Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Questions regarding specific locations (eg, "I am Renting From XXX; What Might I Get?") may be moved to specific/dedicated threads for that location. All major airport codes may be searched using FlyerTalk's search engine; otherwise, words in " " quotation marks will bypass the character limit filter.

Overview of Service and List of Existing and Future Airport Locations: https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/produ...ate_choice.jsp

Am I Eligible? Is My Vehicle Eligible?

Q. Who can use Ultimate Choice?
Any member of the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program is eligible to use Ultimate Choice. The areas you can select from depend on your status in the program (President's Circle, Five Star, or Gold).

Q. What is the minimum booking class to be eligible to freely select cars from Ultimate Choice?
A. You can book anything other than an Economy (A), Compact (B), or Manager's Special (EXAR) vehicle, and be eligible for Ultimate Choice.

Q. What if I book a lower class such as Economy or Compact or Manager's Special?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class (or higher, as a complimentary upgrade) in a marked space.

Q. What happens if I book a Economy or Compact but pick a higher-class car from Ultimate Choice?
A. You will likely be asked to pay the midsize rental rate by the gate agent.

Q. What if I book a Fullsize car but find a lower class car in Ultimate Choice that I like better?
A. You may chose to take it, but you will pay the originally-booked Fullsize rate.

Q. What if I book a Adrenaline/Electric/Hybrid/Luxury/Prestige car or a Minivan/Truck/SUV?
A. You will be assigned a car from that class in a marked space. You can either accept it or chose a car from Ultimate Choice.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for one-way rentals?
A. Yes.

Q. Can I use Ultimate Choice for award rentals?
A. Yes, provided the reservation is for a mid-size car or higher.

Print Wikipost

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jyrsa
Planning on utilizing the FL drive-in fares from NYC to MIA.
Has this deal (drive-in) been announced? I've been looking for something like this, but have been unable to find it (list of participating locations, dates, etc.).

Also, maybe this is old news, but I just noticed that there were a lot more locations announced for UC! ^
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:10 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by ncSam
Has this deal (drive-in) been announced? I've been looking for something like this, but have been unable to find it (list of participating locations, dates, etc.).

Also, maybe this is old news, but I just noticed that there were a lot more locations announced for UC! ^
Details can be found here.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Is there a thread for UC in LAS? Did a search and did not find anything. Same with BOS.

Seems like upgrades are consistently better at larger locations. Wondering if I should switch up from National or Avis.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
FT search is kinda busted right now...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ct-thread.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ct-thread.html
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Thanks!
Any chance that this forum might consolidate these location threads and put them with links into a wiki like on the National forum?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:56 am

Does anyone know how UC upgrades work on one way rentals? I never find anything good in PC and would be happy to pay the upgrade fee, but a large number of my rentals are one way.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Dgosche
Does anyone know how UC upgrades work on one way rentals? I never find anything good in PC and would be happy to pay the upgrade fee, but a large number of my rentals are one way.
UC works the same for one-way rentals as it does for round-trip rentals. Your selection isn't limited in any way because it's a one-way rental. I don't believe there is any restriction on paying the $25/day upgrade fee for a one-way either.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:57 pm

Ultimate Choice - have I understood this correctly?

Please help me guys; not a regular renter, and not sure what to expect.

I have 16 day full-size rental booked and paid for out of DFW, picking up late August.

I have Hertz Club Gold, and my booking states 'Service Type: Gold Canopy'.

So, when I turn up, what happens? Do I go into reception, do the paperwork, and then go out and choose a vehicle? DFW has 'Ultimate Choice' - what sort of vehicles would I expect to be able to choose from?

Really appreciate your help on this one!

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by kennethsross
Ultimate Choice - have I understood this correctly?

Please help me guys; not a regular renter, and not sure what to expect.

I have 16 day full-size rental booked and paid for out of DFW, picking up late August.

I have Hertz Club Gold, and my booking states 'Service Type: Gold Canopy'.

So, when I turn up, what happens? Do I go into reception, do the paperwork, and then go out and choose a vehicle? DFW has 'Ultimate Choice' - what sort of vehicles would I expect to be able to choose from?

Really appreciate your help on this one!

Thanks in anticipation.
You go right to the lot and look for the Ultimate Choice section that corresponds to your status level (Gold, 5*, Presidents Circle) and choose any car you want there. Drive to the exit gate, show license, answer a couple of questions. Drive off. Simple.

If you want to upgrade, you can check out the Ultimate Choice upgrade section and upgrade for $35/day extra (plus taxes and fees of course), or $25/day if you'd President's Circle.

I hope this helps!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum, Eurobonus Diamond
I am not sure if it has already been mentioned but when swapping a Jaguar I grabbed in the PC area at LAX for another car at SJC the manager/agents said I was not able to swap to another car currently in their PC area. Luckily they were super helpful and found me another nice car but it is worth mentioning that one cant always expect to grab from the PC area when swapping cars.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
Upgrade when booked with plus rewards

Hey there. Did a few searches and didn’t find this one.

Booked a full size at LGA using Hertz Rewards this upcoming weekend. Will cost me close to $0. Am a PC. Assuming I’d choose from UC.

But question is if I upgrade will my charge be the standard $25/day? So the total would be $75+++ for a 3 day rental?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by kesco
Hey there. Did a few searches and didn’t find this one.

Booked a full size at LGA using Hertz Rewards this upcoming weekend. Will cost me close to $0. Am a PC. Assuming I’d choose from UC.

But question is if I upgrade will my charge be the standard $25/day? So the total would be $75+++ for a 3 day rental?
Yes, it should be.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:19 am

Looking at my rental rates, it looks like renting a Hybrid (Group E6) ICAH will be cheaper than Intermediate 2 or 4 dr. (Group C) ICAR.
I'm planning to get to LAX and just go pick a car out of Ultimate Choice, I have PC, so getting the cheapest possible rental that will qualify me is my goal. I thought it was Intermediete, but wondering if Hybrid Group E6 will also qualify me to go and pick one from UC? Or will it get me a pre-selected vehicle?
Is any group letter C or higher qualify for Ultimate Choice? Like Group F Full Size?

Also, what are CV codes? i found one, that gets me a $10 lower rate on the Intermediete, but also an option to pay a few $5 dollars for a Premium Group G than the hybrid.

Last edited by AJDem; Aug 7, 2017 at 5:31 am
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You go right to the lot and look for the Ultimate Choice section that corresponds to your status level (Gold, 5*, Presidents Circle) and choose any car you want there. Drive to the exit gate, show license, answer a couple of questions. Drive off. Simple.

If you want to upgrade, you can check out the Ultimate Choice upgrade section and upgrade for $35/day extra (plus taxes and fees of course), or $25/day if you'd President's Circle.

I hope this helps!
Many thanks, Autoslash -

Can anyone tell me what I'm likely to find in Gold Ultimate Choice?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by kennethsross
Many thanks, Autoslash -

Can anyone tell me what I'm likely to find in Gold Ultimate Choice?
If you are base Gold (not 5* or PC), then you're likely to find Camrys, Altimas, Corollas, Cruzes, Sonatas, etc. Essentially midsize to fullsize Japanese and American sedans. If you find anything else there, consider it a win.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.