FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Zurich Airport {CHE}
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2001, 4:21 pm
mikey1003
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally posted by Merry:
At the moment there is some building work going on which causes a little disturbance.

There is a free shuttle every 30 minutes from the airport, as a Diamond I have always been upgraded to the Executive Floor or given a corner suite.

The Executive Lounge is good, with all the usual free drinks and a good selection of evening food and hot breakfast.

Freebies in the room are nothing exciting, normally a very small box of chocolates (almost pillow chocolates) and a small plate of fruit.

Service is generally good, although not exceptional. The rooms can become stuffy and are not especially confortable. There are three restaurants which are OK, but not exceptional - and a lobby bar which is naff.

I think it is by far the best hotel at the airport (although I love the new McDonalds hotel!).

Compared with the other big-chain hotels in the Zurich area, I think the Hilton is far superior to the two Sheratons. But I think the Marriott has the edge (although they don't treat Elites well), but if like me you are lucky enough to have a Swissotel, Swiss Club Gold Card - the Swissotel wins hands down!

Nick
My wife and I stayed at this property in September. Even though we were on an award stay, we were placed on the Executive level. Food was continuous and drinks were free, what a nice touch.

We loved it.