FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mail offer for TR CC
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:49 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
When the "new" TR card started there was no spend requirement for the platinum. I'm fine with $5K since I have some charges that don't take AMEX and it might limit the members. They now have VIP status for a $10K spend. I hit that a while back and recently received my letter that says I can' pick up the card at a couple of locations (only one I remember at the moment is Planet Hollywood). It's good for a year and it doesn't start until the card is activated/picked up so you can use that to your advantage.

Also received the email regarding the month of double credits and signed up for that so I'll use the card a little more this month.
I thought you were only to get the Platinum status the first year as a sign up bonus. I remember being told you had Platinum status for a year and receiving the two free 24 hour buffet passes for signing up.

If they keep giving out platinum status with $5K spend I'm fine with it. I've charged over $10K this year but haven't received the VIP pass invite, I'll ask about it next time I'm in vegas.

With the double points my post card said it was limited to $8K but the email said $10K