Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites New York {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites New York {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by hok
Wanted to freshen up the thread.
My family and I will be staying in this hotel this summer for 3 days on points.
I stayed at this hotel recently. Service is about average for an ES, room decor is nicer than average. Room size is typical -- but compared to many hotels in Manhattan that's gargantuan! That alone makes it a good choice for taking the family. On the downside, the location is not great. It's in an office district and is about a 15 minute walk to the subway through construction around Ground Zero. If you're going to be out and about constantly, there are better choices in NYC.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 4:46 pm
hok

Programs: LH SEN, AMEX Cent, HH DIA, SGP gold, Hyatt Plat,
Thank you for your comments and advices.
Hope we can avoid the crowds...
hok
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Anyone who has been can chime in on this one but I've held a 3 nights stay in May on a travelzoo rate, which I gather from searching earns HH points and stay credit, at this hotel at what I think is a rate so good it's hard to go wrong. The special is Thurs. - Sun. stays and at $139.00 + tax per night for an executive king suite seems to more than make up for what others have pointed out to be noteworthy considerations regarding this hotel such as its location away from Midtown. Having breakfast included is another bonus that appealed to me even if it is the standard hotel buffet offerings.

I wish the rate was availale other days of the week as it'll mean me switching hotels while in NYC but it seemed too good of a deal to pass up, especially when I found it wasn't a nonrefundable or fully prepaid rate and could be cancelled up to 24 hours prior to arrival without charge.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by YFLY
We will be at the ES New York for a few days between Christmas and New Years. What should I expect/ask for in the way of upgrades? How's the breakfast/manager's reception. How far to the subway?
When we were there in the fall the Manager's Reception was pretty much an open bar with snacks - we were meeting folks later and had a good buzz by the time we met them :-)

Breakfast was a cattle roundup - tons of people walking through the buffet type line. Had to check in at a table in the hallway to make sure you were supposed to get breakfast - seems like everyone did.

We were on a Priceline stay so we technically we're supposed to get either the reception or breakfast, but when we checked in the desk clerk said he gave it to us as a courtesy.

All in all we were very pleased with our stay.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Now scheduled to be renovated and rebranded as a Conrad in 4Q2011.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....3264&highlight
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Sorry have to ask a few questions about this property, due to 8/14-15 saturday night it seems all other Hilton family hotels are sold out except this one (is something special in that weekend ?), and it is below $200.

(1) There was one person mentioned it has free internet in all rooms, is it still true ? If yes then I would probably switch my MyWay benefit to water and snack.

(2) One person a long time ago mentioned there were no refrigerators in rooms, is it still true ?

(3) Several people mentioned the easiest way to get there is actually by the PATH train, I had looked at the map, the closest subway is actually 1, 2, or 3. Is the PATH train stop closer to stop for 1, 2, or 3 ?

Thanks.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Jul 30, 2010 at 10:26 pm
Old Jul 31, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG

(3) Several people mentioned the easiest way to get there is actually by the PATH train, I had looked at the map, the closest subway is actually 1, 2, or 3. Is the PATH train stop closer to stop for 1, 2, or 3 ?

Thanks.
The PATH train is probably marginally closer, but I think rather than proximity of the station, the key point is where you want to go. PATH from WTC will only take you out to New Jersey. The subway will take you around NYC.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Calcifer
The PATH train is probably marginally closer, but I think rather than proximity of the station, the key point is where you want to go. PATH from WTC will only take you out to New Jersey. The subway will take you around NYC.
Well I am actually coming from the PATH train anyways, just to make sure if it stop close enough, I don't need to transfter to MTA trains to get it closer.

Anyone know the internet situation in this property ?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: ua mileage+, hertz gold, hhonors diamond *wood gold
Any recent diamond stays here?

