Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa {CAN}

Anyone know what's going on with Hilton running the Delta Whistler Resort? I've heard from some sources up north that Hilton will take over this property and have renamed it Whistler Village Resort. Would be interested to hear more. I love skiing up there and usually stay at the Westin but have lots of Hilton points that I would put to good use!
Old Aug 26, 2004, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toadman
Anyone know what's going on with Hilton running the Delta Whistler Resort? I've heard from some sources up north that Hilton will take over this property and have renamed it Whistler Village Resort. Would be interested to hear more. I love skiing up there and usually stay at the Westin but have lots of Hilton points that I would put to good use!
Looks like I have answered my own question...

http://www.playground.com/news/press...2004_05_11.asp

http://www.yourotherlife.ca/

Last edited by toadman; Aug 26, 2004 at 2:40 pm Reason: Add link
Old Aug 26, 2004, 1:50 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Hilton Whistler Resort

Spring 2005 opening according to Hilton
Old Aug 26, 2004, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by toadman
I also prefer the Westin.

This is interesting. I've stayed at the Delta a few times, and it would probably be pretty nice it Hilton puts some money into it. Great location. It sounds like they are going to sell all the units individually, similiar to the Westin, Pan Pacific and probably most ot the hotels in Whistler.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by IK in Seattle
It sounds like they are going to sell all the units individually, similiar to the Westin, Pan Pacific and probably most ot the hotels in Whistler.
Good strategy for the developers. There's no risk to them once they flog off the rooms, and the franchisor/operator takes a lucrative management fee. I looked at the projected financials for some place called the Blackcomb Lodge (I think that's what it was) and the financial return once the operator deducts all expenses and fees was less than 1%. mtacchi said there was just one development that could actually carry itself financially.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 5:34 am

This would be most excellent, if its available for points etc. Might be like the Valdoro in Breckenridge though.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IK in Seattle
I also prefer the Westin.

This is interesting. I've stayed at the Delta a few times, and it would probably be pretty nice it Hilton puts some money into it. Great location. It sounds like they are going to sell all the units individually, similiar to the Westin, Pan Pacific and probably most ot the hotels in Whistler.
That's exactly what they did. Sold all 127 units in one day. I believe Hilton is putting a few million in to interior and exterior improvements. I hope that Hilton allows for award stays.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 4:20 pm

I was there last week. The hotel is closed and completely encased in scaffolding. It looks like all the exterior siding had been removed. Obviously they are going to be spending a few $.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 787
I was there last week. The hotel is closed and completely encased in scaffolding. It looks like all the exterior siding had been removed. Obviously they are going to be spending a few $.
I hope it's to rejuvenate the look and not to repair the moisture envelope. Any condo development in B.C. that has that (enclosed in scaffolding) is almost certain to mean it's suffering from moisture problems.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 3:00 pm
Original Member

The resort will open as a Hilton March 2005. It will be so nice to have another place in Whistler that can use points. I hate giving up those wonderful Starwood points to stay at the Westin. They used to have a Sheraton in the new part of the village that was only a category 2 (I believe) but they got rid of that as well.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:51 pm

Programs: NWA - Plat...Hilton - Diamond
crap! march? sigh...i'm trying to go there in feb.
Old May 10, 2005, 11:30 am

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Exclamation Hilton Whistler Resort!

Again, while searching for rooms in BC, this property came up.

It's located at 4050 Whistler Way, Whistler, Canada V0N 1B4, which appeared to be the old Delta Whistler Resort. I stayed there about 10 years ago, and it was OK, albeit a bit far from the lifts, but still in the Village.

Great to have a Hilton in a world class resort!!!
Old May 10, 2005, 11:42 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Yes it is good news. Also see:

Hilton taking over Delta Whistler Resort?
Hilton Worldwide Resorts To Double With Expanded 2005 Portfolio And Planned New Openings

HH's website for Hilton Whistler Resort
Old May 13, 2005, 12:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
I checked this property out earlier this week while I was in Whistler. The web site says that it will open in June but I spoke with a Hilton representative there and it will be late summer at the earliest. The hotel will be a combination of hotel rooms and timeshare rooms.
Old May 13, 2005, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobsyouruncle
I checked this property out earlier this week while I was in Whistler. The web site says that it will open in June but I spoke with a Hilton representative there and it will be late summer at the earliest. The hotel will be a combination of hotel rooms and timeshare rooms.
Thanks for the update. I was wondering why they weren't accepting reservations with only weeks to go.

Seems a lot of hotel owners have been cashing out by selling off bits of the hotels there as ownership share deals. You're lucky to net 1% on these "deals".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.