Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York Fashion District {US-NY}

Hilton New York Fashion District {US-NY}

Old Mar 8, 11, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Arrow Hilton New York Fashion District {US-NY}

This is a brand new Hilton hotel in Manhattan. Anyone recently stayed there? How was the diamond treatment? Is there an excutive lounge?
Old Mar 13, 11, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, National EE
I just checked in for my first stay. Very friendly staff. Unlike some of the other new Hilton properties in NYC, there are five elevators, which are very fast (unlike HGI & DT Chelsea for example where there are only two slow elevators). Edit: I noticed when I left there were only three elevators on my floor, so perhaps the other two in the lobby were to get to the rooftop bar? Still, elevators were very speedy.

There is no executive lounge. There is a rooftop bar on the 22nd floor (I haven't ventured up there to check it out). I was given a room on the 20th floor; looking at the room map, it doesn't appear to be necessarily larger, but it is shaped more uniquely and is quite spacious. The decor is all very modern. A very nice Plasma wall mounted and a great channel guide makes searching for something to watch much easier than in most hotels. Bed seems comfortable so far.

The bathroom is also very spacious, especially by NYC standards. Shower is a walk-in with glass doors. Great water pressure, etc. Very good quality towels that actually smell pleasant.

They advertise a free cupcake at check-in for all guests, which in reality is a cupcake bite about the width of your thumbnail (but still tasty). Breakfast voucher given for lobby restaurant, but no details of what it is actually for (will report back later on that).

They have a nice Keurig coffee maker in the room, with a handful of pods to choose from.

Located just east of Seventh & W 26th; access to 1 train is right at 27th & 7th. Or Penn Station is just up 7 blocks or so on 7th, so location is great (especially if you use JFK and utilize LIRR to get into the city).

EDIT: Breakfast...there is an HHonors menu, which includes a fair number of options, and includes juice, coffee, etc. Food was average, but definitely better than what you get at many properties.

Last edited by Phil2016; Mar 18, 11 at 11:31 am Reason: Additional details re: breakfast
Old Mar 14, 11, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Phil2016 View Post
Located just east of Seventh & W 26th; access to 1 train is right at 27th & 7th. Or Penn Station is just up 7 blocks or so on 7th, so location is great (especially if you use JFK and utilize LIRR to get into the city).
Thanks for the review. I didn't know about this hotel and it sounds like it is by the HGI chelsea. I usually stay there or the HGI on 8th if it's a paid stay but hate the elevators at the HGI in chelsea (staff is great though) and the 8th avcenue HGI has been a lot more expensive lately.
Old Mar 22, 11, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
We just booked this hotel for a stay in late May; it sounds very nice. However, I'm not familiar with this part of Manhattan. Are there good restaurants within easy walking distance?

Last edited by Jassy-50; Mar 22, 11 at 12:08 pm Reason: Found the info re LIRR and JFK.
Old Mar 30, 11, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jassy-50 View Post
We just booked this hotel for a stay in late May; it sounds very nice. However, I'm not familiar with this part of Manhattan. Are there good restaurants within easy walking distance?
+1

I, too, am considering staying here as they have excellent rates. But I'm not familiar with the area. Any BMs with info on restaurants, the neighborhood, the hotel? Reviews gratefully received.
Old Mar 30, 11, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jassy-50 View Post
There is a very good BBQ place a block and a half away, Hill Country BBQ.
There is a Whole Foods around the corner.
It's only a few blocks away from the Flat Iron building area, Shake Shack in Madison Sq. Park, also an interesting Mario Batali project, Eataly- what Whole Foods would be like if it were in Italy, to name a few.
Old Apr 5, 11, 9:50 am

Notenut, thanks for the restaurant info. Whole Foods close by sounds great for food in the room.

It would be nice to see other BMs add reviews of this new property. Phil2016's review is great. It's always nice to get a variety of perspectives on the experience at a property.

Who has stayed there?
Old Apr 5, 11, 11:50 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, MR LT Plat Prem, HY Globalist
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post
Who has stayed there?
Just checked out of this property this morning after a one-night stay; I booked a $199 Triple Points rate, which by my calculations should yield about 11,550 points (including the 50% diamond bonus, Surpass points, online booking bonus, 1,000 point promotion, and 1,000 point diamond amenity). I haven't had a single Hilton stay this year, but the thought of earing 11,550 points on a one-night stay was too good to pass up.

