Wiki Posts
Search

Q3 / Q4??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Q3 / Q4??

Hi all,

Can someone describe/define Q3 promotions and Q4 promotions? Are they found/posted on the hilton websites in a specific location? How do you redeem? Are they specific to Diamond or Gold or open to everyone?

I am guessing that they are the third quarter and fourth quarter promotions, but am not sure. I looked in the search option, but did not find anything and went through the FAQ sticky, but also did not find anything.

Thanks!!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: HHonor Diamond, AA Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Please see post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...motion-10.html
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jgallag
Can someone describe/define Q3 promotions and Q4 promotions?

I am guessing that they are the third quarter and fourth quarter promotions, but am not sure.
Yes, they are. Hilton HHonors (uniquely among hotel points programs, AFAIK) synchromizes their promos to quarters. The first promo of the year starts in January and runs through March, and is typically referred to as the Q1 promo for that year. The second promo of the year starts in April and runs through June, and is typically referred to as the Q2 promo for that year.

But the nature of the promos can and does change. So there is nothing more to say generally about Q3 or Q4 promos, except that they tend to only be announced officially a couple weeks or so before they start (so the Q3 promo was just announced in the last week or so), but sometimes they get "leaked" a month or more in advance (in the case of this year's Q3 promo, an internal memo to member hotels was "leaked" and gave us heads up on some of the details).

Since the Q3 2011 promo was just announced, it's way too early to be asking about the Q4 promo. Just know that it'll start in October, and be officially announced only shortly before then in September.

But what the nature of each promo is is unpredictable. Last year we had some "stay X, get a free nigh certificate" promos, but none thus far this year, and some think they were tied to the weak travel economy back then and are not likely to be repeated any time soon.

As already mentioned in the post above mine, there's a specific thread for the Q3 2011 (about to start) promo. It strarted out a bit silly (someone asking way too early), and only got useful once that "leaked" memo was posted. (That's why the link above takes you to the middle of the thread rather than the beginning!)
Old Jun 24, 2011, 1:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
DO check the thread referred to - July 1 kicks off a double points promo for the quarter, which can be lucrative (check the terms and conditions, and you must register first).

(To use Advanced Search for these, given Q3 or Q4 may not be accepted by Search (along with very short terms like 777, or very common terms) try using Advanced Search, search thread titles only, show threads, and use quotation marks to enclose the keyword you are searching for -"Q3" will work, as will "777".)

Hi all,

Can someone describe/define Q3 promotions and Q4 promotions? Are they found/posted on the hilton websites in a specific location? How do you redeem? Are they specific to Diamond or Gold or open to everyone?

I am guessing that they are the third quarter and fourth quarter promotions, but am not sure. I looked in the search option, but did not find anything and went through the FAQ sticky, but also did not find anything.

Thanks!!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
It would be great of FT could have an auto-generator, so that on the first of Q1, a post pops up "Q2 promotion-what will it be?", on the first of Q2, a post pops up "Q3 promotion-what will it be?", etc.....
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
One of the frustrating things in re the op's question is that folks so often start speculation threads waaaaaaaay out - and when the promo is finally announced it gets lost in those threads.

Imo
Old Jun 25, 2011, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by travelexpert
It would be great of FT could have an auto-generator, so that on the first of Q1, a post pops up "Q2 promotion-what will it be?", on the first of Q2, a post pops up "Q3 promotion-what will it be?", etc.....

No, it would instead be good if FT has a "no real information" detector and could auto-delete such posts when posted manually, and not accept any Qx promotion thread until there was some solid information.

(That would also help with "Rumor: Airline XX to announce something BIG on <date>" threads. )

It was also be good if FT could automatically delete all posts about "Qx promotion?" in forums other than HiltonHHonors. No other hotel program aligns its public promos to quarters the way HiltonHHonors, but some HHonors-centric FTers don't understand that, and litter other hotel forums with posts asking "Hilton just announced their Qx promo, why hasn't <other hotel program> announced theirs???".

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 27, 2011 at 12:39 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:06 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch

No, it would instead be good if FT has a "no real information" detector and could auto-delete such posts when posted manually, and not accept any Qx promotion thread until there was some solid information.
I am with you on this one--I guess I never fully communicated my sarcasm....
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Travelmi, I will read the search to get more up on things. SdSearch, thanks for the info on when the promotions come online. JDiver, I will try the quotes around my searches. Did not think about it. You all don't have to respond, but what is 777? I assume 777 = Quarter 3 or Q3. So 77 would be Q2?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:06 pm

Thanks everyone! Travelmi, I will read the search to get more up on things. SdSearch, thanks for the info on when the promotions come online. JDiver, I will try the quotes around my searches. Did not think about it. You all don't have to respond, but what is 777? I assume 777 = Quarter 3 or Q3. So 77 would be Q2?
I believe he was referring to "777", as in the Boeing aircraft...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JDiver, I will try the quotes around my searches. Did not think about it. You all don't have to respond, but what is 777? I assume 777 = Quarter 3 or Q3. So 77 would be Q2?
777 has nothing to do with Hilton HHonors. JDiver was just using it as an example of something (in that case, a plane type) that's hard to search for if you don't know the trick of enclosing it in quotes. Ie, he could have used an example like HGI (an HHonors hotel brand) or AAA (a rate type you can use at HGIs) as examples, but he chose to use the (Boeing) 777 plane type as an example.

The trick of putting quotes around it required for all "words" of 3 characters or less. Thus he was just trying to give a three-character example.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
Aww hell why wait till 1st day of Q3 to ask!!!

So does anyone know what the Q4 promo is yet?

(ducking and hiding)
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Hahaha jkburns1!!

Thanks for the clarification everyone. I thought I missed something. Based on your responses, my question seems a bit silly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.