Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites La Quinta - Hotel & Spa {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites La Quinta - Hotel & Spa {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2006, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow Embassy Suites La Quinta - Hotel & Spa {US-CA}

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/061108/20061108005616.html?.v=1

Press Release Source: Embassy Suites Hotels

Embassy Suites Hotels(R) Debuts New Hotel and Spa in La Quinta, California
Wednesday November 8, 10:32 am ET
146-Suite Hotel and Spa Opens on Ten Acres Near Palm Springs; Upscale Amenities and Services Suited for Business and Leisure Travelers

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Embassy Suites Hotels, an upscale, full-service hotel brand, announced today the debut of the 146-suite Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa - La Quinta.

Located just 21 miles from Palm Springs, the hotel is owned by Village Resorts, LLC and is managed by Hilton Hotels Corporation. In addition to the 146 suites, the resort also features 144 privately owned casitas, which will also be a part of the hotel's inventory.

"We are very pleased to open this hotel as an Embassy Suites and add it to our expanding portfolio on the West Coast," said Jim Holthouser, senior vice president, brand management, Embassy Suites Hotels. "The La Quinta area is a perfect place for an upscale hotel brand such as Embassy Suites, and adding this hotel to our roster takes us closer to our goal of having 300 hotels by 2010."

Nestled on approximately 10 acres, the hotel features amenities suited for both business and leisure travelers. Business travelers and meeting planners will enjoy the more than 11,000 square feet of indoor meeting space, with additional outdoor event venues, as well as other features such as complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access in public spaces.

"This hotel is not only exciting for our company but it truly showcases the beauty of La Quinta and the entire Coachella Valley area," said Fred Parvey, senior vice president, Village Resorts, LLC. "We are delighted to open this high-quality hotel and offer visitors to the area an upscale, lodging option."

Leisure travelers will delight in the hotel's five outdoor pools and whirlpools and the full-service Spa Hibiscus, which features 8 treatment rooms in more than 5,000 square feet of dedicated space. Other outdoor activities nearby include hot air balloon flights, horseback riding, hiking and biking trails, rock climbing and canyon jeep tours.

In addition to two-room suites, the hotel also offers adjoining casitas with separate living areas and fully equipped kitchens. The hotel offers a complimentary full cooked-to-order breakfast each morning and a two-hour Manager's Reception(a) each evening featuring beverages and light snacks. Complimentary high-speed Internet access is available throughout public areas, as well as wired high-speed access in each guest suite.

The newly built Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa - La Quinta hotel is located in the prestigious Village of La Quinta near the Trilogy Golf Club, Indian Wells Tennis Garden, and PGA West. The full-service, upscale, all-suite hotel is just minutes from the Empire Polo Club, Eldorado Polo Club, El Paseo Shopping District and the Riverside County Fairgrounds. The McCallum Theatre, the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and the communities of Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indian Wells and Ranch Mirage are all just a short drive away. The hotel is located 17 miles from the Palm Springs International Airport.

Source: Embassy Suites Hotels
Old May 26, 2010, 8:33 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
I did a search with Quinta in the subject and all I found is this post and this thread:
Embassy Suites La Quinta vs. Palm Springs/ Rancho Mirage Hilton Garden Inn

Is there a master thread for this property that I missed?

If not, perhaps someone out there has stayed there recently and wouldn't mind sharing?

Gracias.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 8:22 pm

Embassy Suites La Quinta

I found a good rate for June $77 on Expedia vs $89 on Embassy Suites.com for two nights at the La Quinta Embassy Suites. Amazingly enough it was more expensive to use the AAA rate.

From reading reviews I chose this one over the Palm Desert Embassy Suites since the rooms here are nicer(650 sqft Suites).

I also like the complimentary cooked to order breakfast and managers reception. The Best Western and other properties were the same if not more and offered less for the money.

Have you stayed at this Embassy Suites? I spoke with a nice reservation agent on site who changed our reservation two 2 Queen Beds for the same cost at the 1 King(The wbesite charged more for this).

I prefer Embassy Suites over Holiday Inns, Best Westerns and Marriott Residence Inns/Fairfield Inns.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by danielonn
I prefer Embassy Suites over Holiday Inns, Best Westerns and Marriott Residence Inns/Fairfield Inns.
I prefer to be shot in the head over being stabbed, but that doesn't mean I WANT to experience either.

Kind of the same thing with your list of options. If I have to find a place to sleep those places are fine but since my expectations are so low I don't put a lot of thought in to it.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite

Have you stayed at this Embassy Suites? I spoke with a nice reservation agent on site who changed our reservation two 2 Queen Beds for the same cost at the 1 King(The wbesite charged more for this).
I was there last month and would rate the hotel as very good. It is a newer property and within walking distance of a number of good restaurants.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:29 pm

Thanks

Thanks Bag of Peanuts for your response. I like to be in walking distance of shops and restaurants and stay at a relatively new hotel.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:32 pm

I have higher expectations

When selecting a hotel part of my requirements is that it offers a full hot breakfast and its nice to have a complimentary managers reception. At most Best Westerns you are put into a small motel room whereas at the Embassy Suites there is room to spread out.

I pride myself on not staying at a Best Western or Holiday Inn if I can help it. I know I can find better deals than the high rates BW charges by going to Hotels.com.

Originally Posted by DillMan
I prefer to be shot in the head over being stabbed, but that doesn't mean I WANT to experience either.

Kind of the same thing with your list of options. If I have to find a place to sleep those places are fine but since my expectations are so low I don't put a lot of thought in to it.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 6:31 pm

I was there, oh, three-plus years ago, so keep the stale-ness of my comments in mind.

