Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
I was able to type in my AAA club code and discount the $14.99 compact down to $13.49. As I'm renting from a Friday to a Monday, that's a pretty good deal for me. I tried a few coupon codes to see if I could get an even better rate, but the coupons seem to negate the FRDM $14.99 rate. If anyone succeeds with couponing this weekend promo, please let us know the coupon code. Thanks.
Almost insanely, Hertz's $13.49 Fall deal isn't so good in many markets, because it's competitors are matching their prices and allowing the use of coupons. Like if you go to National's website, you'll see they'll give you $20 off a 3-day car rental this month. Using that coupon, I got a rate in PDX that works out to something like $7/day.

Crazy stuff. In the 25 years I've been renting cars, the prices haven't really gone up at all. Too bad the fuel costs have tripled. And in cities that charge you fixed daily fees (like a $6/day "facility charge"), the taxes have skyrocketed.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:28 am

Hi
I tried to use the "Save $35 on a WEEKLY rental. Any car class: PC #173434" but I am getting the following error
Promotion Coupon - this Promotion Coupon cannot be booked online. Please "Contact Us" [NRX117]

My rental is for a week, starting today, in Newark CA. Any advice?

Thank you
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by alka12
Hi
I tried to use the "Save $35 on a WEEKLY rental. Any car class: PC #173434" but I am getting the following error
Promotion Coupon - this Promotion Coupon cannot be booked online. Please "Contact Us" [NRX117]

Thank you
New website has issues with coupons. Can call the 800 number.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:37 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Hi

Thank you
You can also use Travelocity. It should apply through there.

Feel free to PM me with rental details if you want me to check rates for you.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Hi

Thank you
With the new website, today in a search the same message came up (again). BUT I logged out/logged in and started the search over again and the coupon applied just fine. Recently, I have had to start searches over a couple of times before it applies. Maddening...
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Can you reply back with the details of your rental (pickup and dropoff dates and times as well as vehicle type)? This will help to identify a suitable CDP.

In the meantime, check out CDP 763130 which is for the Hertz Global Sale which they just started up yet again.
Sorry, missed this response. Dec 6-13, 10 a.m., compact/economy. Hope that helps.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Sorry, missed this response. Dec 6-13, 10 a.m., compact/economy. Hope that helps.
It looks like 763130 is in fact the best discount code right now for this rental.

You can book at Hertz and track via AutoSlash.com (click on the "Track a rental you've booked elsewhere" tab) and we'll monitor the rental for price reductions.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:30 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Anyone have some recent, updated CDP's for one-ways in Europe? AAA is the best I've found thus far but I'd like to get the price down further if possible...
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Does Hertz ever release mid-week coupons (ie not a full week's rental or weekend/Sat keep) that are valid in Hawaii? I've tried just about ever coupon in the thread and nothing works
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Does Hertz ever release mid-week coupons (ie not a full week's rental or weekend/Sat keep) that are valid in Hawaii? I've tried just about ever coupon in the thread and nothing works
Many Hertz coupons are not valid in Hawaii or Manhattan. That said, there usually are a bunch that are. If you could please post your rental details, I'll see if there is an available coupon for your rental. Need location(s), pickup and dropoff dates and times, and I can let you know the best CDP/PC combo for your rental.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Many Hertz coupons are not valid in Hawaii or Manhattan. That said, there usually are a bunch that are. If you could please post your rental details, I'll see if there is an available coupon for your rental. Need location(s), pickup and dropoff dates and times, and I can let you know the best CDP/PC combo for your rental.
Thank you!

Already using the company CDP, so that's set - but a nice coupon would take the edge of the 4WD cost

pickup KOA Oct 16/4p
drop KOA Oct 19/4p
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:37 pm

Thank you!

Already using the company CDP, so that's set - but a nice coupon would take the edge of the 4WD cost

pickup KOA Oct 16/4p
drop KOA Oct 19/4p
Sent you a PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Thank you!

pickup KOA Oct 16/4p
drop KOA Oct 19/4p
Glad AutoSlash was able to help you out ^ My family several years ago got the last rental car on the island over the last week of December -- a Jeep Wrangler. The 4WD was fantastic to have and enabled us to visit some incredible places. You won't regret having a SUV, except gas is wicked expensive.

I have a similar question -- are there any mid-week PCs for daily rentals (at most locations, non-NYC/etc. is fine)? The best I could find was PC# 173515 which is $5 off per day, but I was wondering if there was anything else out there for a 2-day rental.

-J.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Glad AutoSlash was able to help you out ^ My family several years ago got the last rental car on the island over the last week of December -- a Jeep Wrangler. The 4WD was fantastic to have and enabled us to visit some incredible places. You won't regret having a SUV, except gas is wicked expensive.

I have a similar question -- are there any mid-week PCs for daily rentals (at most locations, non-NYC/etc. is fine)? The best I could find was PC# 173515 which is $5 off per day, but I was wondering if there was anything else out there for a 2-day rental.

-J.
PC 135892 has been working like a champ lately at $10/day off and it's now been extended to 11/14/12.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
PC 135892 has been working like a champ lately at $10/day off and it's now been extended to 11/14/12.
I love that PC But I should have been more specific -- my rental is from a Tuesday through Thursday, so I can't take advantage of that PC. I'm guessing my $5/day PC is the best I'm going to get.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.