I just reserved 4 nights at this ES on an AXON reward. I will be traveling with my husband and 12 year old son. We stayed at the Times Square Doubletree previously and I liked it but my husband doesn't like the Times Square location. Wondering how upgrades are here as they have large 800 square foot exec suites and also something called a "creativity" suite. I noticed there was no nor1 option associated with the reservation.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by beachfamily
I just reserved 4 nights at this ES on an AXON reward. I will be traveling with my husband and 12 year old son. We stayed at the Times Square Doubletree previously and I liked it but my husband doesn't like the Times Square location. Wondering how upgrades are here as they have large 800 square foot exec suites and also something called a "creativity" suite. I noticed there was no nor1 option associated with the reservation.
Be aware that after work hours this location is New York's version of Siberia. You may want to re-think staying at this property if this is a family vacation - a 12 year old would likely have a much more enjoyable time at a property closer to midtown.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Be aware that after work hours this location is New York's version of Siberia. You may want to re-think staying at this property if this is a family vacation - a 12 year old would likely have a much more enjoyable time at a property closer to midtown.
There is a movie theater right there at least, and they can walk over to the battery park side of WFC for some life on the boardwalk, but agree it's mostly deserted.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Has anyone heard the timeline? Someone at Millenium Hilton mentioned they think the ES will close in the January timeframe for the refurb, can anyone confirm that?

Also, they mentioned that the hotel was sold by GS back to become a Hilton Property.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
A few notes and images for ES New York

I was at a meeting in Newark (at the EWR Marriott) two weeks ago and had Thursday afternoon/evening open so I went into Lower Manhattan.

(A FYI: To/From NYC Penn Station-EWR: Airtrain/NJ Transit

As noted in previous posts, you can take the AirTrain from any of the EWR terminals to the Newark Liberty Airport Station/Rail Link Station. From there you can purchase a one way or round trip ticket from this station to New York City's Penn Station. This may work easiest for travelers who want the fewest connections while hauling luggage around and needing to get to Midtown Manhattan.)

To/From Lower Manhattan-Newark Penn Station-EWR: Airtrain/NJ Transit/PATH

This was the routing I took using Airtrain to the Newark Airport Station where I purchased a $16 round trip ticket to go one stop on NJ Transit's commuter rail to Newark Penn Station. Getting off that train, I purchased a PATH 2-trip MetroCard ($3.50) and took PATH from Newark Penn Station to the PATH World Trade Center Station in Lower Manhattan.

The PATH WTC Station is immediately north of the WTC site and highlighted below in the middle red square at the intersection of Vesey and W. Broadway:

<01/04/18 edit: can't find the original annotated lower Manhattan map - I'll post something as a replacement>

I wandered around to look at three hotel properties (I guess FlyerTalk is becoming my middle name ) that I was thinking about staying at when my family visits NYC next summer: the Millennium Hilton, Marriott Downtown (in rounded boxes) and Embassy Suites (the red oval).

The longer vertical rounded rectangle below the ES oval highlights a few restaurants with patios that look out over the Hudson that are part of the World Financial Center complex - and which were really packed on that Thursday. I also wandered around the area looking at options for dinner as well as pubs/bars for a drink - many of them were quite busy at that time (7 - 8 PM). It was a fairly decent late summer evening so weather didn't impact any of the outdoor places I wandered into and around.

To get from the PATH WTC Station to the ES currently requires walking up and down stairs and along temporary walkways that cross the West Side Highway due to WTC construction. If you don't want to do the stairs (and since not all of the elevators that are part of this construction detour are working) you may need to go north to Barclay before you head west toward the ES.

I didn't try to get into a room but the atrium of the ES is awesome: The first shot is toward the entrance windows to the West; the second is looking back toward the inside of the hotel and atrium to the East; the third is looking down from the 12th (?) floor walkway visible at the top of the first shot. Photos were taken around 7:30 PM EDT.

One other comment: I forgot how many people use PATH and comprise the the overall Manhattan experience - be ready to walk or be rapidly walked around by many, many people who know where they want to get to.

Should be interesting to see what the Conrad does with this property.

David

Last edited by DELee; Jan 4, 2018 at 4:38 pm Reason: insert photos from broken photo links
Old Nov 29, 2010, 1:11 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Has anyone heard the timeline? Someone at Millenium Hilton mentioned they think the ES will close in the January timeframe for the refurb, can anyone confirm that?

Also, they mentioned that the hotel was sold by GS back to become a Hilton Property.
A note displayed when I did a dummy booking indicated the hotel will close on Jan. 5th and reopen as a Conrad in late 2011.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Goldman Sachs' Hotel Renovations Leave Hundreds Jobless

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.