Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Status Match on HA?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Status Match on HA?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:04 pm

It took almost two months to get a decision but I did get a match on HA. Called their main corporate office number and explained what I was requesting and was transferred to what I believe was their HawaiianMiles Promotions department (which seemed to be based in HNL and not the Philippines.) I was given Pualani Gold status although my status on the other carrier (UA) was higher (1P w/ 80K EQM).
Old Feb 26, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
I tried and got the absolute run around on the phones (I assume it was the Phillipines). I also tried to call the HA miles office and try there. It was a waste of a long distance call from Australia . They really did not understand the concept of a status match and kept saying NO you cant use your UA status on our flights. I kept saying yes, I know that, that is NOT what I was asking for. In the end, I decided to end the call politely and just give up. This was after 3 calls and asking to speak to a supervisor. It was useless

So, I would now like to request if you could please PM me the corporate office phone number so I can perhaps try again with people who do know what a status match is

Many thanks
Old Feb 7, 2013, 10:41 am

Does Hawaiian Airlines status match?

Does Hawaiian Airlines status match?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Hawaiian now has a status match procedure

I've been an airline elite on many airlines since 2002, with Diamond Medallion on Delta being the highest status I've ever achieved. Currently I have Gold Medallion Status with Delta (this is my first year not platinum or diamond since about 2004 or 2005) and Premier Silver status with United.

I recently moved to Kauai from San Francisco and I'm going to be doing a fair amount of flying between Kauai and Honolulu, as well as flights to the mainland. As I was checking in for an LIH-HNL flight this morning I was lamenting the fact that I have no status on HA and will be sitting in a normal coach seat, which I haven't done much in recent years. So I thought about the possibility of a status match. Before calling HA, I came to FlyerTalk to see what information there might be about status matches. Reading through this thread the answers are inconsistent. So I just decided to call. And I got a very succinct and to the point answer about how to apply for a status match.

Not having the corporate number (as suggested by hawaii777) handy, I just called the normal HawaiianMiles Service Center number (1-877-HA-MILES (1-877-426-4537)). I had to hold for perhaps 4 or 5 minutes; when the CSR answered I explained my situation (status on other airlines, just moved to Hawaii), and I told her that I wanted to see about a status match on Hawaiian Airlines. She immediately knew what I was asking for and gave me specific instructions on how to request a status match.

Here are the instructions:
  1. Go to www.hawaiianmiles.com/hmsc to get to HA's online "Email Us" form
  2. Fill out the form and in the message explain the request.
  3. Attach evidence of status on another airline, either a scan of the elite card or a printout of the status information from the website
  4. Attach a printout of your mileage statement from the previous year, that shows how you qualified for elite status on your other airline.

And that's it. I haven't yet sent my email to them, but I will do so soon. I will report back with my result.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Thanks I would be interested in the samething since I will hit 1k on United bt July
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA
As I was checking in for an LIH-HNL flight this morning I was lamenting the fact that I have no status on HA and will be sitting in a normal coach seat, which I haven't done much in recent years. So I thought about the possibility of a status match.
Good that they're doing something for you, but unless they'll match you to platinum, you're still going to be sitting in a normal coach seat. HA status is better than no status, but not by much.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by WrightHI
Good that they're doing something for you, but unless they'll match you to platinum, you're still going to be sitting in a normal coach seat. HA status is better than no status, but not by much.
I hadn't really checked the benefits; based on my experience with legacy mainland airlines, I assumed that both Pualani Platinum and Gold members would have some access to preferred coach seats for interisland flights (that they sell for $10). But based on your response, I did check the benefits, and it certainly isn't as good as I assumed. It looks like neither Gold or Platinum gets you preferred seats during purchase; it surprises me that Platinum does not get you this benefit. Based on the seat maps for my flights tomorrow, very few people are buying the preferred seats (mostly full planes, many preferred seats still available for purchase). For inter-island flights, it looks like Pualani Gold members don't have any access to preferred seats, and Pualani Platinum members only have access at web/kiosk check-in, or at the airport.

Indeed the benefits aren't great, except lounge access and complimentary baggage, the latter of which I won't have much opportunity to use on my inter-island trips (for example, tomorrow I'm just carrying a briefcase; I'm going to bike to LIH).
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
If it's worth the time to you to check with a live person at the airport, I suspect that you could get exit row or row 4 as a gold. I'm currently enjoying my first and probably only year as a plat, so haven't had a chance to try that since they added the paid preferred seats policy.

If you hang around here for a while, you'll see people getting pretty grumpy about HA's stingy elite benefits.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

Originally Posted by PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA
Originally Posted by WrightHI
I hadn't really checked the benefits; based on my experience with legacy mainland airlines, I assumed that both Pualani Platinum and Gold members would have some access to preferred coach seats for interisland flights (that they sell for $10). But based on your response, I did check the benefits, and it certainly isn't as good as I assumed. It looks like neither Gold or Platinum gets you preferred seats during purchase; it surprises me that Platinum does not get you this benefit. Based on the seat maps for my flights tomorrow, very few people are buying the preferred seats (mostly full planes, many preferred seats still available for purchase). For inter-island flights, it looks like Pualani Gold members don't have any access to preferred seats, and Pualani Platinum members only have access at web/kiosk check-in, or at the airport.

Indeed the benefits aren't great, except lounge access and complimentary baggage, the latter of which I won't have much opportunity to use on my inter-island trips (for example, tomorrow I'm just carrying a briefcase; I'm going to bike to LIH).
Plats also get interisland upgrades at t-24 but on the Plat heavy routes these can be hard to snag unless you're checking in exactly at 24 hours and F isn't already full. Unlike the legacies, these upgrades are not capacity controlled and have no fare class restriction so there is no priority for buying more expensive fare classes.

Plats also received two US-Mainland upgrades (more for the 75k level and these also apply to International flights) but again, first come first served at t-72.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
these also apply to International flights)
Is this only for Plats >75k?

Last edited by cblaisd; Apr 4, 2014 at 7:48 pm Reason: Fixed quote coding
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by 747FC
[QUOTE
these also apply to International flights)
Is this only for Plats >75k?[/QUOTE]

Yup. The parenthetical may not have been worded as carefully as it should have been worded!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by slippahs
Is this only for Plats >75k?
Yup. The parenthetical may not have been worded as carefully as it should have been worded![/QUOTE]

Thanks! Was not aware of that feature, since I am a lowly sub-75er
Old Nov 2, 2023, 7:30 am

Status Match - Yay or Nay

I contacted HA on 10/20 via their website to match my A-List Status. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from them and has anyone had any success matching with them lately?

TIA
Old Dec 3, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I didn’t know it was possible, would love to hear more about matching AA
Old Jan 3, 2024, 9:19 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by kf2k3
I contacted HA on 10/20 via their website to match my A-List Status. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from them and has anyone had any success matching with them lately?

TIA
Did this work out?
whkento likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.