches, water taxis to the rocks, etc... but those won't be available from the hotel itself so will need to go to town or book through a company that offers hotel pickup and dropoff.

Is a large property with multiple pools and resting areas so everyone can definitely find their own place to hang out which may have appeal to your group.
The main pool has a swim up bar (kid friendly) which serves surprisingly good food (multiple cuisine types)
Pools from what I recall are open 24 hours and heated all night ; something teenagers may be very pleased with.

As a diamond I would not expect huge upgrades but likely to get a nice oceanview room. Rooms have balconies. Most overlook the vast pool complex and then to the ocean so not quite the dramatic ocean view you can get with the Waldorf.
EXCELLENT breakfast ; I recall a small upcharge exists for the full buffet as diamond but they don't always charge for it on the bill ; seems to be somewhat waiter's discretion so you will likely pay something extra but likely not as much as you should over a multiple day stay..

The Italian restaurant at the pool was great ; if a little pricey but recommend it if looking for a change of pace from Mexican food one night. They often have a themed buffet nightly in the main breakfast restaurant but ideally you can enjoy some better Mexican dinners by leaving the property to one of the downtown areas I mentioned.

We did an "Outdoor adventure day" one of the days we stayed and had a great time (mostly ziplines but a few other things in a Canyon above the town of San Jose Del Cabo ; I think teenagers would love that and the company picked us up and dropped us off at the Hilton so not rental car or taxi required.
Link below if interested:
https://www.cabo-adventures.com/en/t...ontent=Website

There is another company that does a similar zipline tour tour in a location near Cabo San Lucas but is more of a park ; the above is really a natural, remote feeling canyon and beautiful scenery not an amusement park feel at all.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
So is the Altamar level replacing the old "Club" level? The website says the Altamar rooms have transport from the airport, breakfast, a happy hour and a couple of other amenities included.

Is the all inclusive for around $170 per person, per day, totally separate for the Altamar concept, or part of it?
Did you end up going to this property? If so, did you try Altamar?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 6:54 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy1987
Did you end up going to this property? If so, did you try Altamar?
We were there 5 years ago, before this change in the operations.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Booked through Amex Travel, refundable rate was $100/nt lower than HH non-ref rate + $200 credit.

The Altamar upgrades are offered at $112/nt for high floor or $460/nt for plunge pool suite. Seems rather high, maybe cheaper at checkin? Not sure if I want to be on first floor anyway.

Will update with review in a month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.