First, if youwant to be in Palm Springs, this really isn't the place, despite the name. The PS airport is 45 minutes away, and downtown Palm Springs nearly as distant. If you want La Quinta, great. Not that much going on in La Quinta, which is why I mention it.

HHonors status didn't get me anything...except maybe slightly faster repair service when my microwave melted down.

I remember the fitness center being a hodge-podge of off-brand equipment. A bit funky, rickety and scary.

I don't do Embassy Suites breakfast (I'm vegetarian) so no comment on that. And, since I was there for work, I never saw the pool.

Free parking, no resort fees and, as I recall, no timeshare selling.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I was there, oh, three-plus years ago, so keep the stale-ness of my comments in mind.

First, if youwant to be in Palm Springs, this really isn't the place, despite the name. The PS airport is 45 minutes away, and downtown Palm Springs nearly as distant. If you want La Quinta, great. Not that much going on in La Quinta, which is why I mention it.

HHonors status didn't get me anything...except maybe slightly faster repair service when my microwave melted down.

I remember the fitness center being a hodge-podge of off-brand equipment. A bit funky, rickety and scary.

I don't do Embassy Suites breakfast (I'm vegetarian) so no comment on that. And, since I was there for work, I never saw the pool.

Free parking, no resort fees and, as I recall, no timeshare selling.
OP mentioned Palm Desert, not Palm Springs - and La Quinta is a decent alternative, I believe. As a Diamond, I snagged a room with a south-facing balcony that was huge, probably as large as my room since it extended over a roof below - but there are only a couple of these rooms so they are probably difficult to score. As vegans, we found the breakfast typical of ES breakfasts - which for us means a narrow selection of fresh fruit and uninteresting whole wheat toast, and (as might be expected) no soy milk on hand.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:32 am

Embassy Suites La Quinta CA

I was wondering if anyone here has stayed at the ES La Quinta. I found a rate of $77 for June.

The room looks really nice with 2 Queen Beds Non Smoking(I called the hotel and they changed us to the 2 Queen Beds Non Smoking room).

I love the Complimentary Full Cooked to Order Breakfast and the Managers Reception.

This hotel looks nicer and newer than the Palm Desert ES and its located across from Old Town La Quinta.

Is it located in a quiet location? It sure seems its away from a main road.

What are the pool hours like? Any tips about this hotel? It really reminds me of an Upscale Hilton, Hyatt or Westin.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Its right around the corner from the La Quinta Resort and spa a W=A property. It is in a quiet area, we have never stayed there but often stay at the W=A property. I am familiar with the location since there is a fresh and easy next store and we usually stop by to get fresh fruit to snack on by the pools at la quinta. if you use the mvp code at the la quints the 2 queen rooms are 95 in june (we booked fathers day weekend) but no breakfast or reception.
Old May 13, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Review:

Check-in: Not the most helpful or friendly bunch. I have requested a high floor and was given a room on the 1st floor (nice pool view and balcony) When asked if there was a room on a higher floor, I was told this was a nice room. A second request was met with there are no available rooms on the 3rd floor. While it was a good room, Im pretty sure there were rooms available on the third floor. Inquired at the concierge desk about golf. She really doesnt know much about golf and there wasnt any information available other than a public course down the street. Come on, this is Palm Springs and you dont have golf information???

Room: Pretty decent, appears newer. Some hallway and room above noise. Had to request amenities. Had balcony and limited view of mountains.

Breakfast: pretty decent but there was a meeting/convention so it was very crowded.

Stayed a second time a few days later and again was given a lower floor room but they did find a room on the third floor. No amenities in room, had to call. Microwave didnt function properly, clock didnt function, and a few other room issues. There really is a lack of attention to details and the staff doesnt seem to care much.

Rating: 3/10 (as compared to other ES) Homewood Suites is a better place and the La Quinta Resort much better choice
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:17 pm

Embassy Suites La Quinta

I am here at the ES La Quinta and am having a nice stay so far. My Parents and I checked in at 11:15AM and the front desk agent and reservations manager were friendly.

The pool area is nice with their padded lounge chairs, cold water etc. You can even order meals to be delivered to the pool. The spa and pool temperatures are perfect

Our 2 bedroom suite with the Queen Beds is cozy and I love the updated furniture. I would hope that this hotel upgrades their TVs to the Flatscreen TV's but other than that its nice.

I spoke with one of the bartenders Dave and he is so friendly. He went over what they serve for the complimentary manager's reception. They have Gordon's Gin, Beam's Brandy Whisky, Mondavi Wines and some good Tequila. What a friendly guy. He spent time going over how he got his bar tending license.

The atrium sitting area is nice with the waterfall, comfortable couches and chairs. I prefer this setting to the other ES with Koi Fish because there is more space to spread out.

The fitness center has new equipment and from what I could see its well maintained.

I love the small library off the main lobby where you could work on your laptop. While we booked under the January free WiFi promotion you could use your ATT High Speed Internet account to log on to their hotspot or if you are Hilton VIP you will get the free WiFi.

The location is perfect right across from Old Town La Quinta .

Overall this is a nice Embassy SUites and I am looking forward to trying their manager's recpetion and cooked to order breakfast. I plan to relax here and not do much of anything for the upcoming two nights here.

Oh and by the way they were able to extend our checkout from 12 to 1:30 so this will allow us to enjoy the breakfast swim and rest before we go to our resort in Indio.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Oh and by the way they were able to extend our checkout from 12 to 1:30 so this will allow us to enjoy the breakfast swim and rest before we go to our resort in Indio.
Indio has resorts?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Indio has resorts?
I can only imagine...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.