Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Spire, Hertz President Circle
I was looking into this resort as well. I was told however that you could no longer use points to book all inclusive. Points could now only be used for room rate only. I called the Diamond desk so of course YMMV has a huge deviation

If I use points for a room, does anyone know how much the AI surcharge would be?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by tt120
I was looking into this resort as well. I was told however that you could no longer use points to book all inclusive. Points could now only be used for room rate only. I called the Diamond desk so of course YMMV has a huge deviation

If I use points for a room, does anyone know how much the AI surcharge would be?
I was told the same thing today. I too would like to know about adding the IE option.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: American Airlines, US Air,
I also was looking at this property, I called and was told it's $90 a day per person for an adult
Old Jan 5, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mikefaherty
I also was looking at this property, I called and was told it's $90 a day per person for an adult

$180.00 Per day for 2 adults, seems high since the room is already covered by points. We have one child, so this would be $250.00 Per day and 35K points per day. It adds up quick.

What I do not know; is this the type of place that you really only stay at the resort and will not really feel comfortable wandering from or not.

Last edited by Techtravler; Jan 5, 2010 at 2:33 pm
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Have any Diamond or Gold members stayed at the Rose Hall ?

What kind of upgrades.

Do you get preferential treatment ( resturant reservations, free internet, bottled water....etc)

Does anyone know how I can contact the hotel by e-mail.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: Delta - Diamond; HH-Diamond; Marriott- Gold; AA - Member: Priority Club - Platinum
stayed there September 2009 as a HH Diamond. I received an upgrade to ocean view room and a nice bottle of wine with plate of cheese.

The AI option cost $70 per adult.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Gold Stay

Stayed three nights as a gold and got upgraded to an ocean view room. Room was pretty good, though it had an odd closet.

My wife and I enjoyed the stay, though we found very little to do in town... if I went again, I wouldn't bother going into town.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by san888
Thanks,^ you are absolutely correct. In fact This hotel has a steep price tag at 60K points per night and another 20K points per child (OUCH!!). Has anyone stayed here at that price tag.

Also looking at Costa Rica DT resort (less points) can anyone give feedback.

Oh if everything were easy .......... Thanks again for feedback.
I stayed at the Rose Hall in Feb 09 (at that time it was 50k points a night) used 300k for 6 nights. We thought is was great (beach is small but clean and great pool). Wanted to go back this year but Rose Hall isn't particiapting in the all-inclusive anymore. You can still use your points for the rooms. Going to DT in Costa Rica Feb 10... will report back on that after.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by san888
Thanks,^ you are absolutely correct. In fact This hotel has a steep price tag at 60K points per night and another 20K points per child (OUCH!!). Has anyone stayed here at that price tag.

Also looking at Costa Rica DT resort (less points) can anyone give feedback.

Oh if everything were easy .......... Thanks again for feedback.
DT in Costa Rica is great, although their beach is also kinda grubby. The only drawback to the DT is a 2 hour drive from San Jose to get there. The DT is my favorite place in Costa Rica.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:36 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Will be staying there in May for a week. at 150 k points not a bad deal. Doubt that I will do the All inclusive, but rather head into Montego bay or surrounding hotels to eat dinner a la carte.

Any thoughts ?
Old Feb 7, 2010, 5:17 pm

Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa - Anyone ever have upgrades???

Has anyone ever been updated at this hotel.

I was hoping to find out if they take care of HHonors Gold and Diamond members or do you need to bring it to their attention and fight for perks. Since I plan on an all inclusive the only benifit I see is a possible upgrade.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Gold - to ocean-front

Booked the lowest price room, all-inclusive, and upgraded to a nice ocean-front room.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:02 am

had a 4-person stay as a Diamond (all-inclusive), was given a room which just seemed a normal 2 bed room. Not oceanfront. I would not call it an upgrade by any means. We were only there for a weekend.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by traveling_consultant
Stayed three nights as a gold and got upgraded to an ocean view room. Room was pretty good, though it had an odd closet.

My wife and I enjoyed the stay, though we found very little to do in town... if I went again, I wouldn't bother going into town.
Thanks for feedback......An Oceanview upgrade is exactly what I'm looking for
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Stayed there in June or July '09 as an HH Dia. Was only staying for two nights on a short business trip. Used Diamond force for one night and got a reasonable rate for the other. They put me in the same room for both nights. It was a mega upgrade, corner suite ocean view. I had a large king bedroom, plus a living room / dining room with a table that could seat 8-10 people, plus a bar. Other tahn a room many, many years ago in HCM, this was the largest hotel room I have ever had. Ever. Was also comped a bottle of wine and cheese plate.

Breakfast was excellent. Dinner by the sea was very good. Lobby level outside bar was always busy. Good buzz.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.