Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Zurich Airport {CHE}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2001, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Zurich Airport {CHE}

How is this hotel? Any recent experiences good or bad? What kind of amenities are offered?
Old May 11, 2001, 6:51 am

At the moment there is some building work going on which causes a little disturbance.

There is a free shuttle every 30 minutes from the airport, as a Diamond I have always been upgraded to the Executive Floor or given a corner suite.

The Executive Lounge is good, with all the usual free drinks and a good selection of evening food and hot breakfast.

Freebies in the room are nothing exciting, normally a very small box of chocolates (almost pillow chocolates) and a small plate of fruit.

Service is generally good, although not exceptional. The rooms can become stuffy and are not especially confortable. There are three restaurants which are OK, but not exceptional - and a lobby bar which is naff.

I think it is by far the best hotel at the airport (although I love the new McDonalds hotel!).

Compared with the other big-chain hotels in the Zurich area, I think the Hilton is far superior to the two Sheratons. But I think the Marriott has the edge (although they don't treat Elites well), but if like me you are lucky enough to have a Swissotel, Swiss Club Gold Card - the Swissotel wins hands down!

Nick
Old May 11, 2001, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally posted by Merry:
At the moment there is some building work going on which causes a little disturbance.

There is a free shuttle every 30 minutes from the airport, as a Diamond I have always been upgraded to the Executive Floor or given a corner suite.

The Executive Lounge is good, with all the usual free drinks and a good selection of evening food and hot breakfast.

Freebies in the room are nothing exciting, normally a very small box of chocolates (almost pillow chocolates) and a small plate of fruit.

Service is generally good, although not exceptional. The rooms can become stuffy and are not especially confortable. There are three restaurants which are OK, but not exceptional - and a lobby bar which is naff.

I think it is by far the best hotel at the airport (although I love the new McDonalds hotel!).

Compared with the other big-chain hotels in the Zurich area, I think the Hilton is far superior to the two Sheratons. But I think the Marriott has the edge (although they don't treat Elites well), but if like me you are lucky enough to have a Swissotel, Swiss Club Gold Card - the Swissotel wins hands down!

Nick
My wife and I stayed at this property in September. Even though we were on an award stay, we were placed on the Executive level. Food was continuous and drinks were free, what a nice touch.

We loved it.

weaselwatchr likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 3:19 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Zurich, Switzerland Hilton Suggestions

I am doing a lst minute mileage run to ZRH from DFW on 12/28 which should finally get me EXP status on AA.

I am Diamond with Hilton - do they have a property near the airport - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2001, 3:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freeupgrade:
I am Diamond with Hilton - do they have a property near the airport - any suggestions would be appreciated.</font>
Hilton Zurich Airport.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 2:36 pm

Hilton Zurich Airport

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton-ZRH before. Any comments on the rooms, service, etc.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 6:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Hilton Zurich Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

I've stayed there a couple of times. Service is generally friendly (although there is one woman in the Executive check-in lounge who is straight out of the refrigerator....cold as ice!). Rooms are ok, not massive but clean and functional. I'm staying there again with my wife and kids in 3 weeks time, so it can't be bad!
Old Jul 1, 2002, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, Delta GLD, Hilton GLD
Room are smallish, nice though. Executive lounge is nice. They do make a big deal out of taking stuff back to your room which I didn't understand. Was just there one night upgraded to executive floor for both rooms I had as a diamond.
Old Jul 2, 2002, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I like the fact that Executive Lounge is 2 rooms....1 for smokers
Old Jul 2, 2002, 7:47 pm

We stayed at the Zurich airport Hilton last week. No trouble with the Gold upgrades to executive floor and use of the lounge - didn't even have to ask for them. The rooms were small and nothing special but clean and functional. The lounge was better than the usual Hilton lounge, including a nonsmoking area - very unusual for Switzerland! The evening snacks were quite good - in fact, pretty much the same as what was served in the appetizers portion of the restaurant buffet downstairs. I have to agree with the earlier post about the Ice Queen receptionist, although she was completely proper - just not very friendly or welcoming. The receptionist at the main desk was excellent - a young woman intern from a Swiss hotel school who was originally from New Zealand. Very helpful with unusual special requests. Finally, there is a wonderful exercise course (a country road through forest and field) just outside the hotel.
Only real negative is that a lot of construction is going on in the hotel.
Hope this information is useful to you!
Old Jul 3, 2002, 8:59 am

thanks, all, for the info. I'll be there this weekend. will let you know about my experience when I get back.
Old Jul 3, 2002, 9:51 am

Stayed there a few times. Good service and nothing to complain. The shuttle to\from the airport was always prompt like most things in Switzerland . Free parking and close the main highway if you driving.
Otherwise, the shuttle will drop you at Airport with a regular train service to Zurich Central train station.

Enjoy your trip!

AndrewM

Old Jul 8, 2002, 11:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just got back in October from an award stay at the Hilton Zurich Airport. It was very close to the airport, and they have free shuttle service from the airport. I found the lobby to be a bit small and cramped, but it could be due to the construction. I was upgraded to the executive floor as a diamond. I actually had 3 rooms reserved for my family and we were all upgraded to the executive floor. I also had a comment in my reservation that I would be arriving at 9am in the morning, since my flight was scheduled to arrive into ZRH at 7:30am. Our flight was almost an hour early (hard to believe, I know)and we breezed through passport control, so we actually arrived at the Hilton at 8am. They were very apoligetic that our rooms were not ready, since they weren't expecting us till 9am. They let us sit and enjoy breakfast in the executive lounge, and our room was ready shortly there after. If you arriving in the early morning, definitly let them know in your reservation, so that they will be ready for you. I am not sure I would have made it that day in Zurich if I wasn't able to come in and catch a few hours of ZZZ's.
I didn't find this hotel to be super luxurious,
Old Jul 16, 2002, 1:37 pm

I stayed there for 3 nights last week. Got upgraded to the executive floor as a Gold. I must say that the food/drinks was quite nice in the evening. Had a chance to meet the Ice Queen - very professional but cold. I found it quite convenient to take the shuttle to the airport and then take the train to the city. One thing missing was the fitness center/swimming pool but overall, it was a good stay.
Old Dec 25, 2002, 11:55 pm

Hilton Zurich-Has anyone stayed here?

I'm looking for advice about this hotel. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? How is it and are you far enough from the airport not to hear the planes taking off and landing all night long? I'm thinking of a trip to Europe and am thinking about staying at this hotel. I'm planning a trip for next year probably in late September. Is this one fairly easy to get with reward points? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.