Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This guide has been removed.
Print Wikipost

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:29 am
Original Poster

I've updated the Points & Money section to indicate that Hilton is still using the original P&M award chart (reproduced above) that was abruptly removed from their website back on 10/3/11.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:02 pm

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
beltway great thread and thanks for putting it together. Early posts of this thread refer to post #14 for more info and that information has since been moved to post# 19. If possible correcting those references will remove slight confusion for a new reader. Hilton is currently offering a 30% points back promo on weekend award booking and it might be better to use that in some cases than the AXON/GLON or even better if they are stackable (I do not know about it). A mere reference to certain promos in the first post might help as well.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ikonos
beltway great thread and thanks for putting it together. Early posts of this thread refer to post #14 for more info and that information has since been moved to post# 19. If possible correcting those references will remove slight confusion for a new reader.
Thanks. I'm aware of that -- evidently some housekeeping led to a bunch of posts from another thread being inserted & interrupting the sequence -- and have asked the mods to fix the problem.

EDIT: Mods have now set things right.

Last edited by beltway; Jan 2, 2012 at 8:22 am
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:11 am
Original Poster

I've modified the Point Stretcher entry to reflect a) the current absence of any PS offerings and, b) more importantly, one FT member's report of being told by the Diamond Desk that Point Stretchers have been permanently discontinued. It's a bit premature to treat this as definitive, but it's nevertheless worrisome.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beltway
I've modified the Point Stretcher entry to reflect a) the current absence of any PS offerings and, b) more importantly, one FT member's report of being told by the Diamond Desk that Point Stretchers have been permanently discontinued. It's a bit premature to treat this as definitive, but it's nevertheless worrisome.
OMG, 100% agree. If they combine this with their (1) prem room scam and (2) removal of DSA, there's not much left to look forward to.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
With the recent launch of Points & Money Rewards the Point Stretcher rewards have been discontinued. Our new Points & Money Rewards option lets you get away faster than ever using fewer HHonors points.
baaaaahahahah!!

I'm starting to switch some stays to Marriott (mostly precipitated by the discontinuation of WN as a HH partner)...guess we'll see how it goes.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:21 am
Original Poster

We now have several separate reports (here, here, and here). Also telling is Hilton's deletion of the reference to Point Stretchers in the Hotel Rewards FAQ. This seems pretty definitive, and I have now updated post #5 to indicate that Point Stretchers are permanently discontinued.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:55 pm

Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Great summary thread. How do the free night certificates fit into the grand scheme of things? (Sorry if I missed it in one of the posts)
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
and now I finally begin to understand HHonors points
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
If I want to stay at the Conrad in Tokyo from March 24 to April 1. What is the least it would cost me in points? I am a gold member.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
If I want to stay at the Conrad in Tokyo from March 24 to April 1. What is the least it would cost me in points? I am a gold member.
I see a gold rate of 37,500 points per night for a King Room city.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
Simple: look up the hotel's category (here, cat 7) and consult the consolidated redemption chart in post #14.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
So it looks like AXON x 2 is 10k fewer points in that scenario, but as I was looking at 8 nights rather than 4+4, it didn't show it as an option when I looked online.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deirdre
So it looks like AXON x 2 is 10k fewer points in that scenario, but as I was looking at 8 nights rather than 4+4, it didn't show it as an option when I looked online.
AXON won't show at all online; you just have to know about it, and (obviously) hold the Hilton Amex in order to redeem for it.

For the basics of AXON rewards, see post #4 above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.