Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton Hotel Tampa Bay - North Redington Beach {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton Hotel Tampa Bay - North Redington Beach {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2001, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree Beach Resort by Hilton Hotel Tampa Bay - North Redington Beach {US-FL}

Any comments on this resort?
Old Jul 27, 2001, 1:13 pm

Stayed there for two weeks last summer. Very basic hotel. Staff friendly and rooms..ok. Restaurant menu is repetitive and boring if you are there for some time. Beachfront property, beach itself is great. Expensive cabanas though. Hotel location is between Clearwater and St Petes. You need a car to go anywhere. What else do you need to know?
Old Jul 27, 2001, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks -- you covered my questions
Old Dec 17, 2001, 11:07 am

Programs: Everyone!
Hilton North Redington Beach advice?

Hello. I did a search and noticed that a few of you thought this was one of the best domestic Hilton properties while many complained about not following HHonors rules (upgrades/breakfasts).

Has anyone had experiences with this hotel in the last few months, and if so, did you receive your upgrades and breakfast?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 18, 2001, 5:29 am

no one?
Old Dec 18, 2001, 7:00 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jkzahn:
no one?</font>
give posters a chance, less than 20 hours went by since your first post.
Old Dec 18, 2001, 8:36 am

Visited this location 9-16-2001 and had the typical response of "oh you want an upgradeed room"which they promptly changed to ocean view. Also, breakfast coupons was a minor challenge as they professed to be unaware of "free breakfast" for Hilton Gold. I stared to show the desk clerk the copy of Hilton Gold upgrades and the answer was "we will give you coupons this time". Other than that, the stay was enjoyable and the "breakfast selection" was anything on the menu.
Old Dec 18, 2001, 1:00 pm

I stayed here in the summer and was disappointed, especially with the beach. Moved to the Clearwater Beach Hilton and was much happier there. Beautiful soft sand. Upgraded no problem. I'd e-mailed them the day before to request it. They do recognise status there.
Old Jan 14, 2002, 2:31 pm

FYI update: I added the comment about being GOLD to my reservation comments. When I arrived, I had been upgraded to an Ocean View and had an envelope provided to me with coupons for me and my wife for free continental breakfast for everyday of the stay for both of us (could pay extra for a nicer breakfast).

Location was nice and appreciated the nice recognition of status.
Old Sep 26, 2002, 1:14 pm

The longer you stay, the less you pay rate at Hilton North Reddington Beach, FL

Got a letter from the Hilton in North Reddington Beach, Florida about The longer you stay, the less you pay rate.

Stay 1 or 2 nights and receive a 25% discount off regular room rates
Stay 3 or 4 nights and receive a 30% discount off regular room rates
Stay 5 or 6 nights and receive a 35% discount off regular room rates
Stay 7 or more nights and receive a 40% discount off regular room rates

You must call the hotel at (727) 391-4000

Reservation must be made by 11/01/02
Discount valid from 09/02/02 thru 12/30/02

This Hilton is right on the water and is very nice.

My one night stay was a little cheaper than the Hilton website.

Old Sep 26, 2002, 5:08 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I always hate this type of discounting as for biz or liesure, I am rarely at the same property for more than 1-2 nights.
Old Sep 26, 2002, 10:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond USAirways CP Hertz Pres Cir
Thanks for passing this along gw14. Sometimes the best deals can only be found by calling the hotel directly it seems.

Any other deals like this around?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
North Redington Beach Hilton becomes Doubletree Jan 1st

Just an FYI

BTW, that's Clearwater, FL

Last edited by mikey1003; Nov 29, 2005 at 2:59 pm Reason: Add location
Old Jan 20, 2008, 1:15 am

Programs: HH diamond, Hyatt diamond, *wood plat, Delta Diamond 4th yr, SWA A List
Unhappy Trip Report DoubleTree Beach Resort (N. Reddington Beach) near Tampa

The North Redington Beach DoubleTree Beach Resort is located west of Tampa and in a residential area. Its directly on a wide, white sandy beach.

The front desk clerk was very generous with warm chocolate chip cookies. If you have an ocean view room, you hear the pounding of the waves at night similar to Hawaii. The king bed room was good sized, offered wireless Internet service for a fee, Wolfgang Puck in room tea bags, ample supply of towels, four feather pillows, and Neutrogena bath products (which is my favorite bath amenity in the Hilton chain). Unfortunately, the room had no water bottles (for a fee or free) and I generally don't care for the taste of FL water.

The whole hotel is nonsmoking (which I really enjoy) although my room had a constant inflow of cigarette smoke from the balcony and hallway. I woke up on Friday morning at 6am to smoke coming in from my patio door which I had left open at night so I could hear the surf. Additionally, it was so smokey that I called the front desk at 2am this morning to complain since the two wet towels under my front door did little to stop the smoke from the neighbors in 403 who were drunk, arguing loudly and obviously smoking heavily. Security arrived moments after my call and knocked on their door (thank you for prompt response) and requested that the two individuals keep the noise down. The drunk couple indicated they were going to bed soon and subsequently it was quiet but the smoke continued to seep through cracks around my door.

Overall, I enjoyed the surf noise, the white sand beach was clean, the cookies were warm and plentiful; however, due to the frequent stench of cigarette smoke and loud noise, lack of "walk to" sites, I will never return to this hotel.

Last edited by VFF1000000; Jan 20, 2008 at 1:22 am
Old Jan 20, 2008, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Other points about this hotel. It's old with small bathrooms and only a couple of suites on the top floor. Service is polite but nothing over the top. Food at the pool side bar is OK but overpriced. Watch for the diving seagulls if you are taking your time eating. Drinks OK and the service is good. The ability to reserve beach chairs and charge to the room is nice and the beach staff is actually attentive to making sure someone doesn't take your reserved spot/equipment.

Parking is under the hotel - a few tight spaces but enough for the guests.

Beach is clean and not crowded - even on weekends in the summer. Need to drive a few miles for decent restaurant options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.