Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York Fashion District {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton New York Fashion District {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: AY+ Platsku, IC Plat. Amb., HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, etc.
Any updates on the Gold breakfast situation? Looking to stay here over New Year.

Does anyone have any idea if the Rare View Rooftop here would be good place for a New Year's party?

Last edited by mebe; Nov 26, 2014 at 12:04 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Just checked in. Acknowledged my Diamond status, but no upgrade. Best rate I could get was $351/night. Ouch. I'm here for a business conference, so I didn't have any cheapter Hilton choices the today and tomorrow night. Room is nice enough. NYC small. Smallest closet I've ever seen. Desk is very worn out, should be replaced. No ice on any floor, no ice bucket. Room service delivers it. I read enough on TA to get a room in the middle so you don't hear the noise from the street or be kept awake by the music from the bar at the top. So I've got 1209, right across from the elevator. Lots of good food within walking distance, good location.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, IC Plat. Amb., HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by mebe
Any updates on the Gold breakfast situation?
Just had my first breakfast here and happy to report that as a Gold member was handed the Hhonors menu.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Stayed there two weekends ago with my wife and kids.

I booked a room for my wife and myself and my name (diamond) and the room for the kids in her name (gold).

They have changed the breakfast program. The vouchers for our room were for breakfast and the two each day for the kid's room said it was good for the breakfast buffet.

They didn't tell the kids they were limited to the buffet though (even if you are limited to the buffet though it has a variety of hot items and is one of the better free domestic buffets out there) and both morning's we were handed a regular menu with prices on it. We were told they no longer had a separate HH menu and as diamonds we could just order gratis off the menu. Eggs Benedict and the forest ham sandwich were on the menu which is what I prefer. I didn't care for the breakfast hamburger but Mrs. Reds likes it and it is removed from the menu.

A gold from my office just stayed there and I asked her about the breakfast and she wanted the buffet both mornings anyway so not sure if they made any changes for gold's or not. Probably a YMMV situation with the server.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by Chicago Wine Geek
Just checked in. Acknowledged my Diamond status, but no upgrade. Best rate I could get was $351/night. Ouch. I'm here for a business conference, so I didn't have any cheapter Hilton choices the today and tomorrow night. Room is nice enough. NYC small. Smallest closet I've ever seen. Desk is very worn out, should be replaced. No ice on any floor, no ice bucket. Room service delivers it. I read enough on TA to get a room in the middle so you don't hear the noise from the street or be kept awake by the music from the bar at the top. So I've got 1209, right across from the elevator. Lots of good food within walking distance, good location.
No real upgrades at this hotel other than a higher floor room or getting a king room instead of a queen. There are no suites and no exec level. In fact I would recommend avoiding the highest level due to noise from the bar.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Diamond MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Like posted above, no more HHonors breakfast menu. As a Diamond, I was only given a voucher for a continental breakfast. Everything on the regular menu or the buffet was available with a $7 upcharge. It sounds like this is different than a few weeks ago when at least the regular menu was included for Diamonds.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ChirurgienJaune
Like posted above, no more HHonors breakfast menu. As a Diamond, I was only given a voucher for a continental breakfast. Everything on the regular menu or the buffet was available with a $7 upcharge. It sounds like this is different than a few weeks ago when at least the regular menu was included for Diamonds.
When I stayed there the end of February diamonds could get the buffet or an item off the menu. I'm sorry to hear that they changed this. The breakfast was one reason I liked staying here.

Hilton needs to change their policy to be like Hyatts and give diamonds a full breakfast if there is no lounge.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I have a stay coming up in late April and am booked here and I may as well stay at the HGI on 28th instead. I'll be a couple blocks closer to Penn Station and times square and will have a better breakfast. The FD Hilton doesn't really have any upgrades other than a higher floor available so not like I would be missing out on an upgraded room at the HGI and the Fashion District gives diamond's the same checkout time of 2 p.m. as gold's (a stay early this year or late last year I questioned why some gold's I was travelling with were given the same checkout time that they were quoting diamonds and he said diamonds received a better benefit of more points LOL).

If the FD is considerably cheaper than the HGI I will still stay here and just walk over to Brooklyn bagel. If prices are similar I'll just start staying at the HGI Chelsea again (that was my go to property before the FD opened a few years ago).
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
When I stayed there the end of February diamonds could get the buffet or an item off the menu. I'm sorry to hear that they changed this. The breakfast was one reason I liked staying here.
Have you considered Hilton Manhattan East? That property offers the full hot buffet to Diamonds (no vouchers required: the hostess has a list of eligible guests). I've had good luck with upgrades, too.

I stayed at both the Fashion District (first visit) and Manhattan East (third) Hiltons this past weekend, and preferred the latter overall.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MS02113
Have you considered Hilton Manhattan East? That property offers the full hot buffet to Diamonds (no vouchers required: the hostess has a list of eligible guests). I've had good luck with upgrades, too.

