Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card(s) Discussion Thread (2013-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, FPC Premier, HHonors Gold, BA Bronze
Not sure if this was discussed, but has any gold/plat members inquired on why the free baggage (via HA cc) doesn't apply? I just did my first trip with the new card the other week and 3 bags were free (platinum) but the 4th was to be charged an insane amount. Just doesn't seem right as an added benefit to the card member (one can argue that it's part of the annual fee)
Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by kbr420
Not sure if this was discussed, but has any gold/plat members inquired on why the free baggage (via HA cc) doesn't apply? I just did my first trip with the new card the other week and 3 bags were free (platinum) but the 4th was to be charged an insane amount. Just doesn't seem right as an added benefit to the card member (one can argue that it's part of the annual fee)
As long as you purchased the ticket with your Barclay/BOH HA CC (your post wasn't entirely clear), you should have gotten the 4th bag free:

Terms & conditions from https://www.hawaiianairlinesbohcard....ication.action
Baggage Fee Waiver

• The Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard Primary Cardmember is eligible to receive one (1) complimentary first checked bag on Hawaiian Airlines operated flights. This is only for travel between North America and Hawaii and between Neighbor Islands (interisland). International Flights are excluded.

• All ticket purchases (original and exchanges) must be made with a Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard.

• Ticket purchases must be made directly from Hawaiian Airlines (Hawaiian Airlines.com, Hawaiian Airlines Reservations department and Hawaiian Airlines airport ticket counters) to qualify for one complimentary checked bag. Tickets purchased from third parties (i.e. ID90, travel agencies, etc.) are not eligible.

• The Primary Cardmember must provide their HawaiianMiles account number associated with the credit card within their reservations any time prior to check-in. You must be a current Primary Cardmember upon check-in to be eligible.

• Offer is not valid on codeshare flight segments operated by Hawaiian Airlines and marketed by other airline partners. Please refer to our website: http://help.hawaiianairlines.com/app.../403/related/1 regarding codeshare baggage restrictions.

• Pualani Platinum, Pualani Gold and Premier Club Primary Cardmembers will receive an additional (1) complimentary checked bag in addition to their existing membership baggage allowance.

• Checked bag fee waiver is limited to the first bag for the Primary Cardmember only. Applicable overweight and excess baggage fees will apply. Please refer to www.HawaiianAirlines.com/bag-fees/ for more information on Hawaiian Airlines baggage policy..
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: HA Pualani Platinum, FPC Premier, HHonors Gold, BA Bronze
I did purchase with the new CC. I guess this issue needs to be made known to HA.

Too bad we cannot double/triple dip when traveling F. 3 for Plat, 2 for F and 1 for the HA CC!
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1 MM; HA Pualani Platinum
Originally Posted by hawaii777
Wondering if anyone here has gotten the Elite In-Flight Purchase credit to work properly. My brother did not get the purchase to reverse off/credit properly - his inquiry still being reviewed for 2 transactions on his last statement. I had my return flight purchase reverse off on it's own in 4 days after the original charge posted to the card, but my out-bound flight purchase still hasn't reversed off. My inquiry was "elevated" today for resolution.
It didn't work for me. I made a $6.50 purchase (the most expensive Heineken I've ever bought!) on HNL-JFK on 11 June. The charge showed up on my BoH HA (BarclayCard) bill but no reverse-off to date. On calling BoH customer service they did not know anything about the Elite In-Flight Purchase credit and shunted me over to the HA Miles desk. According to the representative there, I will receive the credit on the anniversary of my account. If this is true, BoH gets to use my money for the next 10 months! Is this true?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: HA - Pualani Plat; Avis FIRST; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by Hakalau
It didn't work for me. I made a $6.50 purchase (the most expensive Heineken I've ever bought!) on HNL-JFK on 11 June. The charge showed up on my BoH HA (BarclayCard) bill but no reverse-off to date. On calling BoH customer service they did not know anything about the Elite In-Flight Purchase credit and shunted me over to the HA Miles desk. According to the representative there, I will receive the credit on the anniversary of my account. If this is true, BoH gets to use my money for the next 10 months! Is this true?
made an inflight purchase on 4/25, it was credited/reversed on 5/6. All within the same billing period. YMMV

https://www.hawaiianairlinesbohcard....ication.action

from the terms and conditions (for your reference to get the charge reversed):

In-Flight Purchase Credit (Pualani Platinum and Pualani Gold Members Only)

• You must be a current Pualani Platinum or Pualani Gold HawaiianMiles member to be eligible for a maximum $100 annual statement credit towards In-Flight purchases.

• You will be allowed a $10 maximum In-Flight credit redemption per day for qualified purchases.

