Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transferring HA miles to Hilton HHonors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring HA miles to Hilton HHonors

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:38 pm

I'm also curious how they track transferrable miles. What happens say, if I exchange my SPG converted miles with someone's HA credit card bonus miles (unlimited sharing allowed for CC holders) ? Do I then end up with "good miles" I can transfer to HH and they end up with my untransferrable miles?

It seems like a really complicated system to keep track of.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
According to the Webflyer Mileage Converter, you can convert them directly from SPG to Hilton.
Where do you see the direct conversion? I only see through Hawaiian (which apparantly is not allowed) or a really unfavorable exchange through Virgin or Mexicana.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by msc75
Where do you see the direct conversion? I only see through Hawaiian (which apparantly is not allowed) or a really unfavorable exchange through Virgin or Mexicana.
I apologize, I must have been looking at something else.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:02 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RLG
Does anyone know how this restriction is applied in practice?

Does an agent "eyeball" your account history or is there some counter of "bad" amex miles versus "good" HA miles?
While I don't have a definitive answer, I infer my experience that there probably is indeed some eyeballing going on. It's a two-stage process. You make your request by phone, and then a few days later an HNL-based (non-outsourced, iow) agent calls you and reviews your request.

When I last did it, I had the distinct impression that she was indeed eyeballing my account, because she made mention of the 5K HA miles that had been transferred into my account by my, coff, "brother-in-law" and she noted how nice that was for him to do for me.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: United, AA, Hilton
HA Miles to Hhonors

I know one of the OP's stated it took just over 3 weeks. I requested mine on Jan 2nd and still nothing (just over 2 weeks) I am just wondering if maybe they all post at the end of the month or every 1st and 3rd weeks? Is there a data point out there?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I also requested mine on Jan. 2 and still nothing. The website says 10-15 business days and when I call they tell me 2-4 weeks but we are past both of those.
For the last few days they have been telling me that they sent Hilton a message and are just waiting to hear back. I called Hilton and they said they have no record of any transaction/transfer attempt or any correspondence with HA.

Frustrated.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: United, AA, Hilton
Posting Time Frame

I got mine posted on Feb 2nd... one day less than a full month, but it took me calling Hhonors demanding they research it, then I demanded Hawaiian to research it, they gave me the standard language about two to four weeks, but I knew that my stuff wasn't going to post. Finally the posted. It seems to be more on Hiltons end rather than Hawaiian. Hawaiian sent it over to hilton two weeks after I requested it....the rest of the time was waiting for hilton to post.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I had the same experience with AA and Hilton a few months ago. I had also transferred from HA and they posted without a problem.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 9:54 am
Community Director Emerita

I requested that Hawaiian Airlines move points to Hilton Hhonors on February 2. They showed up in my Hhonors account today, February 20.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I requested that Hawaiian Airlines move points to Hilton Hhonors on February 2. They showed up in my Hhonors account today, February 20.
Mine were requested on 2/8 and also showed up today, February 20th....

Must be that they send them over in "batches"... or process them that way...
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Anyone had recent experience with this? I transferred mine (including the call from Hawaiian confirming the transfer) on Feb. 29th and they haven't posted yet in my HH account.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Anyone had recent experience with this? I transferred mine (including the call from Hawaiian confirming the transfer) on Feb. 29th and they haven't posted yet in my HH account.
I did this back in January and I remember the HA agent telling me it may take 4-6 weeks for the transfer to finalize. They told me I would receive a call to verify the transfer, which I did the following day. Overall I believe it did take the full 4 weeks to transfer. I wouldn't worry, you should be getting the points very soon.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Ok, thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rookie10
I did this back in January and I remember the HA agent telling me it may take 4-6 weeks for the transfer to finalize. They told me I would receive a call to verify the transfer, which I did the following day. Overall I believe it did take the full 4 weeks to transfer. I wouldn't worry, you should be getting the points very soon.
Superb prediction! When I checked last night, the points had posted. Thanks again.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
kids points

I know HA points have to transferred to the same account holder at HH, but has anyone transferred points for a kid (under 18). Both mine have 5,200 and 7800. I supposed I could get them each a HH account and then transfer their HH points to mine, but it sure would be more expeditious if I could transfer them to my HH directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.