Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Ontario Airport {US-CA} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2001, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Hilton's are generally my preferred hotel chain. However, the Hilton Ontario Airport was unbelievable unacceptable.
Located convienently 1.5 miles from Ontario Airport. It took 40 minutes to get a shuttle. Not due to traffic or hotel traffic. When I called to check I was transferred to 5 different people and waited 5 minutes before talking to anyone.

Upon arrival I noticed that the cover to my toilet tank was smashed on the floor. How disgusting! No offer was made to get me a new room. I was simply told- "We don't have a lid to fit"

Room service was similar to the shuttle. Transfer- wait. Transfer-wait. No french dressing. Petty complaint- yes. However, for $100+ a night it shouldn't be hard to keep staples stocked.

I could go on and on. Needless to say this was a most unpleasant experience. I will think twice before going to a Hilton again.
Old Nov 29, 2001, 6:09 pm

How disappointing. We stayed there a year ago and found everything very acceptable. Very Small Balcony, however something we could open and enjoy. Fax machine in room. Room service great, forgot wine glasses and promptly returned with 'em.

We drove and did not use shuttle so can't compare that.

Breakfast @ hotel was fine also.

Were thinking of staying there again . . . however, wondering if the above was a fluke or the new standard???
Old Dec 2, 2001, 11:09 am
Suspended

Location: IAH-LAX -IAH Continental - Platinum EARNED(with calouses on my butt) Hilton Honors - Diamond
Why didn't you just stay @ the D/T accross the street from the airport, former Red Lion Facility

------------------
Diamond Dave, Hilton Honors - Platinum Punk, Continental - Sleazy Silver - Delta

"A Southwest line never gets longer,It only gets wider"
Old Dec 2, 2001, 12:34 pm

Agree with dcwcce, the Doubletree, about 5 minutes from the Airport, is very nice and within easy walking distance to the Convention Center. My wife and I had a wonderful stay there last March.
Old Dec 2, 2001, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The Sheraton Ontario is the best choice. It was a Doubletree before the Red Lion became the Doubletree. The Sheraton is totally renovated and weekend rates are often as low as $51. As a SPG Platinum, I have always been upgraded to the Club Level, which is available to guests 24/7 and the refrigerator is always stocked and never locked. I like my HHonors Diamond status, but in Ontario, Sheraton is the winner, and the In-N-Out burger stand is just across the street. The airport shuttle runs on request and I've never waited more than 10 minutes.

------------------
Biggest Little 1K (in The Biggest Little City) In The World

[This message has been edited by BL1KITW (edited 12-02-2001).]
Old Sep 30, 2002, 2:17 am

Programs: Ex-Continental Platinum Elite, HHonors Diamond Preferential VIP, Former Continental Platinum Elite
Hilton Ontario Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

Hi Flyertalkers!

Anyone been to the Ontario Hilton lately? I would certainly not recommend it at all.

Ok, I admit it, I fouled up. I did my due dilgence in advance & saw several negative remarks on the board about this property but wanted to at least give them the benefit of the doubt (the LAST time I stayed there midweek 2 years ago it was acceptable). Well, this time I spent ONE SATURDAY NIGHT there and decided to venture ahead anyway - what a mistake!

Why? Aside from the fact that the hotel has seen better days in the past (especially the pool), the executive lounge was closed on the weekend, the front desk service is rude and surly and to add insult to injury, they CHARGED ME for the Bounceback Breakfast that was included in my Bounceback rate.

Yet, somehow I suspect that the lousy service might have been more of a reflection of "the weekend crew" than the overall staff at the property. I am trying to remember all of the times that I have had issues with stays in the past and I realized - EACH OF THE THREE TIMES (3 out of over 150 nights in the last 3 years) I HAVE CALLED TO COMPLAIN - the stay took place during a weekend. Has anyone else experienced this or is this just a coincidence?

------------------
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,and there you will forever long to return." Leonardo da Vinci

200 nights/200 legs a year
Old Sep 30, 2002, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I stayed there in March. I was upgraded to the largest suite I ever saw as a lowly Gold.

Might have been the Presidential Suite.

They were very cooperative.

Dan
Old Sep 30, 2002, 3:52 pm

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
This morning, Bob Kevoian of the Bob & Tom Show was griping about this property when he stayed there this past weekend ("The hotel was in Ontario, CA, and rhymes with milton..."). Apparently on the 9th floor, there was a dispute and altercation between a john and pimp ("There was this naked guy running down the hall, bleeding. The cops were called, and the guy said he was attacked by a pizza delivery guy...").

Then, the power goes out for three hours. Apparently, the whole area was blacked out ("We were in the parking lot of a restaurant smoking since we couldn't get a drink...").