I stayed at both the Fashion District (first visit) and Manhattan East (third) Hiltons this past weekend, and preferred the latter overall.
I know a couple people that have stayed at the Hilton Manhattan East and have said nothing but good things about it. My only issue is the location. I prefer to be in either the Chelsea area or near times square. The FD Hilton and HGI Chelsea are both great location wise-very easy walk or subway ride to the theater district and easy access to Penn Station to get to EWR.

I checked rates for my April stay and the Hilton Manhattan east is almost $40 a night more than the FD Hilton and the Chelsea HGI is also more.

I think the rates at the FD Hilton are reasonable and perfect location.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: QF SG
Originally Posted by MS02113

What are the rooms like at Manhattan East? Have they been refurbished over the last couple of years? I have a stay at Christmas where both hotels are similarly priced. What sort of upgrades have you received as Diamond from as basic room?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by bacook
What are the rooms like at Manhattan East? Have they been refurbished over the last couple of years? I have a stay at Christmas where both hotels are similarly priced. What sort of upgrades have you received as Diamond from as basic room?

Thanks in advance.
There are no real upgrades available at the Fashion District outside of getting a different bed type or being on a higher floor. They have no suites or exec level (and I would rather not be on the top floor seeing there is a rooftop bar and nightclub). I like the rooms at East better and I have received some Jr. Suite upgrades. Someone in my office received an upgrade to a suite with a balcony but that would be pretty useless at Christmas time with Manhattan's weather

I'm disappointed to hear they cut the gold's breakfast at Fashion District. Hilton Times square is great with upgrades and breakfast but their rates are usually pretty pricey.

Between Fashion District and East, I would go with whatever location is best if prices are similar. If you want to be in the Grand Central/UN area then Manhattan East is your best bet.

If I am going to an event at MSG or using EWR then Fashion District's location can't be beat. If you are taking your wife be aware that Macy's is only a couple blocks away from Fashion District
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by bacook
I believe the rooms were renovated just before the hotel converted to the Hilton flag in early 2010. In my experience, they're holding up well. The photos on Hilton.com offer an accurate depiction, save for the usual "staging" props like flower arrangements and fruit platters. I have always received a multiple category upgrade, including to suites. There are no views to speak of, since the hotel is surrounded by taller buildings, so any upgrade offered will be to a larger, better equipped room.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there last weekend.

This is probably going to be a YMMV situation, but the front desk clerk remembered me from my last stay and when I asked about the breakfast benefit she said she would give me the full breakfast. There a couple boxes they mark on the vouchers now and one said Continental on the right side and one the left side there was a box that said "BR" and another that said "BBP" She stated as a diamond that I know had my choice between a voucher each day for the full breakfast or a voucher for something like $12.50 off at some deli nearby I never heard of that could be used anytime they were open. I had meal plans the entire trip except breakfast and chose the breakfast option.

I think the hot menu choices have gone downhill. They no longer have the option where you can chose sides and the breakfast burger is no longer available. I was thinking of getting the bacon and cheese crossiant yesterday but was told it was just the sandwich and didn't come with any sides. I heard her tell the next table it was something like $8.50 for them to get the buffet.

Seeing they have no real upgrades with no suites, outside of a king room if you book a queen or a higher level floor that is considered an upgrade (providing they aren't full I have never had an issue getting upgraded to a king from a booked queen or a corner room or upper level room) and that they now give diamond's the same extended checkout time of 2 p.m. (used to be 3 or 4), the only real difference between the treatment of a gold or diamond is the better breakfast and I hope they don't eliminate that.

I still like the location and can usually get a decent deal, but if they eliminate the full breakfast for diamond's I'll move the stay over to SPG if I can get a similar rate since I can get a guaranteed 4 p.m. check out there.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
A little feedback from HH Gold for bfast.

Choice is a light continental at on-property restaurant or voucher for deli.

If you are unfamiliar the voucher MORE than covers a huge breakfast at the deli but would have to walk a 1/2 block to 6th Ave to pick it up or eat at the restaurant.
Now with the above stated, if you are unfamiliar with NYC - there are multiple delis on 7th Ave, Whole Foods (offers buffet option) one block away, etc. As breakfast food is so cheap in NYC (bagel at $1 w/butter, egg sandwich at $3, pancakes/french toast w/meat at $4) you must determine :
a. take your points pay the $5 for a full breakfast nearby
b. take the deli voucher and simply walk to 6th ave and you can order quite a selection for carry-out
c. take the deli voucher and use it for a lunch sandwich or other item and use option A.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a three day stay there this past weekend.

Diamond's still get a full breakfast which I appreciate.

They know have premium speed. It's around $15 a day and you are required to select it and then call the front desk and ask for it to be removed. It only took a few seconds each day to call and they immediately removed it but still a pain. The internet was really fast and no problems streaming videos at all.

They are still stingy with a late checkout. Latest they would give me was 1 p.m. That alone is enough to make me book with Hyatt if I have a late flight since I am guaranteed a 4 p.m. checkout with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.