Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This guide has been removed.
Print Wikipost

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2023, 1:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I'm wanting to swap a single award night from free night award to points (Waldorf Amsterdam). Mostly because I think the rest of the nights I need at the WA Amsterdam won't open up and I want to use the FNA where I'm sure I'll use it

There aren't any standard rooms left. If I cancel the FNA, is it likely to go back into inventory? (The answer is only maybe in other chains that I'm more expert in).
Old Aug 22, 2023, 10:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond
apologies if this has been answered already, but the Hilton rep wasn't giving a clear answer: if I have 4 nights booked with points, do I have to book the fifth night with points again to get the fifth night free or do I book it with cash and it'll be automatically deducted after the transaction?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by secretflyer
apologies if this has been answered already, but the Hilton rep wasn't giving a clear answer: if I have 4 nights booked with points, do I have to book the fifth night with points again to get the fifth night free or do I book it with cash and it'll be automatically deducted after the transaction?

Hi,

I think you need to book the 5 nights with points in one transaction and you will only be charged for 4 nights of points

Regards

TBS
SPN Lifer, beachmouse and Uchida like this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I think you need to book the 5 nights with points in one transaction and you will only be charged for 4 nights of points

Regards

TBS
thank you. To confirm, I can't book each night separately to receive the 5th night free?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by secretflyer
thank you. To confirm, I can't book each night separately to receive the 5th night free?

Hi,

I'm not sure if booking separately will work. Sorry

Others may know more

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 22, 2023, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

deleted
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 11:51 am
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
If I'm looking to book a 4 night award stay with 3x FNC and 1x Points, I need to look at the availability for 4 consecutive 1 night stays or can the CSRs make it work when there is availability for 4 night standard rate stay but not 4 single nights in a row?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:39 pm

I have never been able to get them to treat multiple FNCs as a single stay. A considerable drawback if a hotel has a minimum length stay.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 3:24 pm

Location: Primary: “Its largest airport was named for a World War II hero; its second largest, for a World War II battle.”, Secondary: 88NV via RNO
Programs: Hilton Diamond*, UA ex-2P, Chase
First time trying to use points. Is a 14-day advance notice for cancellation normal for a standard room award?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 3:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by KPChicago
First time trying to use points. Is a 14-day advance notice for cancellation normal for a standard room award?
Most reservations made with points are flexible; can be cancelled and refunded up to one day before the stay.
However, there are few cases that carry different conditions.
Usually due to local events or peak season such as new year's day; those reservations may be semi-flex or non-refundable.
Cancellation policy is visible during the booking.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.