Old Oct 1, 2002, 10:39 pm

Programs: Ex-Continental Platinum Elite, HHonors Diamond Preferential VIP, Former Continental Platinum Elite
I cannot believe it, a simple request to have the GM call me has escalated beyond belief. Now the Hector Moreno (presumably the GM) is saying that they left repeated messages to no avail - basically saying that I am a liar. Here is a copy of the email I just sent off to them in an effort to get this cleared up:

To Whom It May Concern: Mr. Hector Moreno, Mr. John Cundiff, Ms. Trina Owens & Ms. Tamiko Carter

In a message dated 10/1/2002 5:38:25 PM Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

Sir: Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed to
receive a transmission today from Guest Assistance regarding your continued
displeasure over your stay with the Hilton Ontario Airport hotel and the
allegation that no response was ever forwarded to you. Let me assure you
that repeated attempts have been made to contact you telephonically to
resolve the issues you discribed. A letter was then issued in an attempt to
resolve this matter timely. Attached is a copy of the letter forwarded for
your review. Additionally a complete investigation of this matter shows
the following chronology of events:

Let me begin by saying that first of all, I am extremely frustrated to get an unsigned email from someone I have never heard of (Hector Moreno?) insinuating in no uncertain terms that "repeated attempts were made to contact you telephonically to resolve the issues discribed (sic)." He further encourages me to contact him directly without telling me who he is or how I should go about contacting him - where is his title? Where is his phone number? Is he in Ontario? Is he in Beverly Hills? Is he in New York? How am I as a busy executive supposed to know? Do you think I am psychic?

Furthermore, as Mr. Moreno suggest's I have made numerous false statements, let me tell you all that he has just crossed the line with me. I travel this country EVERY SINGLE WEEK and have NEVER missed a message on my voicemail - even if my cell phone was out of range, those calls would have been transferred to voicemail accordingly. Why didn't your staff member leave a message? I can tell you why - because they NEVER MADE THE CALL IN THE FIRST PLACE. THE STAFF IS EITHER NOT TELLING YOU THE TRUTH OR THEY MADE A MISTAKE, IN EITHER CASE, YOU SHOULD NOT BE BLAMING THE CLIENT!

I would like to see your phone records on the date in question (September 24th & September 27th, 2002) and if they reflect that an attempt was made to reach my telephone number, then I have made a very large mistake - otherwise, I am very angry that you would suggest that a Diamond VIP is making false statements concerning your efficiency and concern toward guest service. I would hope that any employee that would make such an allegation would, if he or she were proved to have made a false statement to that effect, be severely reprimanded.

Mr. Moreno, let me assure you that your use of superfluous verbiage suggesting that I "alleged that no response was ever forwarded to you" is truly making this situation much worse, I suggest you quit while you are behind and I will be following up with both the Beverly Hills and New York office of Hilton Hotels Corporation. It confounds me that you expect me to continue to go back and forth in this way - when all I ever asked for was a refund for the room & tax.

Yours Very Cordially,
JTB

P.S. - After my experience with the Ontario Hilton and hearing about the incident last weekend with the pimp and prostitute - and the ensuing fracas involving a naked man running down a hallway screaming - could you give me one good reason why I should WANT to come back?

------------------
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,and there you will forever long to return." Leonardo da Vinci

200 nights/200 legs a year
Old Oct 1, 2002, 11:18 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I am not too surprised at your tale. A part of my trip report from a year ago:

"Had spent the night at the Ontario Hilton. A very nice property and was upgraded (actually, the desk clerk told me that this is where they put all Hilton Golds, on the 10th floor) to a very nice 10th floor room with a balcony. (This is one of the few nice California properties that is in the "Opportunity" category and hence "costs" only 10,000 points for a weekend night). Received a coupon for the free breakfast on Sunday morning, but it was for nought -- arrived at the restaurant to find no buffet (not on Sundays, but that wasn't posted anywhere) and so I ordered a waffle (as some of you no doubt know, a complex and demanding culinary task). I had given my order to the waiter (telling him that I needed to be on the 8am shuttle to the airport) at 7:20 a.m. and at 7:50 a.m. the waiter came out and said that the cook had tried to make the waffle but had over-cooked and burned it. I said "forget it; I've got to get on the airport shuttle."
http://www.flyertalk.com/pasttalk/ft...ML/002285.html

What isn't reported is that the hotel double-billed my credit card, and it took literally months of phone calls, emails, faxes and contact with HHonors to rectify it.

The weekend staff that I dealt with seemed nice, earnest, and clueless.

The room itself, per dhammer's experience, was wonderful.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 11:28 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
These tales are appalling, and I don't in any way dispute them.

I'll just say that I stayed at the Ontario Hilton a few years back, and found it just fine. If memory serves, it was March of 2000. One night, no problems. Very nice room.

Obviously, YMMV.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 12:30 am

FYI - a local musician was jumped and killed in their parking lot last year. The back of the hotel lot is poorly lit - near the freeway...

When I've got staff coming in - I send them to the Sheraton or the Doubletree - they're both better properties..
Old Oct 2, 2002, 7:36 pm

Used this hotel several times most recently 9/26. As HH Gold, never an upgrade, never a breakfast coupon (but usually leave so early it does'nt matter) Maybe time for *Wood?

------------------
JerseyJoe
Old Oct 2, 2002, 9:29 pm

I've always been frightened of the $149/159 rate. The Marriot Fairfield is closer to the airport, great staff, free breakfast, newer (seems to be) property and only $79.
Old Oct 5, 2002, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMHO this hotel should be promptly renamed "THE HOTEL FROM H*LL-WEST" corresponding to the similarly digusting Reno Hilton (do a search).

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.