Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding Pass Issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Boarding Pass Issues

I have a couple of questions about Boarding Passes. I print mine on a laser printer at the office and take them to the airport with me.

Should and Elite passengers Boarding Pass say "Elite" on it somewhere?

I've been told they should but none of ours have.

Do you have trouble with the TSA reading the bar code on the Boarding Pass?

On a number of occasions the TSA scanner has not read the bar code correctly and I've been pulled aside by a supervisor, sometimes they just let me through. It's almost as if this is a known issue with Frontier Boarding passes. I've never been denied access but I wonder what is going on.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I have a couple of questions about Boarding Passes. I print mine on a laser printer at the office and take them to the airport with me.

Should and Elite passengers Boarding Pass say "Elite" on it somewhere?

I've been told they should but none of ours have.

Do you have trouble with the TSA reading the bar code on the Boarding Pass?

On a number of occasions the TSA scanner has not read the bar code correctly and I've been pulled aside by a supervisor, sometimes they just let me through. It's almost as if this is a known issue with Frontier Boarding passes. I've never been denied access but I wonder what is going on.
RStein, I think you and I probably make up about half the posts in this forum as of late

Just got back from my trip using F9 to go to DCA. I printed out my BPs at home and on all 4 segments they said "ELITE" on them. I wish I had them with me so I could tell you where, I believe it was on the right-side portion next to my name but I may be wrong.

Out of 12 boarding passes scanned none of them had issues at TSA. This is a pretty small sample size but not an issue we experienced.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
RStein, I think you and I probably make up about half the posts in this forum as of late
Thanks for the response.

I joined FT when Southwest bought Airtran, my previous main carrier. You can seem my many posts in the Airtran and Southwest Forums. I was pre-disposed to like Southwest but In my opinion they botched the merger of the two systems ( I know Southwest bought Airtran outright but for customers that didn't make any difference). In addition they nearly doubled the fares on most of my routes.I began looking for alternate, Frontiers move into Atlanta gave me the opportunity to try. I really want Frontier to succeed. As far as I can tell they are making most of the right moves based on their business plan. I really don't want the legacies (including Southwest) to control pricing.

I'm really trying to support them against the various yahoos who can't be bothered to read the stuff Frontier puts up on the web site and sends out then claim somehow they've been deceived or cheated, although that seems to have quieted down lately.

Just got back from my trip using F9 to go to DCA. I printed out my BPs at home and on all 4 segments they said "ELITE" on them. I wish I had them with me so I could tell you where, I believe it was on the right-side portion next to my name but I may be wrong.

Out of 12 boarding passes scanned none of them had issues at TSA. This is a pretty small sample size but not an issue we experienced.
That's totally weird.

My wife is Elite and Discount Den. Her BPs never say "Elite" nor "Travel Club" but she is both. I am not "Elite" yet, but will be soon. My BPs always say "Travel Club" and we both joined at the same time. Perhaps this is a result of the problem she encountered after joining Discount Den, when her Elite status was dropped from her account.

I have been told her BPs should say Elite, but they don't so far it hasn't been too big a problem as the website thinks she's Elite and gives her free Stretch Seating and Carry-On bags. I am a little concerned she will no be able to access priority screening, although that hasn't happened yet.

As fro the BPs I always print them at home or the office, it may be our printers. I'll try reprinting them at the airport and see if that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.