Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major problems with new IT system

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Major problems with new IT system

I am at a loss on how to proceed next with this problem, so all suggestions are welcome.

My 3 kids all have EarlyReturns account, and as they are below the age where they can legally obtain a commercial email account, I had put my email address on all 3 accounts. This had worked fine in the past as I could access each account using the ER number as the login.

This all changed with the transition to the new IT system. Frontier arbitrarily assigned my email address to one of my kid's accounts as the username, and I was able to create a new password for this account using that email address. I am unable to access any of the other 3 accounts online, including my account. After spending over 1 1/2 hours on the phone last week (and getting hung up on), I called back today and was told that the only solution is to have unique email addresses for each account. Furthermore, it is impossible to change the connection between my email address and my son's account.

Clearly, this is a major limitation of their new technology platform. I do believe, though, that it is an unacceptable one that needs to be fixed. My kids are legally unable to obtain email accounts, and I have no desire to create a bunch of additional accounts just to placate Frontier's rigid IT system. I understand that many systems out there use email address as a username, but for airlines, when it is an everyday occurrence to have customers who need their own accounts but are minors, this shouldn't be required. My kids have frequent flyer accounts on multiple account airlines, and this has never been an issue.

So, given that the front line employees, even those to whom I have been escalated, have zero input on a major issue such as this, any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks!

Last edited by jonu; Mar 26, 2015 at 9:47 am
Old Mar 26, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear but you just need to create separate email accounts. Should there be a way to use just one email? Yeah probably but I highly doubt they are going to change their FF program just for you. Your best bet is to make the complaint so that it is registered with them and they will be able to see the number of people that are annoyed by this but ultimately you are just going to have to set up the emails.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:47 am

Simply create new email accounts for each child in your name and have all email forwarded to your account.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
If you use gmail you can do [email protected] and it'll go to your account. Just add "+" after your username then anything you want afterwords.

I've never heard of there being a legal age for having an e-mail account. Providers might have something in their T&Cs, but they aren't going to be asking for your birth certificate or anything

Still annoying F9 does that, their new website is terrible. Worse than the last one which was also pretty bad.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
If you use gmail you can do [email protected] and it'll go to your account. Just add "+" after your username then anything you want afterwords.

I've never heard of there being a legal age for having an e-mail account. Providers might have something in their T&Cs, but they aren't going to be asking for your birth certificate or anything

Still annoying F9 does that, their new website is terrible. Worse than the last one which was also pretty bad.
I tried that on my gmail account and it didn't work, It didn't even come back undeliverable, just vanished. a email to my normal gmail address goes thru almost instantly. The ironic thing about the new website is that the week before the switch over it was working great, fast none of the errors that you would usually get,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.