• Qualified purchases are:

In-Flight purchases such as but not limited to: onboard entertainment, beverages and premium meals.
Purchases must be made with your Hawaiian Airlines World Elite MasterCard.
Purchases that are made only on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
Duty-Free, preferred seating, class upgrades purchases are not included.
• If the total $100 annual credit has not been awarded by your credit card anniversary date, no residual credit will be carried over into the following cycle.

• In-Flight purchase credit benefit is good for one (1) year starting from the credit card open or anniversary date as long as HawaiianMiles Pualani Platinum or Gold membership is maintained. If you close your account, the remaining credit will be forfeited.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 1 MM; HA Pualani Platinum
Originally Posted by Hakalau
Charge was eventually reversed on 3 July, so approximately 3 weeks later. Must have been a computerized process, as BarclayCard Customer Service denied that there was any such program, in spite of me reading the terms of agreement to them. Obviously, they need more training.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Has anyone used the card in Europe yet? It seems (from what I read) the first transaction needs to be with a signature, but after that the card can be used with a PIN at kiosks that have no person available? But, most transactions will still require a signature? Even in restaurants? Seems weird and unnecessary. I am thinking of canceling my Diners Club now that I finally have another card with a chip and pin, but I guess I'll wait and test it out next month when I'm in Europe.

On another subject, I am enjoying being able to access my FICO score with just a click. ^
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Has anyone used the card in Europe yet? It seems (from what I read) the first transaction needs to be with a signature, but after that the card can be used with a PIN at kiosks that have no person available? But, most transactions will still require a signature? Even in restaurants? Seems weird and unnecessary. I am thinking of canceling my Diners Club now that I finally have another card with a chip and pin, but I guess I'll wait and test it out next month when I'm in Europe.

On another subject, I am enjoying being able to access my FICO score with just a click. ^
use it a walmart first, they have chip terminals built into the credit card readers at the cash registers now, and that should get you your first c&s transaction. (just in case you haven't done one yet.)

I've had trouble lately using the walmart terminals with my Amex Everyday Preferred card (also a chipped card). Not sure why.

-----

Here's an update on my attempt to churn the card and get the 35k bonus as part of the switch from FIA Card Services to Barclays.

I waited too long to cancel the old card and my information had already been sent to Barclays. I did tell FIA to cancel the card. I still got a card in the mail from Barclays, but it was eventually cancelled without doing anything else. Then I tried to apply for a new one online and it was denied with "too many applications". I waited a month or two and finally called the number in the letter, I explained what I was trying to do, the agent asked permission to do another hard pull, and I did eventually get the new card. 35k miles deposited last week. Once nice touch was the email I got after I met the 1k spend from Barclays telling me that I had earned the 35k bonus.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Aug 14, 2014 at 12:03 am
Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
This has probably been answered, but I could not find it:

Does the credit card holder have to be one of the 2 travelers when using the 50% off companion discount? "Primary cardholder must be one of the passengers on the flight record" seems pretty clear but I wonder if anyone has been able to work anything else out. Thanks.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Question Business Card and 35K miles needed for Mainland to Hawaii?

If I get the business card are the miles needed for the super saver trip from the US mainland to Hawaii still 35K round-trip (like the personal card) or it is 40K round trip?

Someone earlier in this thread said the old card (pre-Barcalays) only showed him 40K round-trip instead of the 35K. I would like to know if it is the same 40K before I pull the trigger on the business card. Thanks, in advance.

Also, I see the terms of the Barcaly's HA Business card does allow you to transfer/pool miles into the business card. I hope it works!. However, it doesn't include the 1 checked bag free like the personal card.

Last edited by miles_navigator; Sep 10, 2014 at 7:49 am
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Has anyone used the card in Europe yet?
I've used mine for paying for my Extend-Stay Hotel and at restaurants in the area and just signed for it....

I've had no issues at all using it here.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:05 pm

I should have been more clear. Have you used it in Europe and signed or used your PIN? I didn't doubt the the card would be accepted.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 1:24 am

I should have been more clear. Have you used it in Europe and signed or used your PIN? I didn't doubt the the card would be accepted.
You want to ask about using it at an unattended location, like a ticket machine or gas pump, right?

That's where they claim it would work as C&P if you have set up your PIN in advance and activated it by using it in any type of chipped terminal ahead of time (e.g., Walmart, for example). I don't believe they claimed it would work as C&P everywhere. it sounds like a hybrid profile on the card.

-David
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
You want to ask about using it at an unattended location, like a ticket machine or gas pump, right?

That's where they claim it would work as C&P if you have set up your PIN in advance and activated it by using it in any type of chipped terminal ahead of time (e.g., Walmart, for example). I don't believe they claimed it would work as C&P everywhere. it sounds like a hybrid profile on the card.

-David
I guess I won't get an answer until I try it myself - next week.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:01 pm

I guess I won't get an answer until I try it myself - next week.
haha .. I forgot to try it in August. Let us know.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.