Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gay Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:45 am

spa recommendation

Tokioblue recommended Oedo Onsen Monogatari http://www.ooedoonsen.jp/higaeri/english/

My partner was there a few years ago and thought it was great. It's more of a traditional social experience rather than a private western spa atmosphere. You can get massages and lots of different food there too. Just be prepared for traditional Japanese cleansing prior to walking around the mens only areas with your 1 itsy bitsy towel, lol . At least that's all he was given when he was there!

Were definitely going, just not sure what day. Tokioblue may chime in with alternates, and ill report back with any new experiences.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 9:00 pm

Question Living the experience rather than sight-seeing

Hi there,

I am travelling solo to Japan (Tokyo) from 15/May - 27/May, but the 1st week will be spent in Mt. Fuji doing some self-pain-inflicting trail running race, and going back to Tokyo for the following week.

Well, I have gone through the threads (all 11 pages!), there are some tips on accommodation and night scene, but really, I am not particularly fond of clubbing or late night drinking. Is there any other way to experience the gay scene in Tokyo, or anything about Tokyo rather than going through the list of places? Things like [.....sitting the park, chit chat with the friendly homeless people living in the park....(I read it from somwhere )...], or anything without having me to have my photo taken infront of a building, posing "V" sign.

I am early 30s (but look late 30s ) ), travel on tight budget, nature lover, Malaysian chinese but quite frequently mistaken as Japenese

Your guidance and helps are much appreciated.

rgds
shine
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by shineakashine
Hi there,

I am travelling solo to Japan (Tokyo) from 15/May - 27/May, but the 1st week will be spent in Mt. Fuji doing some self-pain-inflicting trail running race, and going back to Tokyo for the following week.

Well, I have gone through the threads (all 11 pages!), there are some tips on accommodation and night scene, but really, I am not particularly fond of clubbing or late night drinking. Is there any other way to experience the gay scene in Tokyo, or anything about Tokyo rather than going through the list of places? Things like [.....sitting the park, chit chat with the friendly homeless people living in the park....(I read it from somwhere )...], or anything without having me to have my photo taken infront of a building, posing "V" sign.

I am early 30s (but look late 30s ) ), travel on tight budget, nature lover, Malaysian chinese but quite frequently mistaken as Japenese

Your guidance and helps are much appreciated.

rgds
shine
I just got back from Tokyo. Most of the gay scene happens in and around the bars. But, you will find some restaurant-lounges in Shinjuku Ni-Chome where gay men hang out, too.

Also, if you're on a budget and like to people-watch the Starbucks right above the Tsutaya music store outside the Shibuya train station has a great viewpoint of the famous street crossing featured in several movies. The locals refer to it as "the scramble". And, it's totally free to visit the top of the Metropolitan Government Building - there are two towers, North and South, and each have different visiting hours. There's even an Italian-style bar and cafe at the top. But, it's free otherwise. Lastly, Yoyogi Park and Imperial Palace are both free to visit. The East Gardens at the Imperial Palace are especially beautiful.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
I was going through my notes and photos, shineakashine, and wanted to further mention a place called "Cocolo Cafe" ("cocolo" means "hearts"). I didn't go inside, but my Japanese friend said it is very gay-friendly and a lot of gay men go there. Also, there's a restaurant called "Mamma Mia!" on the main drag you might like.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Anyone has any recommendations for massage by man in Tokyo? I cannot speak Japanese and would be nice if the outlet allows foreigners to patronize their services. Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: *A
Looking for any tips from recent travelers. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.