Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gran Canaria

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Gran Canaria

I haven't been to Gran Canaria in years, and am considering another visit. Has anyone visited recently and what are your impressions and recommendations. Is it still rather busy or has it gone off the boil? Thank you.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:46 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Last there this Easter (2016). Easter was surprisingly slow generally (less busy than February 2015), but gay life was busy. My impression is that very many of my gay friends are there now for Christmas/New Year.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
I was there for a week in November 2014 (the week after winter pride). It was the first time I'd been to Gran Canaria and I absolutely loved it! I guess YMMV depending on what you're seeking out of it - I went for the sole purpose of partying for the week and it certainly didn't disappoint Yumbo centre had plenty of choice for different bars and clubs and even though supposedly it was one of the quieter weeks of the year it was still quite busy.

Next time I go to Gran Canaria I really do want to hire a car and explore the island a bit as Playa del Ingles is undoubtedly manufactured tourism and certainly a world away from some of the sights the island has to offer.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:39 am
Suspended

What is it like around Christmas/New Years?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Would it be a good solo destination for NYE?
Old Aug 15, 2020, 6:10 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Would it be a good solo destination for NYE?
Haven't been there for the holidays proper, but seeing how many gays go there for Christmas/NYE, I would presume so. At least for Scandinavians Playa del Ingles is both a singles and a couples destination.

Of course, this year might be different, due to travel restrictions. It is, however, important to note that those countries differentiating between Spanish regions when it comes to travel restrictions, still have the Canaries open. This must be weighed against the fact that social distancing is not the aspect foremost in mind when making a gaycation in Gran Canaria!
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ksu
Haven't been there for the holidays proper, but seeing how many gays go there for Christmas/NYE, I would presume so. At least for Scandinavians Playa del Ingles is both a singles and a couples destination.

Of course, this year might be different, due to travel restrictions. It is, however, important to note that those countries differentiating between Spanish regions when it comes to travel restrictions, still have the Canaries open. This must be weighed against the fact that social distancing is not the aspect foremost in mind when making a gaycation in Gran Canaria!
Oh, I was talking in general. Not necessarily this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.