Wiki Posts
Search

Who regulates Uber in Munich?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Complaining will be easy; finding a resolution somewhat less so. Without details, there is little more to add to this thread.
I agree. Without specifics, it is impossible.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Sorry for my delay in responding (I've been traveling and consumed with other matters). I think the problem may have been created by Uber's faulty Munich navigation system, which showed me a very low price range for UberX from my hotel to the airport, so that even with surge pricing, it looked very reasonable and I booked it. (Their navigation system also told me the car was 1 minute away when it fact it had arrived several minutes earlier and was waiting; the driver told me that there had been many problems with it.)
Uber ultimately charged me about 75 Euros more than the app had shown, and though they refunded about 25 Euros after I challenged the charge, they neither refunded the rest of the overcharge nor even pretended to address the fact that they'd displayed the wrong fare, which I had accepted, and then changed it unilaterally, alleging instead only that they had charged the correct fare for the ride.
As I said below, I have challenged the overcharge with my credit card company.
Thank you all for your comments. I will use myTaxi in Munich in the future.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
The key question here is going to be:

Do you have any evidence that Uber quoted the price, that they originally did?

I'm not doubting your story - I am merely pointing out what Uber will likely come back with, in the credit card dispute. Given that they have not acknowledged to you, that they quoted a lower price, they are not likely to acknowledge that to the credit card company either.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, I believe this will be a futile exercise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.