Wiki Posts
Search

Mail offer for TR CC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Mail offer for TR CC

Today I received a piece of mail from TR. There was a big picture of the TR CC on the front. I thought to myself, "Oh geez. I already have this card why are they sending me this?"

I opened it, and was pleasantly surprised! Spend $750 (outside of TR resorts) between July 22 and August 22 and get 1,500 rewards credits. It's not a pile of gold but at least they are trying. I know I'm going to take advantage of this.

This is a sign up type offer. You need to activate it. I don't know if everyone is eligible but here is what it says:

Visit Caesars.com/VisaEarnMore
Enter your TR #
Start using your card on July 22 to earn 1,500 Rewards Credits!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I got a flyer yesterday with the same link but different offer.

It was for double reward credits on my visa from July 22 to August 22 (only double credit on purchases that normally earn 1 credit per dollar not bonus categories).

Unfortunately it maxes out at 8K bonus credits but still a good deal since I have a lot of business expenses this month.

Also received an offer last month that if I put at least $5k on the card this year I will keep my Platinum status at Harrah's so great way to keep that as well since I don't gamble that much.

I wish they would have an offer where you could get Diamond status with Harrah's with a certain spend and I would use the card a lot.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
They can't afford to crowd the diamond lounges too much. I really really doubt there will ever be a way to reach diamond status through a CC. I was in Vegas a few months ago and I was Platinum as a result of the card. I asked one of the TR ladies if the number of platinum members had quadrupled. She said yes because of the TR CC.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pwd847
They can't afford to crowd the diamond lounges too much. I really really doubt there will ever be a way to reach diamond status through a CC. I was in Vegas a few months ago and I was Platinum as a result of the card. I asked one of the TR ladies if the number of platinum members had quadrupled. She said yes because of the TR CC.
Look at all the problems it causing Hilton with how freely they are giving out status with credit card spend, I don't blame TR.

It would be nice if they still waived the resort fees for Platinums, if they did Harrah's would get all my vegas stays instead of Hilton now that HGVC is charging a $25 a day resort fee (and they won't waive it for Hilton Diamonds).

I hope that the ability to keep Platinum with only a $5K a year spend will become a permanent feature on the card. That status is great when it comes to Buffet lines and the credit card is an easy way to keep points active as well.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL silver,Hilton Gold,Marriott,VA,Amex Plat,Hertz Gold
Cancelled my card. Every time I used it to charge at Total Rewards properties in Vegas, I was allowed to charge once. Every subsequent charge was denied. I had no balance on card & have had it for approx 3 yrs. Happened again this week. Called Comenity bank & they stated that everything was OK & that a block was put on on the charges because I was in Vegas. Now I go to Vegas 7-8 times per year, why does this continually happen ? Before I left this time, I called & told them I was going to be in Vegas & was assured by the rep that there would be no problem.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Look at all the problems it causing Hilton with how freely they are giving out status with credit card spend, I don't blame TR.

It would be nice if they still waived the resort fees for Platinums, if they did Harrah's would get all my vegas stays instead of Hilton now that HGVC is charging a $25 a day resort fee (and they won't waive it for Hilton Diamonds).

I hope that the ability to keep Platinum with only a $5K a year spend will become a permanent feature on the card. That status is great when it comes to Buffet lines and the credit card is an easy way to keep points active as well.
When the "new" TR card started there was no spend requirement for the platinum. I'm fine with $5K since I have some charges that don't take AMEX and it might limit the members. They now have VIP status for a $10K spend. I hit that a while back and recently received my letter that says I can' pick up the card at a couple of locations (only one I remember at the moment is Planet Hollywood). It's good for a year and it doesn't start until the card is activated/picked up so you can use that to your advantage.

Also received the email regarding the month of double credits and signed up for that so I'll use the card a little more this month.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
When the "new" TR card started there was no spend requirement for the platinum. I'm fine with $5K since I have some charges that don't take AMEX and it might limit the members. They now have VIP status for a $10K spend. I hit that a while back and recently received my letter that says I can' pick up the card at a couple of locations (only one I remember at the moment is Planet Hollywood). It's good for a year and it doesn't start until the card is activated/picked up so you can use that to your advantage.

Also received the email regarding the month of double credits and signed up for that so I'll use the card a little more this month.
I thought you were only to get the Platinum status the first year as a sign up bonus. I remember being told you had Platinum status for a year and receiving the two free 24 hour buffet passes for signing up.

If they keep giving out platinum status with $5K spend I'm fine with it. I've charged over $10K this year but haven't received the VIP pass invite, I'll ask about it next time I'm in vegas.

With the double points my post card said it was limited to $8K but the email said $10K
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I thought you were only to get the Platinum status the first year as a sign up bonus. I remember being told you had Platinum status for a year and receiving the two free 24 hour buffet passes for signing up.

If they keep giving out platinum status with $5K spend I'm fine with it. I've charged over $10K this year but haven't received the VIP pass invite, I'll ask about it next time I'm in vegas.

With the double points my post card said it was limited to $8K but the email said $10K
I could be wrong about the Platinum each year, but it doesn't matter any more. I also got the 2 buffet passes but only got to use one. You should get the letter, but if not you can check in Vegas (as I said there was only a couple of places to pick up the card).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.