Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Hertz charge me if I use the NeverLost GPS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

I rented a car that happened to have the GPS. I did not request one, and my paperwork does not show the GPS charge.

If I use the NeverLost, will they charge me later? Like how hotels put those snacks in your room that you didn't request, and if you take one, you get charged?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz 5*
No you won't be charged, to be safe you can double check the paper work once you return the car but if you didn't request one and it doesn't show up on your estimate than you should be good to go
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

OK, cool, thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
That would be a great idea! Put a Neverlost in every car and charge per use.

Ron.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by madbucky
I rented a car that happened to have the GPS. I did not request one, and my paperwork does not show the GPS charge.

If I use the NeverLost, will they charge me later? Like how hotels put those snacks in your room that you didn't request, and if you take one, you get charged?
Not really a good comparison as one is a consumable that needs to be replaced after use the other is not impacted from a use.

Regardless, you won't be charged if you use it, they don't check if it was used. The only thing to watch for is if they try to charge you if you were not charged just because the car is equipped, this normally doesn't occur, but just be aware.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: Hertz Gold, JetBlue TrueBlue, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I work as part of an office that includes an HLE facility. When renting a vehicle, if the car has Neverlost, the system prompts the agent to put in either "Yes" or "No" for the daily charge. If the agent puts "No", there is no charge for the system at all, whether it's used or not. I rarely see people (walk-ins) get charged for it, unless they added it to their reservation when they booked. Not adding it to your reservation when you book online also means that you're not guaranteed a car that has one, however. It would be just luck of the draw at that point. But yeah- if you don't see a charge for Neverlost on your original contract printout, consider it a freebie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.