Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Group transportation from/to FRA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Group transportation from/to FRA

I'll be part of group of 20-30 adults and 12-14-year-olds that will be spending a weekend in Weinheim (about 40 minutes south of Frankfurt) in March. Does anybody know of resources to book group transportation from/to FRA? I know it's easy enough to get from FRA to Weinheim via train, but I'm less sure about getting back in time for a 10:00am flight back to the US, especially given having to herd a bunch of jet-lagged (west coast, so 8-9 hours) kids through the train system early Monday morning.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to FT! I recommend that you arrange a private bus transfer from/to FRA. I've just done a Google search for you and there are plenty of service providers, mostly linked to travel agencies/Reisebüros. I can't recommend anyone in particular, as I've never booked this, but I can't imagine you'll have a very difficult time finding one. Have you considered asking the hotel where you are staying for their recommendation?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
What about Sixt Limo services? http://www.sixtlimousine.com/fleet/

n/m. I just read how large your group is.

A private bus is perfect.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you.

I'd poked around a bit on Google, but was a bit skeptical of the results I was getting - companies offering limo/bus service for hundreds of cities, for example. Adding "Reisebüro" to the search totally helped. We might also reach out to the hotel, although that would require us actually agreeing on a hotel, etc.. Unfortunately, while there is a group of us going, there's no actual organization, we're all kind of on our own for booking everything.

We're also a bit constrained by luggage: we're going to a fencing tournament, so every kid will have roughly the equivalent of a golf bag in addition to regular luggage. At least we're only there for a couple of days so we don't need that much in the way of clothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.