Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier giving erroneous expiration dates for miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Being quite leery of Frontier these days, I have been calling them every month and asking when my points expire. They have been telling me each time that they expire 4/1/16. TODAY, when I tried to use them they said that they had expired on 11/16/2015.
Then they told me if I booked a revenue fare this month, that they would not expire. I thought about it and called back, and they said that that was not the case. This is the tip of the iceberg with this company. I could go on, but they certainly don't care, so why bother.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:15 pm

When did you last earn any new points?

Frontier announced that Beginning March 7, 2015 points would expire six months after the last points earned.

A date of 11/16/2015 implies the last points were earned on 5/16/2015, after the change in the program.

A date of 4/1/16 means the last points were earned on 10/1/15 again after the change in the program,

Likely these points pre-date the change in the program and the date was never updated in their computers.

Previously points expired after 18 months. 4/1/16 would mean the points were earned 10/1/2014. However when Frontier announced the change in the program they also said:
if you don't acquire new miles by September 7, 2015, the miles you've accrued through March 6, 2015 will expire on September 7, 2015 and won't be available for use.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Nov 24, 2015 at 7:40 pm
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:15 pm

I have had the same issue with a wrong Frontier Early Returns mileage expiration date, however, they provided me with an erroneous expiration date via the website.

I checked the website in early October and the expiration date on my miles was listed as April 30, 2016. When I logged in on December 1, 2015, the website indicated that my 25K+ mileage had expired on November 10, 2015.

I called Frontier's customer service line to see if I could straighten out this situation. I went through the first line customer service manager and they did not acknowledge their error on the website and they would not credit back my miles. The kept quoting the 18 months expiration policy. The next level of customer service management was tasked to call me back for further discussion. I have not yet heard back from them.

They made the mistake by misinforming the consumer. I would have taken action to preserve mileage if I was given the correct date. I would like to know if others have experienced this issue...I'm not done with them.

Last edited by landerks; Dec 4, 2015 at 3:29 pm
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:28 pm

Seems to be a typo in here somewhere.

I checked the website in early October and the expiration date on my miles was listed as April 30, 2015. When I logged in on December 1, 2015, the website indicated that my 25K+ mileage had expired on November 10, 2015.
When did you last earn points?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:53 pm

I don't know when I last earned points. When I attempt to review my flight history on Frontier.com by clicking "Past Trips" the website states "You have no past flights." Obviously, I have a history of earning over 25K of mileage with them. When I click on "Search more history" back to 2002, the search returns nothing.

I also find it interesting that my account now shows 0 points and the expiration of the 25K of mileage on November 10, 2015 no longer appears. It is now as if I have no history whatsoever with Frontier. This change has occurred since I called their customer service line twice and had an extended discussion about this situation.

I have not yet received a call back from their management with an explanation after three days. I am growing impatient with this situation. I was hoping they would do the right thing and work with me on a reasonable resolution. Looks like they are sticking their heads in the sand and covering their tracks. I am not done with them.

Yes, that date in original post was incorrect. I have have corrected it to April 30, 2016.

Last edited by landerks; Dec 4, 2015 at 4:03 pm
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:07 pm

I'm uncertain what Frontier will or should do in these situations. It seems clear they are not communicating accurate information and this is not the only problem with their website, as you found with the history search. But on the other hand their announcement of program changes was pretty specific so customers were on notice of the change in expiration dates.

There was a recent major change in the appearance of their site but I haven't had time to check whether they fixed any of the bugs I have found.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:09 pm

The exact same thing just happened to my account with them. Had 41,039 miles last week with an expiration date showing June of 2016. I logged in today and it shows 0 miles. I called in and they said miles are expired. They even acknowledged that they are aware of the erroneous miles expiration date when customers login, yet they are not honoring that date. I filed a BBB complaint just now at https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started . We will see how it gets resolved.

By the way the rep on the phone said that if i pay $30 to purchase 1,000 more miles she would reinstate my miles as a courtesy, since they are aware of the problem. I said that is not fair, given the error was on their part. I will see where it goes with the BBB. If not my brother is an attorney and i will just have him send them a letter and may just take it to small claims as a matter of principle since this seems to be a widespread issue affecting all members.

Last edited by longleaf; Dec 15, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
BBB doesn't have much power. Not really sure who could so anything about it, but giving false info on mileage expiration, tricking customers into losing their miles is pretty low. I don't mind the low cost model, but deceptive business practices isn't right.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
BBB doesn't have much power. Not really sure who could so anything about it, but giving false info on mileage expiration, tricking customers into losing their miles is pretty low. I don't mind the low cost model, but deceptive business practices isn't right.
Apparently they have some power. Two days after i sent the complaint in to the Denver BBB, my miles are back
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by longleaf
Apparently they have some power. Two days after i sent the complaint in to the Denver BBB, my miles are back
I have also filed a complaint with BBB. I'll report back on my result.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
The expiration date on my account was showing 0/0/0001 for a long time, then all of a sudden this week it was 1/1/99.
I have called in various times and have been given different expiration dates after consulting with a manager.
I totally expected my miles expiring on 12/31/15 - 6 months after the last activity - and rushed to make a booking this week.
However, I realized that in the rush I had made a mistake and cancelled the booking within the 24-hr cancel period.
Low and behold, to my pleasant surprise the miles returned instantly into my account and the expiration date has been reset to 6 months out into 2016.

Would anyone know if this new reset date can be trusted as legitimate ?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:54 am

There is clearly someting wrong with the expiration dates on the website. Frontier is clearly aware of the problem. They have expired some of these miles when they are used. If you are aware of the published rules why take the chance? If they fix the error in the website tomorrow what are you going to do?
Old Dec 20, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Travelomania
The expiration date on my account was showing 0/0/0001 for a long time, then all of a sudden this week it was 1/1/99.
I have called in various times and have been given different expiration dates after consulting with a manager.
I totally expected my miles expiring on 12/31/15 - 6 months after the last activity - and rushed to make a booking this week.
However, I realized that in the rush I had made a mistake and cancelled the booking within the 24-hr cancel period.
Low and behold, to my pleasant surprise the miles returned instantly into my account and the expiration date has been reset to 6 months out into 2016.

Would anyone know if this new reset date can be trusted as legitimate ?
You can call in, wait on hold for 25 minutes, and ask the rep when your miles expire. Don't trust the website. That is what the rep told me. you have to call in. My mom's expires in june according to the rep, when i called in she said, no they expire in april.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 2:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
I'm taking a screenshot of everything. Frontier can't be trusted and the website is clearly not working properly. Have screenshot for wife's account with a 500 mile (positive) adjustment that posted on August 21. No new activity since then. On October 4 expiration date was listed as 2/21/16. In early December, the account showed expiration date of 6/4/16. Today expiration date shows as "6 months from last positive accrual" which is absolutely useless since the search history function doesn't work.

Suggest using your miles or transferring them elsewhere...and then steering clear of giving Frontier any business in the future.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Same thing happened to my wife.

48,000 miles, with an expiration date shown in February 2016. I checked several times last summer, every time it showed the 2/16 expiration date. Now I check, it shows zero miles. I'm pissed.

Will call them tomorrow and demand they reinstate her miles through the Feb date as previously shown. If they won't, I'll call BBB, CFPB, and will take them to small claims court. I might go there and make a scene, too. Perhaps go piss on the carpet in their corporate office. Find where the CEO lives and go defecate on his doorstep...

Do I smell a class action lawsuit? I think I do.

What complete slime bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.