I was assigned a room on the 17th floor - didn't have a view of much as I was looking at the building that backs up to the Hilton. However, it was bright and sunny and I found it to be pretty spacious for NYC. The layout of the hotel reminds me of the Doubletree Chelsea - only a few floors on each room with pretty small hallways and elevators. The room felt very fresh and clean and was perfectly comfortable - it didn't really feel like a Hilton because everything in the room was very brightly colored and had unique decorations. The bathroom was on the smaller side but perfectly functional, and the shower was very good with great water pressure and plenty of hot water.

The bed was plenty comfortable and I did not hear any street noise at all. The doors are pretty heavy so a slamming door here and there did startle me, but that was about it - no noise from other rooms, at least not as far as I could hear.

All of the staff was very friendly, from check-in through departure. About 10 minutes after I checked in, a guy showed up with two bottles of water and a greeting card - I thought that was a nice touch. Phil2016 described the other amenities pretty well, so I won't bother to discuss them again.

I selected the 1,000 bonus points as my amenity, so I cannot comment on breakfast. I found the location to be very convenient as it's nearby to Penn Station and plenty else. I would certainly stay here again, especially at the $199 triple points rate!
Old Apr 5, 11, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I'll have a stay there later this month and will probably take the breakfast for the MyWay option. I'll report back.
Old Apr 5, 11, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right now I am booked to stay there in 3 weeks for my 4/29 to 5/1 manhattan trip. I was originally booked at the HGI Chelsea but this property is slightly cheaper. Around 550 reviews on tripadvisor already and mostly all poositive. Only 9 gave it a rating of 1 and one of the reviewers didn't stay there and was mad they enforced the cancel policy because his flight got canclled, another was mad because he was walked because they were full the first night and another one I think was an employee of the indigo, but in all 9 cases the manager responded. Hopefully the breakfast is good, the one thing I don't like about the HGI chelsea is the breakfast isn't that good
Old Apr 5, 11, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm SPG Gold HH Diamond
I just stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Its very much like a W hotel. I had a room with 2 double beds and it was small. Breakfast was pretty good. This gym was ay too small. My usual hotel in NY in the DT on Lex. I prefer that hotel.
Old Apr 5, 11, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No NOR-1

Something I liked about this reservation was there were no NOR-1 options. Is an upgrade at this hotel considered a higher level? I am flying out of EWR Sunday so it will be nice having access to the train at Penn Station. My flight isn't until later in the afternoon so hopefully they will be good about a late checkout since they don't have an Exec. Lounge
Old Apr 5, 11, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
I called the hotel couple of weeks ago when I planed my NYC trip. Spoke with a front desk agent. From what she said, all rooms in this hotel are pretty much the same, no executive lounge, breakfast for Gold and Diamond is served in the restaurant.
Old Apr 5, 11, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wendySFO View Post
I called the hotel couple of weeks ago when I planed my NYC trip. Spoke with a front desk agent. From what she said, all rooms in this hotel are pretty much the same, no executive lounge, breakfast for Gold and Diamond is served in the restaurant.
I noticed their "higher floor" rooms are $20 to $35 a night more depending on room type and rate. I prefer a higher level but not willing to pay for it, so hopefully they upgrade diamonds if there is availablity.

For some reason none of the hiltons in Manhattan, except for the NY Hilton, have exec lounges. That is one reason I usually stay at the HGIs. I don't care for the breakfast at the HGI in Chelsea though and this appears to be in the same area and the rate is a little cheaper.
Old Apr 5, 11, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
I noticed their "higher floor" rooms are $20 to $35 a night more depending on room type and rate. I prefer a higher level but not willing to pay for it, so hopefully they upgrade diamonds if there is availablity.
Forgot to mentioned, since the rooms are pretty much the same, upgrade is "higher floor" per the agent I spoke with.

She also stressed need to have the correct MyWay choice to get breakfast coupons. Not bad for a new Hilton that employees knows the HHonors program :-) I had experience before checkin at newly branded Hilton and front desk person insisted only Silver member get breakfast.

Last edited by wendySFO; Apr 5, 11 at 10:06 pm

Search this Thread