Search

Consolidated "Luggage Storage at Hawaii Airports?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by sportychick
Not sure how much luggage you have in total but our group of 8 people just went to Hy-Pac storage ( a company we found in the yellow pages)which is less than 5 minutes from the airport and rented a storage unit for 3 days when we left from HNL to Maui. Came back, got our luggage and went on to our next destination - total cost for 11 pieces of luggage was around $40 -well worth the hassle of dragging it around with us for those 3 days. From the looks of it, we weren't the only tourists storing luggage there as we saw two other cars doing the same thing. Cost would have been cheaper but we had to buy an $11 lock since we didn't bring one with us.
Great suggestion. Mental note to put it in the Guide to Connecting in HNL FAQ.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 12:28 am

Programs: Delta
I know that people often post questions here about long-term baggage storage when passing through HNL. I just learned of a company offering that service on another travel board:

http://www.honolulubaggagestorage.com/

I don't know anything about them, but thought it might be of interest. My apologies if this has already been posted.

Additional information that I've gleaned. Apparently they just started offering this service in the past week or so.

- - - - -

Minimum charge: $25.00 (cash or travellers check only). Includes up to 4 pieces of regular size luggage, airport pick up and drop off, for a period of up to 24 hours, during business hours.
If baggage is picked up at Waikiki Hotels please ad $5 for the first 24 hours.
Extra piece of luggage: $5.00 per piece.
Extra 24 hour period or fraction after the first day: $5.00 per bag per day or fraction of a day.
* 1 to 6 days: $5 per bag per day or fraction of a day.
* 7 or more days: $4 per bag per day or fraction of a day.
* 30 or more days: $3 per bag per day or fraction of a day.
Valuables: All valuables must be removed from your luggage.
Storage of larger valuables such as computers, cameras, etc, is available at $25.00 per day, must be worth no more than $1000.00 and must be declared beforehand.
After hours delivery: ad $35.00
Oversize item: ad $15 per item per day to the minimum charge.
Note: please be advised that oversize items must be able to be handled by a single operator and is conditional to the available space in our vans.
If you have any questions please call us at 808-447-9096 or email us at [email protected].

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 15, 2007 at 12:54 am Reason: Merged poster's two consecutive posts into one for housekeeping
Old Sep 19, 2007, 9:01 pm

Baggage Storage for Honolulu

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
I found the baggage storage section (in the parking lot area - next to the international terminal area)! The sign there (and elsewhere in the airport) indicated that baggage storage and lockers were still not (for security reasons) available or open.
I am from Honolulu and I have seen vans from companies that store luggage, I just Googled honolulu baggage storage and a couple companies were listed, you may want to try it. Good luck.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 2:12 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Lockers/Luggage Storage in Honolulu

Anyone know if there are luggage storage options available in the Honolulu Airport? I am stopping over for just a couple of days, and it would be nice to just leave the airport with a backpack.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:15 pm

Cool Baggage storage at Honolulu Airport

I'm confused, some people say there is a company doing bag storage for passengers and others say there is nothing.

The State Visitors Program gives out a tel # and recomends a company called Aloha Airport Delivery and Storage, the State Dept of transportation
Has this company listed under baggage storage, Has anyone used this company and is it in business doing baggage storage?

When traveling to Honolulu can One count on having a place to store bags while you go to Maui for a week or just want to go into Waikiki for the day?

Trip Advisor had some info on this and comments from a few passengers, I would like some input by Flyer Talk Passengers.
If anyone can comment on this, I would certainly appreciate it .

Thank You
Old Jun 28, 2009, 9:30 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Welcome to FlyerTalk A H U. Let me move this to our Travel->Hawaii forum for some assistance. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Luggage storage at HNL?

We have a 6 1/2 hour layover in HNL on Saturday and were hoping to head into the city and see pearl harbor, etc. We are traveling in a party of 6 (2 kids) and have a lot of carry-ons...is there any place to store our bags while we head into the city?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:56 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I've never used them, but see them mentioned time to time on other sites

http://www.alohaairportdeliveryandstorage.com/
Old Dec 3, 2009, 3:16 pm

I talked with an engineer who supervised an HNL project about 6 month's ago who says there is a left luggage service down stairs to the right. He couldn't recall the name but promised to get it. I will post an update when I get it, but you know Hawaiian time.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 3:53 pm

As said in "Fiddler on the Roof" And on the other hand:

A call to Airport Information said there is no on site storage, but Airport Luggage Services will come and pick it up and deliver it. phone number is 808-372-5411. Confirming this is:
http://www.fodors.com/community/unit...lu-airport.cfm

Other info on the web:

Honolulu Baggage Storage Forum
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...hu_Hawaii.html

Due to enhanced airport security requirements, baggage storage and locker facilities at Honolulu International Airport are not available. Several private companies provide storage lockers in the vicinity of the airport. The airport does not endorse any of the companies but lists them as a public service. Contact the company for availability and rates.
Honolulu Baggage Storage Phone: (808) 447-9096
Aloha Airport Delivery Phone: (808) 372-5411
Alii Stor-Mor Phone: (808) 836-0135
Hawaii Self Storage Phone: (808) 836-1500
http://hawaii.gov/hnl/customer-servi...age-facilities

If you choose to use a rental car for this purpose, be very careful as car break ins are very common in some sections of Hawaii.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:51 pm

Programs: no status
Wow, this is disappointing. I guess I will have to pay the checked luggage fee for my planned trip to ITO and KOA.

I assume that other US airports have a similar situation.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Luggage storage may be less expensive then paying the checked baggage fee.

It depends on the airport, for example Kennedy and Newark have storage on site, where Laguardia does not. There's no pattern, you need to check each one.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 6:59 pm

Smile luggage storage in honolulu

I was searching for luggage storage in Honolulu and as well as finding Flyertalk I found www.alohaairportdeliveryandstorage.com
They will collect 4 bags for $20 for the day - or longer storage at different rates. I emailed them and received an immediate reply - for 29 days a charge of $2.20 per day. They meet you at the airport and redeliver your bag to you on return. Bags can also be delivered to a hotel or cruise line for an extra $10. They also store golf clubs surfboards etc. They say there is information at airport counters about the company and they have been in operation since the lockers were closed.
Hope this is of some assistance.
Chris
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
To ressurrect an old thread -- this must call service is truly horrific and I wish I never used it. See more at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawai...ute-worst.html
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
HNL Left Luggage.

I have a 10 hour layover in HNL but don't want to take my bag with me whilst I do some quick sightseeing round the island. The HNL website says their locker service had been suspended for security reasons. Does anyone know if there are other facilities available ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.