Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TTN Exec talks about wanting 2nd airline

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by writerguyfl
It's "Greek" to me...at least when I'm using Internet Explorer. It's okay on Firefox. IE screenshot:

Looking at your code, the problem is (probably) CSS-based. The text in question is set to "font-family: symbol". There appear to be 10 different style sheets attached. Somewhere in there, IE is getting confused.
Jerseyguy:

Come on, what's with the Greek? Is your site getting a lot of hits from Athens? Or Astoria, Queens?

Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by EricR111
Jerseyguy:
Come on, what's with the Greek? Is your site getting a lot of hits from Athens? Or Astoria, Queens?
I do get alot of hits from Athens...Athens, GA (due to the ATL service)
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:12 am

Last year it seemed that Frontier added many destinations at TTN to keep the buzz going there. Many were Midwest cities that Frontier already had presence into with DEN based service, but weren't major draws in terms of destinations. Low fares were also found in a few markets (BNA and STL) out of PHL or EWR if Southwest competed there.

Is the build up/growth phase pretty much over for Frontier at TTN? I'd thought it would try out some seasonal domestic destinations like ECP, CHS, SAV, PWM, BUF/IAG that could be popular places for people to explore in the summer time.

Maybe after NAS bookings were a flop, it has decided to go very conservative and go along the lines of "stick with what works" and increases to markets like MCO.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by rtalk25
Maybe after NAS bookings were a flop, it has decided to go very conservative and go along the lines of "stick with what works" and increases to markets like MCO.
Bigger picture - new owner, new business model, new rules. Indigo clearly isn't keen on less than daily service. IAD still has a couple of reduced frequency routes (CVG and MEM), but they are the exception rather than the rule.

TTN still has three aircraft assigned to it, but rather than "spread it round" with 3 or 4 x weeklies to more cities, they are concentrating on a reduced number of cities, and with daily service - MSP and CLT, e.g. - as well as increases on the prime markets.

The exception at TTN is UST, which continues at 3 x weekly.

Are the glory days off rapid expansion at TTN over? Probably, for a while at least, but that's partly Frontier and its aircraft situation and partly TTN with its terminal situation.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by rtalk25
Last year it seemed that Frontier added many destinations at TTN to keep the buzz going there. Many were Midwest cities that Frontier already had presence into with DEN based service, but weren't major draws in terms of destinations. Low fares were also found in a few markets (BNA and STL) out of PHL or EWR if Southwest competed there.

Is the build up/growth phase pretty much over for Frontier at TTN? I'd thought it would try out some seasonal domestic destinations like ECP, CHS, SAV, PWM, BUF/IAG that could be popular places for people to explore in the summer time.

I still think that one seasonal destination that should have been tried is MYR. It's not going to happen with the new F9, however.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by EricR111
I still think that one seasonal destination that should have been tried is MYR. It's not going to happen with the new F9, however.
There is NK's ACY-MYR flight. For some, the flight can be convenient by shaving off many driving hours, than driving all the way down to Myrtle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.