Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mercedes E350 convertible at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Mercedes E350 convertible at LAX

I'm looking to rent a E350 Convertible out of LAX. Anybody know the condition and model year of this car (LTAR). Clean and well maintained or old and abused?

Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle; SPG Lifetime Platinum; Hilton Honors Diamond
Unless they've had a very recent delivery, most of them are around 12 months old now.. but the one I had a few weeks ago, was still in good repair. I enjoyed driving it.

(I've drafted a test report, but it is still in the "waiting to be published" queue for my website, I'm afraid).
Old Jan 8, 2014, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Red Scorpion
Unless they've had a very recent delivery, most of them are around 12 months old now.. but the one I had a few weeks ago, was still in good repair. I enjoyed driving it.

(I've drafted a test report, but it is still in the "waiting to be published" queue for my website, I'm afraid).
Thanks, I'm booking early Feb, so any luck they are getting newer ones as well?

Looking forward to your report!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:44 pm

Sry if I dig out this old thread, but does somebody know if hertz LAX has allready the e350 convertible with the facelift (2013 model and newer), or do they only have the pre facelift models?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 5:40 pm

There are still 2012 MBs in the fleet, tired and old no doubt, but that's Hertz standard now a days.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Thumbs up

I got a 2013 e350 convertible this spring which was in really good shape, even if the wash job sucked. I also got a Corvette Convertible old style, a few weeks back in LAX, but it had 20K miles and spotless condition.

I have to be honest, I was not really impressed with the e350, but then I am fussy. Of the MB rentals I have had, I enjoyed most the SLK roadster and a GL450. I've done several with the C250 sedans which were all fine.

I might be biased from the M5 I had in LAX. All black and 1500 miles.. sweet That car is amazing. ^
Old Jul 3, 2014, 5:00 am

Yeah, I'm looking for a convertible for a round trip (LA, SF, LV, SD, LA) in September. My favourite car would be the camaro SS convertible, but from what I've seen, there isn't just enough (trunk) space for 2 large suitcases. So now I have to choose between the Mustang and E350 convertible. I'm leaning towards the e350, but if they are old models with lots of miles on them, I'm not sure the car is worth the price...
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
The E350 convertible doesn't have a lot of trunk space. Enough for two roll aboards, but that's pretty much it. Wouldn't expect to get two big suitcases in there. You can always use the back seat, of course.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
I had an E350 in LAS a couple of weeks ago. 2013 model, and about 20k miles, but excellent condition. Other than lack of new car smell, would have believed it was 2k miles.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
The E350 convertible doesn't have a lot of trunk space. Enough for two roll aboards, but that's pretty much it. Wouldn't expect to get two big suitcases in there. You can always use the back seat, of course.
That's the idea, one big softbag in the trunk and the other suitcase on the back seat
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
I had an E350 in LAS a couple of weeks ago. 2013 model, and about 20k miles, but excellent condition. Other than lack of new car smell, would have believed it was 2k miles.
Great to hear! Does the car come with a navi or do I have to bring my own?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I upgraded to one in April for the Long Beach Gran prix. It was over 40K miles and generally in less than stellar shape. I should have declined the car. Overall it was pleasant to drive. Worn out suspension though and a torn windscreen between the two rear headrests. I was moderately disappointed but to busy to take action

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.