Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Total Rewards & Starwood Preferred Guest Reciprocal Partnership [Ended Dec 31, 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Total Rewards & Starwood Preferred Guest Reciprocal Partnership [Ended Dec 31, 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt

Caesars Entertainment Total Rewards & Starwood Preferred Guest have a reciprocal partnership that beings January 9th.

From Caesars Total Rewards (Registration and Details Link):

Earn and redeem at more locations than ever before.

Total Rewards and Starwood Hotels & Resorts have teamed up to give you even more options to make the most out of your rewards. Register now and start enjoying benefits with the Total Rewards and SPG programs – like Reward Credits for eligible stays with Starwood, and Starpoints® on eligible stays with Caesars Entertainment. You'll also be able to redeem your Reward Credits for stays at more than 1,100 Starwood Hotels & Resorts across 9 distinctive brands like St. Regis, W, Westin, and more – in nearly 100 countries.

More Options. More Earning.

Registered Total Rewards Platinum, Diamond and Seven Stars members will earn Reward Credits for stays and on property spend at over 1,100 Starwood locations in addition to Starpoints earned through Starwood Preferred Guest® (SPG®).

Redeem Reward Credits Worldwide

Dreaming of hitting the slopes in Aspen, relaxing in Bora Bora or living it up in Rio? Your Total Rewards membership can take you around the globe to places like this and more – redeem Reward Credits for stays at St. Regis, Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Sheraton, Westin, and more.

Exclusive Seven Stars Benefits

Once registered, Seven Stars guests automatically earn Gold status in the
SPG program. Enjoy exclusive benefits like 3 Starpoints per dollar for eligible
spend at Starwood hotels, late check-out, enhanced rooms, and more.
From SPG (Registration and Details Link):

More Ways to Redeem. Go All In.
SPG members can redeem Starpoints for stays at participating Caesars Entertainment hotels.
Plus, SPG members can redeem Starpoints for exclusive MomentsSM by SPG experiences. See what's live now at SPG.com/moments

More Ways to Earn. No Luck Required.
Registered SPG members earn 2 Starpoints® for every eligible $1 charged to their hotel folio at Caesars Entertainment hotels (in addition to Reward Credits earned through Total Rewards, Caesars Entertainment’s award-winning loyalty program).
Plus, registered SPG members earn credit toward SPG elite qualification for redeemed and paid Caesars Entertainment stays, up to 10 nights per calendar year.
Earn and redeem begins January 9.
Here's VFTW's take and here's TPG's take.

I'm interested to see what the rates are to redeem TR points for SPG award stays.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:33 am

This is very interesting indeed.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
The "Redeem Rewards" link on the registration page is now live. I looked at a few locations across a few different dates and couldn't quickly figure out how the rates are determined (when comparing them to the lowest available paid rate and SPG points required). While I didn't see anything that looked like a great deal, it is nice to have this option.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Just thought I'd share - I received SPG EQNs on comp'd nights at LV TR properties where I had some meals charged to the room that I paid for using my CC but I didn't receive SPG EQNs on comp'd nights at LV TR properties where I had no charges on the folio.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Just thought I'd share - I received SPG EQNs on comp'd nights at LV TR properties where I had some meals charged to the room that I paid for using my CC but I didn't receive SPG EQNs on comp'd nights at LV TR properties where I had no charges on the folio.
Ahhhh.....this explains how I magically became SPG gold despite 0 stays this past year.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Bumping an old thread to ask if anyone has seen an indication of how the Marriott/Starwood merger will affect this program. I never stay at SPG properties so I'm hoping it transfers to Marriott.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
From everything going online, it sounds like they are still keeping stays in their respective programs. So I can only assume this means that I will get credit for SPG nights but not Marriott.

Previous stays at RIO Credited points and nights to SPG.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Is this reciprocal partnership still in existence? It seems like all references to it on SPG website are gone, and the links that used to work at TR website are also no longer functioning.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 10:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Is this reciprocal partnership still in existence? It seems like all references to it on SPG website are gone, and the links that used to work at TR website are also no longer functioning.
It's dead (with surprisingly little notice it seems -- I'd already heard about it on FT before I received a notification in email from TR on Dec 23)

SPG forum thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...2016-a-37.html

see post #547 onward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.