Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Montreal Mini-Do dinners May 22 and May 24

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Montreal Mini-Do dinners May 22 and May 24

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2008, 6:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Montreal Pride

I just started a threat on Montreal Pride, I hope that is alright with everyone.
Old Apr 26, 2008, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
are they going to have one this year Travis?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
I am glad I saw this thread before I planned out my May travel. Though I might not be able to be there that week, I am going to try and juggle other commitments.

I really love Pigfoot, especially now that foie gras is verbten in Chicago. For the vegetarian, I suggest that this resto be skipped.

I am always trying to get FTers to YUL, so hopefully this will pan out for me, schedule-wise. Regardless, if I can be any help on logistics and event planning, please let me know. I am in Montreal almost as often as I am in Chicago.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
I just started a threat on Montreal Pride, I hope that is alright with everyone.
You are threatening Montreal pride? Should I inform the Suret?
Old Apr 27, 2008, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Derek
I am glad I saw this thread before I planned out my May travel. Though I might not be able to be there that week, I am going to try and juggle other commitments.

I really love Pigfoot, especially now that foie gras is verbten in Chicago. For the vegetarian, I suggest that this resto be skipped.

I am always trying to get FTers to YUL, so hopefully this will pan out for me, schedule-wise. Regardless, if I can be any help on logistics and event planning, please let me know. I am in Montreal almost as often as I am in Chicago.
Derek-I do hope you can meet up with us=it is Memorial day weekend so it will be a little crowded-but nothing like divercite or the Black and Blue fete.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Derek
You are threatening Montreal pride? Should I inform the Suret?
Travis is a cutie-and with his beautiful smile I doubt anyone would find him a threat(except to their heartstrings)
Old Apr 27, 2008, 9:56 pm

I posted in the Montreal Pride thread and just saw this one!

I'd totally join you guys but already have plans for MEX for Memorial Day. I haven't been back to YUL for a while and it's about time... so how about another mini-do for Divers/Cite? Sounds like a fun weekend too!

Have fun and enjoy the strippers
Old Apr 28, 2008, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by JCinNYC
Have fun and enjoy the strippers
You mean the ballet, n'est-ce pas?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:57 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
Did someone ring?

Given the quality of ballet in Montreal (it doesn't stink, but not worth traveling for - the modern dance there is stronger) I'd say by all means, go for the strippers.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:01 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
J'suis idiot - I just read your other post - you mean the strippers really bill what they do in Montreal as "interpretive dance?"

I wonder if that makes it tax deductible for me?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:17 am
Original Poster

"Have fun and enjoy the strippers "

What????I strictly go for the art,the music and the food

There are Male Strippers in Montreal????
"J'suis idiot - I just read your other post - you mean the strippers really bill what they do in Montreal as "interpretive dance?"
"I'm not a stripper. At these prices, I'm an ecdysiast!"
Why I never
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
J'suis idiot - I just read your other post - you mean the strippers really bill what they do in Montreal as "interpretive dance?"

LOL! The Ballet is where business folks take clients in from out of town. The all you can eat buffet at Le Club Super Sexe is quite popular at lunchtime, apparently ("Agh - un poil dans ma soupe!"). So I figured the boys in the east end are providing something akin to interpretive dance.

Now, I would definitely say a trip to Montreal fits in nicely with your job description. You cannot appreciate the Joffrey until you've seen Paco walk on his hands wearing nothing but a tiny, litte rubber band... You can even tell the bouncer that you need to take hi res photos to show the IRS that you were indeed on a business trip
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: A shadow of my former self
Last time I was at Campus (pronounced à la française calm-POOSE, n'est-ce pas?), the best thing I got for my 2 hours was genuinely helpful and, it turned out, accurate roofing advice from the burly interpretive dancer. That could definitely be written off.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy

Assuming they give receipts! BTW, how does one tip the "interpretive dancers" in Canada? Their version of the dollar, the Loonie is a coin which I'd imagine presents all sorts of logistical issues...

Just curious.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by nroscoe
how does one tip the "interpretive dancers" in Canada? Their version of the dollar, the Loonie is a coin which I'd imagine presents all sorts of logistical issues...
I'm sure they'll accept (grudgingly) Yankee money as well - though a shiny blue paper bill in local currency here work the best... (so I've heard)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.